Blaze v Devils - 17/10 - 6:00pm - CC - Chat/Updates...

Another Devils fan that agrees with Kettdevil and Twinkle - some of the stuff tonight was really childish and if something similar had been aimed at Devils fans by travelling supporters in the bay I would have been livid.

On a positive, great win for the Devils. Max seems to have really found his feet this season, Pelle was great too and McCrae doesn't ever stop working. Could give positive comments about every player tonight but it's now almost 2am and I'm working 9-9 tomorrow so time for some kip. Does anyone know if Tyler was injured at the end or if his skate was broken? As he came out of the penalty box he skated straight to the bench as if he was injured. .

I'm confused... What are people objecting to now? I was sat in the middle of the away block and didn't notice anything.
If people are referring to the 'When the chavs go to Argos' chant i see nothing wrong with it at all and actually thought it was very petty of the officials to try to stop it.... There was no ill intention with it and it was just a bit of light hearted fun.
Id like to add i wasn't actually involved with the chant in anyway other than hearing it.
Im actually struggling to believe people can take offense to that chant so If we're referring to something else then apologies - i didn't notice it so cant comment.

The only unacceptable behavior i saw up there came from a select few Blaze fans but thats fairly standard up there from my experience...

On a more positive note - game was very enjoyable. A bit of everything and a decent result at the end of the night. I also notice Tyler skate on and then straight off again towards the end - Fingers crossed it was just an issue with his skate or similar.

Not sure if people noticed Joe Myers get hurt in warm up as well? He got hit in the mask by a shot and rushed off to the changing rooms holding his face and didn't return for warm up. I heard they called an ambulance for him but then cancelled it but not sure how much truth is in that as he seemed OK enough to come out with the team and sit on the bench.

kettdevil1 said:
The only disappointment was the behaviour of a minority of Devils fans. We have always been a positive fan base in terms of supporting the team, tonight was different and at times it was plain embarassing. When security have to have words things need to be looked at.

Exactly what did we do wrong as fans last night? Is it our fault that the security went way over the top and started to attempt to kick people out for chanting "easy". This is just antoher example of when the Blaze cant take losing. The games against the Blaze always have constant banter going back and forth. I love the way no one ever complained about the T-Shirts that were made a few years ago about the challenge cup which was calling them all chavs. As soon as we start singing about it were all of a sudden the worse fans in the world! Get a grip, its a game of hockey, we won! Simple as that.

one thing i noticed last night was the security were quick enough telling the devils fans to stop chanting when it was only a bit of friendly banter and no harm intended but when one of their fans was telling everyone including the security to f*** off there was nothing done about that, if that had been any of us devils fans we would of been told to leave the rink.

Perhaps and I need to explain my comments further.

1. I did't find the Chavs chant funny in the slightest (sorry to those guys chanting who clearly thought it was hysterical) - loved the idea that you used the Blaze tune but did't think to words were funny in the slightest.

2. There were a numbers of fans who had clearly had one too many sheberts and we're acting like idiots at times for example when Smith went off injured they jeered him off (completely classless, and we moan about them)

3. Yes a Blaze supporter (yes just one fan) was hurling abuse our way but he certainly got it back ten fold and yes he should have been kicked out. Perhaps you also need to clarify that you were asked to leave by security at the end of the game after the Devils had left the ice - why was that such an issue. It was intended to diffuse a potential situation and nothing more.

4. I completely agree that if Blaze suppporters dish it out they have to be prepared to take it (and even security agreed with this) but they were trying to handle a potentially nasty situation in the simplest way. If they had been asking supporters to leave part way through the game then I would be the first jumping up and down to complain.

5. On a really positive side the game was great. Devils played with heart and to bounce back so superbly from Saturday is credit to G and each of the players on the ice tonight.

(Awaits flaming from fans who disagree . . . . )

Gazza272

kettdevil1 said:
On the ice we played very well indeed. Maxi was in unplayable mode and Pelle is such a good finisher. I have to say I disagree a little with Gazza, Matzka may not have caught the eye with points but he gave 100% today. He even started having a go at Smith, the height difference made it look rather amusing.

