Blaze v Devils - 17/10 - 6:00pm - CC - Chat/Updates...

Strangely enough it's much quieter over on Fire & Ice today than it was 24hrs ago. Still a few posts from Blaze fans blaming Carson for their loss. In the thread for Saturday's game, most fans believe the Blaze won by being a better, more disciplined team, not that they were handed the game on a silver plate by the ref.

Oh, and of course it's big bad Sawyer's fault that Smith got injured, despite the fact that he seemed to be needling Sawyer to go all weekend, he eventually got his ass handed to him though.

Last night's game was fantastic, and is probably how Saturday's game would have turned out, were it not for a clown in a black and white striped top determined to ruin things.

Amazing what a difference a change of ref makes.

'Oh, and of course it's big bad Sawyer's fault that Smith got injured, despite the fact that he seemed to be needling Sawyer to go all weekend, he eventually got his ass handed to him though.'

Well all I can say is if you don't want to get injured don't fight, that's the risk you take. From what I could see on the webcast they both were up for it, even the commentators acknowledged that fact.

Personally, I think that with all this back and forth abuse and complaining, the Blaze fans have only suceeded in proving and confirming that they are total and utter idiots themselves. They repeatedly appear to have a significant lack of respect for not only the away team fans but their own rinks stewards/staff, none of whom deserve to be treated in ways I have just read about.

Blaze fans need to accept that with Cardiff being the closest away team, and therefore the "big" rival, they are often going to have the away block close to full of away fans chanting their little hearts out - thats what generally happens in sport and you'd think they'd be used to it by now. I dont see quite as many Cardiff fans complaining and hurling abuse when Cov fans turn up and verbally abuse us via chants in the tent.

No one can deny that the Devils played well and deserved the win last night.

Now you see, thats where you are wrong. The security told the Blaze fan off a couple of times and he was told if he mis-behaved again he would be out. There was also a devils fan making obscene gestures to Blaze fans and calling them obscene words...he wasnt asked to leave !!

the blaze fan in question may have been told off but im sure if it was one of us who was getting in the security's faces as he did and offering other fans outside to fight them and swearing as he was then im sure we would of been told leave no matter what.

drainage

RhiO said:
Perhaps and I need to explain my comments further.

1. I did't find the Chavs chant funny in the slightest (sorry to those guys chanting who clearly thought it was hysterical) - loved the idea that you used the Blaze tune but did't think to words were funny in the slightest.

2. There were a numbers of fans who had clearly had one too many sheberts and we're acting like idiots at times for example when Smith went off injured they jeered him off (completely classless, and we moan about them)

3. Yes a Blaze supporter (yes just one fan) was hurling abuse our way but he certainly got it back ten fold and yes he should have been kicked out. Perhaps you also need to clarify that you were asked to leave by security at the end of the game after the Devils had left the ice - why was that such an issue. It was intended to diffuse a potential situation and nothing more.

4. I completely agree that if Blaze suppporters dish it out they have to be prepared to take it (and even security agreed with this) but they were trying to handle a potentially nasty situation in the simplest way. If they had been asking supporters to leave part way through the game then I would be the first jumping up and down to complain.

5. On a really positive side the game was great. Devils played with heart and to bounce back so superbly from Saturday is credit to G and each of the players on the ice tonight.

(Awaits flaming from fans who disagree . . . . )
Personally having been subjected to water being squirted in my face and more sheep comments than I care to recollect I have no problem with the Chav comment - especially as I think all clubs do the same ditto panthers being panties , Steelers being squeelers etc - its a personal view but I dont think this alone should cast Devils fans in a bad light.

Any player injured should not be jeered I agree but suspect this was a minority rather than majority.

I have seen security act a little too strongly in Coventry before - wasnt there last night I have to say - so its possible there was an over reaction surely ?

I have travelled away many times including abroad and can safely say I have always found the behaviour to be fine and never been ashamed or embarassed by anything.

Just my opinion and wasnt at the game last night

drainage

Brad_ said:
Spatzy said:
Brad_ said:
The fans were quite disgusting to be fair, even the blaze management were not impressed...
How exactly were we disgusting?

They were a disgrace, i would have been embarrassed to be part of the 'fans' that match.

When stewards are called then surely theres something going wrong, the blaze management were really not impressed with what was happening.

You expect some light hearted banter with any team fans, but you dont expect a group of fans to be at our throats with abuse " its was like thugs at a football match "

And then the jeering of a clearly injured Smith (Twisted Knee, Has to go for a scan) was inexcusable, The most classless fans I have ever seen at the skydome, a disgrace to the rest of their fans, their club and the game of hockey.

This sums up the mentality of some of their fans, they will cheer a winning fight more than goals and a win, not mentioning some of the childish acts happening in the bar before hand.

Feel sorry for the decent Cardiff fans (if there was any) that were there last night having to be tarred with the same brush as the other idiot fans.

Kind Regards ;)

drainage

Ghost Dog said:
Strangely enough it's much quieter over on Fire & Ice today than it was 24hrs ago. Still a few posts from Blaze fans blaming Carson for their loss. In the thread for Saturday's game, most fans believe the Blaze won by being a better, more disciplined team, not that they were handed the game on a silver plate by the ref.

Oh, and of course it's big bad Sawyer's fault that Smith got injured, despite the fact that he seemed to be needling Sawyer to go all weekend, he eventually got his ass handed to him though.

Last night's game was fantastic, and is probably how Saturday's game would have turned out, were it not for a clown in a black and white striped top determined to ruin things.

Amazing what a difference a change of ref makes.
Very strange they are blaming Carson - they seemed quite clear we shouldnt have blamed Hicks for Saturday.

So I need to know when we can blame the ref and when we cant - I dont like to get things wrong someone got the rules!! :lol: :lol:

I love how on the fire and ice forum the Blaze fans are whiter than white!!! I'm not sticking up for the devils fans here at all as I wasn't at the game but in Coventry last season I was sat with the home fans in block 14 (behind the bench - as my husband is a blaze fan) and I was abused to the extent that I had to move seats even though most fans know me. I won't go into details but they were personal attacks and foul mouthed.

First elite season we had no end of problems in Coventry. Being called sheep shaggers, baa'd at, abused. Saying that in the away block I've not had many problems since.

I know many decent blaze fans and devils fans however most teams have their fair share of idiots!!

With regards to Smith being jeered, how many times has someone ended up with a bloodied face in the tent and had the 'you got battered' treatment?

Smith was jeered as he tried to pick a fight after Farmer took a battering, and took one himself!

If he'd broken a nose or cheekbone nothing would have been said, why is it worse when it's his knee that's hurt?

James

Administrator
bluedevil said:
Smith was jeered as he tried to pick a fight after Farmer took a battering, and took one himself!
Now that I take offence too :) He fought as he was made to look thoroughly foolish and a coward by Sawyer.

DevilDom

Is there any Youtube footage of the fights from last night?

Shame we haven't really seen any decent fights down the tent this year yet.

DevilDom said:
Is there any Youtube footage of the fights from last night?

Shame we haven't really seen any decent fights down the tent this year yet.
I know coventry do highlights, i would of thought they will be available either today or tomorrow.

James said:
bluedevil said:
Now that I take offence too :) He fought as he was made to look thoroughly foolish and a coward by Sawyer.
True, but if Farmer had won and lifted the crowd (as if in the library!) I don't think he'd have been so eager to go when they did.