Biz

Ocko

I think Franny must deserve big credit for this too, afterall he is the only one of the previous management who is still here from Biz's previous stint with us so I assume he was the one who Biz made contact with. Biz choosing Franny and the Devils over G and the Steelers? It's becoming more evident who was the brains and driving force behind our great recruitment over the years.

Koop11

I still can't believe it. This just adds to what has been the most exciting season I've experienced in the 24 years following this club. Outrageous stuff.

danhall76 said:
I don't think he will get an NHL contract this year. And if he does he'll be sent down to the AHL. Due to their veteran rules would probably be a healthy scratch. Their loss is our MASSIVE gain!! Over the moon!!
Agreed.
First, really pleased to have Biz back - be great to have someone of his experience around the team and provide some extra energy for the fans.

I wouldn't be surprised if he stays around for a significant part of the season though.
The NHL has undergone a pretty seismic shift in terms of fighters this summer. The only team really tooling up has been Brian Burke's Calgary Flames.
Those fighters that have made it need to be able to contribute a regular shift as well (like 7-8mins or more per night) and I'm sure Biz himself will admit that he wasn't doing that often.

So it depends what his out clause is (whether it includes AHL teams for example) but he may be around for a while.
And I'm not complaining.

Can still remember when we played the Giants and Sandrock looked like he wanted to go with someone, then out of the corner of his eye he saw Biz skating towards him and nearly shit himself :lol:

Sheincar

Thread starter #65
It speaks volumes that he wanted to come back and, if it all works out & he arrives, he'll now experience how professional the club has become. Which can only be good news going forward. We already get recommendations from former players but now we'll have someone who has wide appeal who can say how wonderful the club has become.

tallerthanVoth said:
danhall76 said:
I don't think he will get an NHL contract this year. And if he does he'll be sent down to the AHL. Due to their veteran rules would probably be a healthy scratch. Their loss is our MASSIVE gain!! Over the moon!!
Agreed.
First, really pleased to have Biz back - be great to have someone of his experience around the team and provide some extra energy for the fans.

I wouldn't be surprised if he stays around for a significant part of the season though.
The NHL has undergone a pretty seismic shift in terms of fighters this summer. The only team really tooling up has been Brian Burke's Calgary Flames.
Those fighters that have made it need to be able to contribute a regular shift as well (like 7-8mins or more per night) and I'm sure Biz himself will admit that he wasn't doing that often.

So it depends what his out clause is (whether it includes AHL teams for example) but he may be around for a while.
And I'm not complaining.
Nearly every night this season in the nhl there has been a fight in all the games played,you will never get rid of fighting totally in hockey,the day that happens it will be a sad day in hockey.

scorchio said:
tallerthanVoth said:
danhall76 said:
Agreed.

And I'm not complaining.
Nearly every night this season in the nhl there has been a fight in all the games played,you will never get rid of fighting totally in hockey,the day that happens it will be a sad day in hockey.
I suspect you're right about never fully eradicating it, but it is being gradually reduced and I'd be surprised if there's been a fight in just about every NHL game so far this season.
But if you have the stats then happy to be proved wrong.
Personally I wouldn't morn the loss of fighting in ice hockey, unless of course you dislike fast, skillful, free-flowing hockey like that played in the Olympics - in which case I'll bow to your better judgement.

jimmy snels

Sheincar said:
Pretty good article (I'm trying to ignore the "in England" comment!)

If mr king or parker are reading this let me put some perspective on this comment.
Imagine people kept calling you American, would piss you off right? Now imagine someone called you an american thats a smelly mixed breed that has three eyes and 16 toes and fancies his sister. Thats about the equivalent of calling us English :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ocko

On the upside we have gained massive worldwide publicity as a result. It was nice to dream for those 20 odd hours I suppose.