I have seen Matzka less than most so maybe I see him on some bad days? But generally my impression is that he has a great hussle when he wants to and a lovely touch. I just get the feeling there is more to come, these touches and hustles come in bunches and bursts and dont seem to be there for 60 minutes.

I get the feeling at times he plays within himself, he could imho dominate this league and i'm just a little dissapointed as to why he isnt. Max is flying in the games i have seen and so is Pelle, I just think we can see them go from being in the top 10 to being in the top 3 if Matzka hits that higher gear i'm certain he has.

ASHIPP

Last night's result will certainly shut up some of the previous moaners on here......including myself! :oops:
Even as professionals, it would have taken strength of character to regroup and play well after the disaster the previous night. The Devils would have been tired, angry and frustrated. But to play well, nail the powerplay,resolve some of the individual duals against the opposition and win away is really commendable.
Well done Guys, a thoroughly deserved win. :cool:

Shaz said:
one thing i noticed last night was the security were quick enough telling the devils fans to stop chanting when it was only a bit of friendly banter and no harm intended but when one of their fans was telling everyone including the security to f*** off there was nothing done about that, if that had been any of us devils fans we would of been told to leave the rink.
Now you see, thats where you are wrong. The security told the Blaze fan off a couple of times and he was told if he mis-behaved again he would be out. There was also a devils fan making obscene gestures to Blaze fans and calling them obscene words...he wasnt asked to leave !!

I was just embarrased last night...my own opinion. Why continually sing a song about the 'Chavs' ? it may not be that offensive but just came across as childish. Songs about the Devils and 'do the ayatollah' was funny but fans are there to cheer on the team not abuse the other.

Spatzy said:
Brad_ said:
The fans were quite disgusting to be fair, even the blaze management were not impressed...
How exactly were we disgusting?

They were a disgrace, i would have been embarrassed to be part of the 'fans' that match.

When stewards are called then surely theres something going wrong, the blaze management were really not impressed with what was happening.

You expect some light hearted banter with any team fans, but you dont expect a group of fans to be at our throats with abuse " its was like thugs at a football match "

And then the jeering of a clearly injured Smith (Twisted Knee, Has to go for a scan) was inexcusable, The most classless fans I have ever seen at the skydome, a disgrace to the rest of their fans, their club and the game of hockey.

This sums up the mentality of some of their fans, they will cheer a winning fight more than goals and a win, not mentioning some of the childish acts happening in the bar before hand.

Feel sorry for the decent Cardiff fans (if there was any) that were there last night having to be tarred with the same brush as the other idiot fans.

Kind Regards ;)

Brad_ said:
Spatzy said:
Brad_ said:
The fans were quite disgusting to be fair, even the blaze management were not impressed...

This sums up the mentality of some of their fans, they will cheer a winning fight more than goals and a win, not mentioning some of the childish acts happening in the bar before hand.
We got fed up of cheering goals, hense when your guys decided to throw your toys out of the pram and drop the gloves and we win the fights we will cheer even louder.

Gaz G

Wasn't there but find it amusing that some blaze fans are having a pop at the devils fans.

Was it not you lot who came to the wnir dressed as builders offering to help knock it down? Classy.

Brad_ said:
Spatzy said:
Brad_ said:

And then the jeering of a clearly injured Smith (Twisted Knee, Has to go for a scan) was inexcusable, The most classless fans I have ever seen at the skydome, a disgrace to the rest of their fans, their club and the game of hockey.

zzzzzz...
i've heard cov fans jeering injured devils players there in the past, some people do stuff like that it aint classy i know but it hasn't hurt anyone so build a bridge and get over it!

Brad_ said:
Spatzy said:
Brad_ said:

They were a disgrace, i would have been embarrassed to be part of the 'fans' that match.

When stewards are called then surely theres something going wrong, the blaze management were really not impressed with what was happening.

You expect some light hearted banter with any team fans, but you dont expect a group of fans to be at our throats with abuse " its was like thugs at a football match "

Feel sorry for the decent Cardiff fans (if there was any) that were there last night having to be tarred with the same brush as the other idiot fans.

