Biz

voth26

i dont think it should have been kept a secret. It didnt work out this time but 10/10 for trying to make it happen, i think it shows that the new owners are willing to do what's needed to strengthen the team if needs be, it shows the rest of the league that the devils organisation are back and means business, the owners want us fans happy and back in droves(already happening but you know what i mean) and it shows that top players who have been here before want to come and play for us even after last years fiasco ala pr/bp. So thank you and well done the owners,Lordo,Todd and Franny

SteveKing

Well we're all pretty disappointed. We certainly knew there was a risk and there's no doubt that the Coyotes saw our signing and had a change of heart. I guess Biz owes us for making that happen for him! Certainly would have been nice to add him but as I said to TK earlier today, I absolutely love our team so it's not like we were looking to make changes. Nobody wants to play this Devils team!

As for the "England" comment in that article, that was definitely not said by Brian or I. That was a misguided journalist' attempt at clarifying a point. We know better!

Go Devils!

James

Administrator
Disappointing but that's the way it goes. The club certainly handled everything correctly and managed expectations which was nice to see in itself :)

BostonBart22

SteveKing said:
Well we're all pretty disappointed. We certainly knew there was a risk and there's no doubt that the Coyotes saw our signing and had a change of heart. I guess Biz owes us for making that happen for him! Certainly would have been nice to add him but as I said to TK earlier today, I absolutely love our team so it's not like we were looking to make changes. Nobody wants to play this Devils team!

As for the "England" comment in that article, that was definitely not said by Brian or I. That was a misguided journalist' attempt at clarifying a point. We know better!

Go Devils!
as you and brian are adopted welshmen we knew it didnt come from yourselves. well happy with the devils at the moment and another massive win in coventry. :D

jimmy snels

BostonBart22 said:
SteveKing said:

Go Devils!
as you and brian are adopted welshmen we knew it didnt come from yourselves. well happy with the devils at the moment and another massive win in coventry. :D
Yep keep the good stuff coming! :) And when you see that journalist punch him and we're even :twisted:

d20

SteveKing said:

Go Devils!
Don't worry about it Steve, it was a great attempt at trying to get him and it nearly happened there was always going to be a chance that would happen, shame for us but good luck to him, who knows we may get him next year, as for you ,Brian,Kelly and Craig I think your gonna need another quick trip cos this team are getting better u can't stay away till the end of the year!!! Guess u catch the webcasts ,anyway (go leafs go ) had to get that in !!!!

SteveKing

d20 said:
SteveKing said:

Go Devils!
Don't worry about it Steve, it was a great attempt at trying to get him and it nearly happened there was always going to be a chance that would happen, shame for us but good luck to him, who knows we may get him next year, as for you ,Brian,Kelly and Craig I think your gonna need another quick trip cos this team are getting better u can't stay away till the end of the year!!! Guess u catch the webcasts ,anyway (go leafs go ) had to get that in !!!!
Go Leafs Go??? You English are all the same :evil:

Ocko

Don't worry about it Steve he's a rubbish 4th line goon anyway. We were just being polite when he was announced.

Now on the subject of signings... Have you ever heard of a guy called Craig Weller? ;)

d20

SteveKing said:
d20 said:
SteveKing said:

Go Devils!
Go Leafs Go??? You English are all the same :evil:[/quote
Ha ha ....That's fighting talk Steve !!!!!!!!

Mooney#16

Steve. I think most know it would have been a lottery win. We're talking about signing a guy who's nhl salery blows the entire clubs combined out of the water. You guys backed a move that placed an elite player into the shop window along with the Devils. A great and ambitious move. But Biz is a stand out player and should be in the show. I actually think he should be playing more minutes in the show. He has every right at his shot. Sad it never happened but thanks for sharing the ambition of the fans and backing such ambitious moves.

Koop11

Shame the move never happened. Whilst we’ve lost the opportunity to see Biz in a Devils jersey for now, this has been a win, win situation. The Devils for a short period of time were one of the hockey’s world’s headlines with reports written about the move from some high profile organisations over the pond. Not to mention the twitter wild fire that ensued on Friday evening. I think the announcement also raised Biz’s profile and might have meant his offer to play AHL happened quicker that expected.

The exciting thing that has unearthed from all this is the ambition that the new ownership has shown (not that many of us needed convincing!). It’s scary to think that if we can maintain the crowds we’re seeing of late going into our new home then we could possibly see some big names consider a move to our club in the future.

ASHIPP

It was a great idea mutually beneficial to Biz and our team...but there were always going to be risks. Todd and Steve always made that clear from the start.

It allowed us to dream a bit....but this team is playing so well right now. Everhthing is balanced and there is real chemistry, versatility and fantastic work ethic amongst our players.

The Club and Team are delivering everything they promised and more...just carry on doing what you are doing. BBT is the happiest hockey home in the league right now.

danhall76 said:
I'm English. Obviously just not as touchy as some others. Got more important things to do than worry about what some sheep shagger said. :D
I'm English too......what you said is kind of what I said to the other half....Mind you, she's Welsh so didn't get it!

Err....if you read this...I didn't mean it.

BTW When I logged on it asked "who plays out of the Skydome?" I really struggled with that one. Tried Cardiff Devils but it didn't work. Tried 4 or 5 other Elite teams with no luck. Eventually had to put Blaze in.

Mods - You might want to re-think that question. ;)