Blaze v Devils - 17/10 - 6:00pm - CC - Chat/Updates...

DevilDom

Ger-Devils said:
DevilDom said:
Is there any Youtube footage of the fights from last night?

Shame we haven't really seen any decent fights down the tent this year yet.
Michel fight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHwu0E5gLjc

Saywer fight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yMjGMLGw1k
Poor Farmer. Michel well and truly ragged him.

The Sawyer fight was a lot more even, although I think Justin still edged it. Smith seemed to be looking to go to ground as soon as Justin got up after the trip and got free to swing. Smith didn't really look up for it at all and I think saved himself from a proper battering by going to ground.

Ger-Devils

DevilDom said:
Ger-Devils said:
DevilDom said:
Is there any Youtube footage of the fights from last night?

Shame we haven't really seen any decent fights down the tent this year yet.
Michel fight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHwu0E5gLjc

Saywer fight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yMjGMLGw1k
Poor Farmer. Michel well and truly ragged him.

The Sawyer fight was a lot more even, although I think Justin still edged it. Smith seemed to be looking to go to ground as soon as Justin got up after the trip and got free to swing. Smith didn't really look up for it at all and I think saved himself from a proper battering by going to ground.
Smith twisted knee apparantly. He got helped off. He was offering Saywer to go quite often last night. I'm glad Sawyer waited until the few goal lead opened up as it could have turned in their favour going early etc

Taylor gives that guy a proper old fashioned wuppin there! Great work. :lol:
That was value for my £7.95 right there (if i did get told off for banging on the dining table in excitement :( )

Sawyer timed the fight well. Going much earlier would have been foolish. Also making sure it was 'fighting by mutual consent' meant the penalties weren't to steep and got shared out evenly. Simmsy noticed they'd agreed to go before the faceoff.
He did well to get up after that first fall tho, and get in a cracking shot as he stood up. I'd say Sawyer won it 60-40.

Unfortunate the Blaze player hurt his leg. That's always upsetting to see. An enforcer busts a lip, he gets a bit uglier but he can still pay his bills. No one deserves knee damage or similar. Lets hope he can get back on the ice soon (so Sawyer can properly kick his ass :twisted: )

Koop11

An away win! :eek:

Good job lads. Shows a lot of character to come back from a heavy defeat the night before. I truly believed we were the better side 5 on 5 on Saturday night. Our finishing let us down along with some wild officiating but I was encouraged enough to suggest we were more than capable of going up to the Skydome and taking the points.

6 points out of 10 in the CC group is not bad when you consider we've played 3 of our 4 away games. We need to be looking at home wins now against Hull and Nottingham. Still all to play for.

The better team won, well done Devils! Hats off to Farmer for actually trying to fight a import. Disgusted with Sawyer. From where I stood I could see both there faces. As Smith hit the ice and injured his knee, Sawyer carried on fighting. He knew damn well Smith was injured, but still carried on. Anyway, Blaze played poorly, defence was a bit of a mess and so was their forwards. Jaeger played well, it was just the defence that let him down. Certain Blaze forwards didn't even seem interested. If Chambers doesn't pick his game up soon Thommo will have to do something. Blaze's 1st line is one of the best in the league i'd say. But when they don't click, no else seems to step up. Devils played really good. Pelle was ace on the powerplay, Matzka's work rate alone made him stand out. Saw some good work from Kenton. Birbraer was good as usual -- I actually think he's underestimated in this league. Lyle started a little shaky, but got better as the game went on -- which understandable from the previous night.

Tad# said:
........ Disgusted with Sawyer. From where I stood I could see both there faces. As Smith hit the ice and injured his knee, Sawyer carried on fighting. He knew damn well Smith was injured, but still carried on.....
Yawn... I counted 1 soft rabbit punch when he was on one knee, the sort of punch any enforcer does and would do to someone mouthing off all evening and the previous night in Cardiff.
Strange that you didn't comment last season when Cruikshank and Robinson mugged our brits at your place last season.

Message to Smith, less of the cheap shots, back your trash talk with your fists when asked and sorry about your knee, it happens.

Wasnt on this forum when Shanker and Robbo ( I thought it was Campbell?) did that, and yes that was bad of them too. Theirs something about the way Devils play that seems to give Blaze some trouble. It's been like that for years now..still I always look forward to our games. There always entertaining :D

wildthing74

Martynwo said:
Tad# said:
........ Disgusted with Sawyer. From where I stood I could see both there faces. As Smith hit the ice and injured his knee, Sawyer carried on fighting. He knew damn well Smith was injured, but still carried on.....
Yawn... I counted 1 soft rabbit punch when he was on one knee, the sort of punch any enforcer does and would do to someone mouthing off all evening and the previous night in Cardiff.
Strange that you didn't comment last season when Cruikshank and Robinson mugged our brits at your place last season.

Message to Smith, less of the cheap shots, back your trash talk with your fists when asked and sorry about your knee, it happens.
Good post.Smith was chipping all night Saturday yet made no attepmt to fight yet when he's on home ice he has the balls to fight?The game was won easily on Saturday and the way Hicks was reffing he could have probably gotten away with instigating a fight and getting 1 of our guys thorwn out for dropping the gloves.
No way did Sawyer carry on when he was down other than a soft punch and Tad you're mad if you think that compares to Cruickshank's assault on our Brits when we won again yup there last year.

wildthing74 said:
Martynwo said:
Tad# said:

Good post.Smith was chipping all night Saturday yet made no attepmt to fight yet when he's on home ice he has the balls to fight?The game was won easily on Saturday and the way Hicks was reffing he could have probably gotten away with instigating a fight and getting 1 of our guys thrown out for dropping the gloves.
No way did Sawyer carry on when he was down other than a soft punch and Tad you're mad if you think that compares to Cruickshank's assault on our Brits when we won again yup there last year.
Don't put words in my mouth. I never compared the two incidents. Shanker got what he deserved afterwards. He paid the price. Apparently Smith's alright now. His knee is probably just saw.

wildthing74

Looks like its going to be another season of battles between us.As ever there are personnell on both teams that have seemingly developed a healthy dislike for each other and should make for some barnstorming encounters.Cant wait for the Christmas series and I'm sure all scores will get settled over the season.
Got to say I do love our banter with your guys :lol:

Yeah, it is fun. Blaze v Devils was my first game years ago :) soo much fun. I hope Devils do better this season. Kind of want them to win the playoffs. They get so close every year but it just never pans out. I still remember the look of disappointment on fans and players faces. Despite beating Blaze I was still rooting for Devils.

Martynwo said:
Tad# said:
Wasnt on this forum when Shanker and Robbo ( I thought it was Campbell?) did that, and yes that was bad of them too.
Cruikshank, Campbell, Lee and Stewart v Latulippe, Hill, Symonds and Richardson...sounds fair! :|

As for jeering off Smith after his fight...i thought it was a fighting injury (ie, taken a big punch) so part of the "you got battered" mick-take that happens every week.

robbo24 said:
Martynwo said:
Tad# said:
Wasnt on this forum when Shanker and Robbo ( I thought it was Campbell?) did that, and yes that was bad of them too.
Cruikshank, Campbell, Lee and Stewart v Latulippe, Hill, Symonds and Richardson...sounds fair! :|

As for jeering off Smith after his fight...i thought it was a fighting injury (ie, taken a big punch) so part of the "you got battered" mick-take that happens every week.
Correction sorry...add Robinson to the list on the ice for the Blaze.

Also, both Campbell and Cruikshank left the ice to a rapturous applause from the Blaze fans for this debacle.