Kind Regards ;)
Wow, how to turn around a post to make yourself look a total idiot !!

As i have said i wasnt too impressed with some Devils fans but ''to be at our throats with abuse'' what a load of rubbish !! You want abusive fans , stand behind the goalie under block 8 and witness a group of Blaze fans (regardless of who you are playing).

Also, you may want to look at some of your own fans especially some behind the away bench !! but hey, i best no tar you all with the same brush :evil: :evil:

a blaze fan calling devils fans classless? really.. i think your fans have worked quite hard over the years to get that reputation. As others have pointed out your fans havent got the best record when it comes to being "classy"

Childish acts in the bar beforehand?? Are your referring to the incident where i heared a coventry fan call a devils fan "a welsh ****"? or perhpas it was the incident where another blaze fan offered a cardiff fan outside for a fight.. or maybe it was the incident where a 6 yr old, maybe younger or older... give or take a year or two anyways, called me a "******" and then later when i was seated kept hurling abuse in our direction... or maybe your referring to a skinhead and his mate who if i remember rightly offered people outside for a fight in the game last season when it snowed.. started abusing a female fan and her partner.. offering the pair of them for a fight, in fact they got so heated that the steward had to step in...and even when they did the two guys seemed to round on the steward resulting in a further 3 stewards stepping in...

This is childish in my opinion.. ok some of you may not have liked the chav chant, fact is whatever way your dress it up.. its a bit of banter.. no swearing, nothing aggressive and no malice intended... If you dont like the chant thts your own opinion, which your entitled too, but to be honest to be overly offended by that isnt really normal... as a welsh person ive often been subjected to much worse chants, at the end of the day its only banter, not one devils fan was aggressive last night, not one! there was a good spirit and atmosphere in the stands... the only ones who were being aggressive were a minority of the blaze fans. And when confronted by stewards our fans didnt act aggressive or round on them like a few certain blazes fans did

All of this is hugely inflated and blown out or proportion, people need to put a little bit of perspective on this..

dan.k said:
a blaze fan calling devils fans classless? really.. i think your fans have worked quite hard over the years to get that reputation. As others have pointed out your fans havent got the best record when it comes to being "classy"

Childish acts in the bar beforehand?? Are your referring to the incident where i heared a coventry fan call a devils fan "a welsh ****"? or perhpas it was the incident where another blaze fan offered a cardiff fan outside for a fight.. or maybe it was the incident where a 6 yr old, maybe younger or older... give or take a year or two anyways, called me a "******" and then later when i was seated kept hurling abuse in our direction... or maybe your referring to a skinhead and his mate who if i remember rightly offered people outside for a fight in the game last season when it snowed.. started abusing a female fan and her partner.. offering the pair of them for a fight, in fact they got so heated that the steward had to step in...and even when they did the two guys seemed to round on the steward resulting in a further 3 stewards stepping in...

This is childish in my opinion.. ok some of you may not have liked the chav chant, fact is whatever way your dress it up.. its a bit of banter.. no swearing, nothing aggressive and no malice intended... If you dont like the chant thts your own opinion, which your entitled too, but to be honest to be overly offended by that isnt really normal... as a welsh person ive often been subjected to much worse chants, at the end of the day its only banter, not one devils fan was aggressive last night, not one! there was a good spirit and atmosphere in the stands... the only ones who were being aggressive were a minority of the blaze fans. And when confronted by stewards our fans didnt act aggressive or round on them like a few certain blazes fans did

All of this is hugely inflated and blown out or proportion, people need to put a little bit of perspective on this..

This is where the inferno needs a "like" button :lol:

James

Administrator
Can people be wary of forum rules about personal attacks please.

Dan.k makes some very good points and people should keep things in context. Personally I was stood at the plexi near the players benches and some of the things shouted from the stands behind us full of Blaze fans were neither friendly nor polite. Conversely I was stood next to a friendly Blaze fan who I had a good discussion about the game with. The chants I heard from the away block made me smile and certainly should be taken in the spirit of fun they were meant in. (I can't comment on individual incidents though as I wasn't in the block'

On the ice it was the response we had to have after the previous night and it was the worse Blaze performance I've seen I think.