Change in Import Rules for EIHL & other assorted crap

KaneDevils

Re: Change in Import Rules for EIHL

Exactly. 3rd in the medal table in 2012, following 4th in 2008.
2004 = 10th
2000 = 10th
1996 = 36 th :shock:

Guess were getting better.

Of course the WC is just around the corner and a huge representation from Britain. :lol:
Not to mention all the other sports in which we under achieve, rugby, cricket, etc. And lets not get started on technology. We can't even produce a strong bin bag!

DevilDom

Thread starter #62

KaneDevils said:
2004 = 10th
2000 = 10th

Of course the WC is just around the corner and a huge representation from Britain. :lol:
Not to mention all the other sports in which we under achieve, rugby, cricket, etc. And lets not get started on technology. We can't even produce a strong bin bag!
By that reckoning as the 22nd most populated country in the world we have over achieved in the past 4 Olympics.

Shooting yourself in the foot time and time again.

KaneDevils

DevilDom said:
KaneDevils said:
2004 = 10th
2000 = 10th

By that reckoning as the 22nd most populated country in the world we have over achieved in the past 4 Olympics.

Shooting yourself in the foot time and time again.
Rise Sir Dwayne Chambers!

And this bit?

Not to mention all the other sports in which we under achieve, rugby, cricket, etc. And lets not get started on technology. We can't even produce a strong bin bag

Ford or VW, LG or Sony? :roll:

Any argument? :lol:

DevilDom

Thread starter #64

Not sure how I've allowed myself to be dragged into this on a hockey forum.

Pretty pointless really, but in summary Britain is very good at a lot of things to say it is mediocre at everything is rather silly IMO, but I'll leave it at that.

KaneDevils

Mediocre compared to other nations. We lagg behind in much!
As a nation we disappoint.
Always have and unless things change, always will.

Back on topic now please or you'll get me in trouble! :D

A lot of those companies employee many UK peeps.

Formula 1 is full of British engineering talent and China has a strong engineering pool of British consultants etc etc.

Our uni's are full of foreign students & before you state that obvious argument against this, we have to be one step ahead to be able to teach the basics.

What the UK lacks is investors large enough to develop multi billion £ companies, but what we do have is what many countries our size does not have, having something is better than nada and for that we should be proud.

Its common for brits to moan about the UK, ask any foreigner, its generally done by people who have never lived or worked abroad, seen the world for themselves, (beyond the usual holiday gained love of the culture, food and the people are oh so friendly crap I hear), but rather just repeat unintelligent arguments based on information gained via the net (Cos that's full of facts).

The UK has a lot to be proud of, some people just need to live a little longer and experience a little more of life here and abroad to be able to compare.

Some people will others, the ones who's best friends are there family, will continue to moan and live in the country they moan about.

Think about it.

Make a difference or move, much better options, negativity without productivity, that just makes you a fool. :pickle

KaneDevils

Slightly over analysed but never mind. ;:|

Some folk believe that in the English Premiere league, too many imports are the reason why top English/British talent are not coming through, and hence why England have only ever won the WC once (Jules Rimmet trophy at the time (sp).
This IMO, isn't true. If British talent is good enough it will prosper, Gerrard, Barkley, Wilshere, Bale. The fact is, that the best players are foreign, Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Cavani, Ribery, etc etc.

Yes, I'm sure Sony and Honda employ British people, but I bet it's a very small number. Fact is that people at the top of their profession are unfortunately not British.

When purchasing a car, a t.v, a new microwave, how many of us buy British?

You don't need to be well travelled or to have lived in multiple countries to come to these conclusions. I'm also not likely to move abroad because England are crap at football or because Mercedes are better than Ford.
Slightly childish remark, IMO, sorry.

Yes you do, otherwise your simply repeating another persons perspective.

Its not as simple as you suggest, you also have no idea what you are writing. :roll:

You comment that you would not move abroad because England are crap at football and Mercedes is better than Ford, yes I agree with you that is a childish remark.

Earnie

I think we are a bit off topic now chaps?

It is dull time of year for hockey fans - so why not!

KaneDevils

Its not as simple as you suggest, you also have no idea what you are writing
Yes it is! And why? Because you disagree? I have watched England (and other home nations) participate in many sports for the last 25/30 years. Rarely have I felt proud, more disappointed. The vast majority of my sporting heroes are foreign, from football, cricket rugby, and of course ice hockey.

When it comes to technology I have nothing British in my house, from my stereo, to my T.V, to my car.
Even my childs toys are made in China and Taiwan. Can we not even produce a plastic motorised tractor?

Maybe it's more a personal thing but I know I'm not wrong. :RAWK

Why do people have the misconception that Ford are British
It's been known as Ford of Britain since 1960?

Finny

Stop criticising him! The fact he is wrong in irrelevant.

Ironically another example of British failure......

KaneDevils

I'm actually, technically, not British. :D

Even know it alls get it wrong. Who'd have thought.

Jester, anything constructive to add, to be sure?

KaneDevils said:
I have watched England (and other home nations) participate in many sports for the last 25/30 years. Rarely have I felt proud, more disappointed. The vast majority of my sporting heroes are foreign, from football, cricket rugby, and of course ice hockey.
It is more likely that your personal psychological response to failure triggers negative memories within your brain giving your perspective as more of a negative response than someone of a different trait. ;:|

KaneDevils said:
When it comes to technology I have nothing British in my house, from my stereo, to my T.V, to my car.
Even my childs toys are made in China and Taiwan. Can we not even produce a plastic motorised tractor?
My response to this is basically you've falling into a common trap, people read "Made In...." whatever as that it is actually made in that country.

An example Romax Technology, you will probably have never heard of them, yet chances are your surrounded by products with their components within them. Romax provide drive train solutions across sectors including automotive, aerospace, off-highway, marine and wind.

You might not have heard of CHI & Partners, but you’ve probably seen some of its work. The advertising agency has created advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung and The Sunday Times.

ADDER designs and manufactures switches, extenders and IP solutions for controlling local, remote and global IT systems. The company distributes its products in more than 60 countries, with its brand now recognised in most developed economies and gaining recognition in fast-developing economic markets such as China.

I could go on, in fact there are a thousand such UK SME's listed over all sectors that the majority of people living within the UK use daily and many have expanded into new growing markets around the world.

KaneDevil said:
Maybe it's more a personal thing but I know I'm not wrong. :RAWK
In your perception of the world, the current climate etc etc you believe you are correct, like I stated, its not that simple I'm afraid.

In your perception of the world you are completely right, like I stated, its not that simple I'm afraid. Your perception has in fact limited your ability to gain and seek knowledge, you have fallen into a negative mind set, probably due to lifestyle aspects that surround you, your peer group probably talk that way and you've believed them to be true, when in fact they are in the same situation as you.

Since 80% of my family are Non British, I'll be voting that country and they will probably not vote UK out of principal. :DWD

We are all human and as such unless your a visitor spending money or saving our life/economy, we don't really like you. :pickle

Back to hockey..

As a nation we don't have the structure in place to compete at the top level and bring youngsters through. To do this you need rinks solely for practices, where as at the minute the money is made on public skates so practices take a back seat for this reason, and at the end of the day money keeps the rinks open. The sport needs exposure it will never get for the GB setup to be a success. Personally it all went wrong when they got rid of Paul Thompson and his team.