Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2016/17

mazza03

bb1 said:
Nice to see that many of us can see past the fact that Hendo isn't the fastest and see how great his other qualities are. He's an old school hockey player.

If Steve King is reading....Bring back Trevor Hendrikx
+1

voth26

Temme said:
bb1 said:
Trevor Hendrikx is another guy we must sign. The guy is the clone of what we want in a Cardiff Devils player. He's a leader and does everything required to get the fans on their feet, puts himself on line by always looking after team and has great hockey brain. Devils would be crazy to not resign him.

If any of the above do not return it will be a huge loss for us and a huge gain for others.
:shock:
Really I cant believe your shocked because people want Heno to return!!, best D-man by a country mile last season, I hope he's signed up already. He was the only one who really put the team before himself last year, granted not the quickest skater but has good hockey brain and positional sense and more importantly he wants to be here and plays 100% every shift

bb1

voth26 said:
Temme said:
bb1 said:
Trevor Hendrikx is another guy we must sign. The guy is the clone of what we want in a Cardiff Devils player. He's a leader and does everything required to get the fans on their feet, puts himself on line by always looking after team and has great hockey brain. Devils would be crazy to not resign him.

If any of the above do not return it will be a huge loss for us and a huge gain for others.
:shock:
Really I cant believe your shocked because people want Heno to return!!, best D-man by a country mile last season, I hope he's signed up already. He was the only one who really put the team before himself last year, granted not the quickest skater but has good hockey brain and positional sense and more importantly he wants to be here and plays 100% every shift
Yet again another fan who sees what I and many others see. Hope Lordo sees sense and gets him signed. Would hate for him to be playing against us

KaneDevils

Temme highlighted the "good hockey brain" bit. He's not shocked that people want him back, he's shocked at that particular part of the comment.

Hendrikx improved overall last season, he's determined, passionate, and wears his heart on his sleeve. But a good hockey brain? Not so sure about that.

Milky

Bumped into Hendo on Saturday. Said he really wants to sign for us next season.

I think it will be a massive mistake if we don't re-sign him. He's not the quickest but we need a few stay at home defence men. Last season, Hotham, Hudson, Fournier and at times Culliigan all liked to go forward and we were caught out at times. Hendon is a solid blue liner.

He also does the role nobody else will. Batch could be our tough guy (he has all the attributes) but doesn't want that role and I can appreciate that. Nobody really wanted to fight Salters (and you see why!!!) and now he's retired so Hendo is that man.

If this off season is one of upgrading then I feel there are other players we should be looking at upgrading well before Hendo.

Please sign him, we'd hate playing against him!

Wannabe2

Milky said:
Bumped into Hendo on Saturday. Said he really wants to sign for us next season.

I think it will be a massive mistake if we don't re-sign him. He's not the quickest but we need a few stay at home defence men. Last season, Hotham, Hudson, Fournier and at times Culliigan all liked to go forward and we were caught out at times. Hendon is a solid blue liner.

He also does the role nobody else will. Batch could be our tough guy (he has all the attributes) but doesn't want that role and I can appreciate that. Nobody really wanted to fight Salters (and you see why!!!) and now he's retired so Hendo is that man.

If this off season is one of upgrading then I feel there are other players we should be looking at upgrading well before Hendo.

Please sign him, we'd hate playing against him!
Totally agree Hendo loves Cardiff, and loves this club, that is so apparent in his play,for us all to see. I would sign him now, and build my team around him, I would have a power forward who fears no one, give me a team with a mega tough cookie who can also play, then with Hendo, Batch,we have the toughness to look after our goal scorers etc. Myself I would have Jimmy signed up already.

ASHIPP

terry hunt said:
I bet their next priority will be to tie up Bowns,Batch and Richardson.
Would say this has to be the top priority. Even more so since Corey Neilson has stated in his interview today that his No1 priority is to strengthen his core of British players.

And look at the Steelers - quality throughout their British core - they have managed to add to theirs with an existing Elite League player plus take on two upcoming prospects from the EPL.

Devil_Abroad

Re: Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2016/17

terry hunt said:
I bet their next priority will be to tie up Bowns,Batch and Richardson.
I would assume they already did way before the season end (I hope they did)

Electro

It does not matter what TK does, players have their own agendas. Just because they love Cardiff etc etc does not mean there not willing to change teams.

I'm willing to bet most players told the public they loved the many places & teams at the time.

Until it's a confirmed signing l wouldn't bet on anybody. Everybody has a price.

Wannabe2

Electro said:
It does not matter what TK does, players have their own agendas. Just because they love Cardiff etc etc does not mean there not willing to change teams.

I'm willing to bet most players told the public they loved the many places & teams at the time.

Until it's a confirmed signing l wouldn't bet on anybody. Everybody has a price.
Well the best player in the league for the last 2 yrs has just re-signed, Moria, McEwen, Hope, Voth, Birbraer, Richardson etc etc loved it enough to stay.

Devil_Abroad

Re: Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2016/17

Wannabe2 said:
Electro said:

Well the best player in the league for the last 2 yrs has just re-signed, Moria, McEwen, Hope, Voth, Birbraer, Richardson etc etc loved it enough to stay.
And the point I was making is that TK has a track record of keeping the players he wants - though I'm sure he like Lord wouldn't stand in a player's way if it meant going to a better league.

Of course players have their own agendas - they have a career to think about - but money isn't everything to all. There are several factors - including the warmth of the fan base [emoji8][emoji7][emoji41]