Clan Vs Devils - CC 1/4 Final - 6th Dec 23 - FO 19:30

Devils86

Clan have put up the highlights. Have seen the Chad hit on X and expect a DOPS review.

The highlights show Ully being pushed into the goal frame head first....but apparently the Clan are all angels according to their fanbase

Diablo3

Clan have put up the highlights. Have seen the Chad hit on X and expect a DOPS review.

The highlights show Ully being pushed into the goal frame head first....but apparently the Clan are all angels according to their fanbase
Chad's hit wasn't as "dirty" as Clan Coach would have us believe. A foot closer to the boards and there was no call to make. Still hope the Clan player recovers soon. As for Ully re-arranging the Goal - that should have been a call. He was lucky no injury came from face on frame.

Last edited:

kettdevil1

Chad's hit wasn't as "dirty" as Clan Coach would have us believe. A foot closer to the boards and there was no call to make. Still hope the Clan player recovers soon. As for Ully re-arranging the Goal - that should have been a call. He was lucky no injury came from face on frame.
Hmmm for me it was a boneheaded hit by Chad, he glided in from the other side of the rink and then accelerated near the dot. It could easily have been called as charging rather than boarding. It was not the worst hit I have ever seen but given he has previous, I would not be surprised to see him sit for a few.

Diablo3

Hmmm for me it was a boneheaded hit by Chad, he glided in from the other side of the rink and then accelerated near the dot. It could easily have been called as charging rather than boarding. It was not the worst hit I have ever seen but given he has previous, I would not be surprised to see him sit for a few.
Could go either way with DOPS wouldn't be surprised. Yes he could have avoided it, but I think he is trying to prove to the coach he deserves a starting spot, and that is clouding his judgement.

E.D.S.

I don't agree with the DOPs explanation. He's there to be hit in my view. It's not late either. The fact he's travelling at speed is irrelevant for me. He's skating. He's skates at speed to make the hits he makes. I don't think he intentionally "accelerates towards the Clan player" He was already moving at speed. He doesn't generate extra momentum to nail him. Perhaps he could show some consideration that he was two feet from the boards at the time of the hit but that's about it. Hardly the worst hit of the season. The three game ban suggests it's right up there. It really isn't. He's also not a repeat offender so three games for me is a tad heavy when you look at what we've seen this season.

Didn't Chad get thrown out against Clan in Cardiff for a combination of fight and a brilliant mid ice hit. Again, i didn't think that hit was even worthy of a penalty.

MA18

I don't agree with the DOPs explanation. He's there to be hit in my view. It's not late either. The fact he's travelling at speed is irrelevant for me. He's skating. He's skates at speed to make the hits he makes. I don't think he intentionally "accelerates towards the Clan player" He was already moving at speed. He doesn't generate extra momentum to nail him. Perhaps he could show some consideration that he was two feet from the boards at the time of the hit but that's about it. Hardly the worst hit of the season. The three game ban suggests it's right up there. It really isn't. He's also not a repeat offender so three games for me is a tad heavy when you look at what we've seen this season.

Didn't Chad get thrown out against Clan in Cardiff for a combination of fight and a brilliant mid ice hit. Again, i didn't think that hit was even worthy of a penalty.
Funny how people see things differently. I see this one as a stone wall penalty. The check is there to separate the player from the puck, the puck is long gone here. It’s a late unnecessary targeted hit.

I don’t agree with the length of the ban, I think it’s excessive but probably because of injury caused and the fact we play them again this weekend.
I agree with you about the hit in previous game, a very clean open ice hit.

Wannabe2

God doesn’t it always look twice as bad in Slo Mo, in slo mo it looks like he has an age to avert or cancel the hit, where as in proper speed it’s a blink of the eye. Myself I think the punishment is harsh but that’s only my take.

Swarley

Chad's hit should of been at most a 2 game ban, the Ully situation just adds proof this league/officals are either absolutely corrupt or so incompetent and deluded they are beyond elevating the league out of the gutter.

Had a Devils player forced a Clan player face first into the goal post there would of been an uproar from the north, but yeah maybe our coach needs to cry and complain in his post game interview like a spoilt little child to get dops to do their job correctly.