Bans from last night (as they stand)

steve

Max was clearly shown on the rink screens, stood by the bench at the end of the game. That doesn't mean he was involved - i didn't see him fighting, but for those saying he didn't come out of the changing rooms - he did (before it kicked off).

steve said:
Max was clearly shown on the rink screens, stood by the bench at the end of the game. That doesn't mean he was involved - i didn't see him fighting, but for those saying he didn't come out of the changing rooms - he did (before it kicked off).
If he has got a penalty for that then that is shocking. Its normal for a player who has been ejected to watch from the tunnel

Will anything be done about Blaze players breaching the new social media policy and tweeting within the restricted period, or does being an NHLer mean you are exempt from that?

Fife got fined IIRC although their tweet was about the ref I think.

Finny said:
I've watched the tv clip several times and can't see Max anywhere near the bench.
After getting thrown out, Max did appear before the final whistle and was watching the game from behind the glass where the Devils dressing room entrance onto the ice is. Far right of the bench as you're looking at it. Looked to me like he'd taken his gloves/elbow pads/shoulder pads/helmetr off and was just stood there in his dark blue/black undershirt.

Oldgoalie80 said:
Finny said:
I've watched the tv clip several times and can't see Max anywhere near the bench.
After getting thrown out, Max did appear before the final whistle and was watching the game from behind the glass where the Devils dressing room entrance onto the ice is. Far right of the bench as you're looking at it. Looked to me like he'd taken his gloves/elbow pads/shoulder pads/helmetr off and was just stood there in his dark blue/black undershirt.
Yeah I was stood opposite so could see the changing rooms. Max basically left the ice, took all his gear off and was stood in the door way to the changing rooms watching the end of the game. He kept going in and out of the changing rooms but when it kicked off with the fights I didn't see where he was then.

voth26

J.B said:
Finny said:
Chris Ellis has also confirmed that clubs are allowed to submit additional footage to be used in review. There is nothing stopping the Devils requesting further punishment for any Coventry player.
Thought the Devils were better than having to ask for extra bans??
unlike the blaze who have already asked for reviews for cheapshot olsen and other incidents involving the blaze this season??!!!!!

Sheincar

Hynod said:
Finny said:
Is he the one in the light biege sweater? If so when Eghead approaches Franny he backs off.
Believe that's the doctor. Max definitely came out of dressing room & he was shown on the screens watching the game but not near the bench & definitely no sign of him when it all kicked off.

max was down to his black skins and was in the devils doorway he did come flying out at some point but as you are trying to watch several things at once its hard to remember when i seen him as i was right opposite him we had just rolled the carpet out and was standing up by the four girls holding an empty box of beer totally gobsmacked at what was happening before their eyes lol

karlhock said:
max was down to his black skins and was in the devils doorway he did come flying out at some point but as you are trying to watch several things at once its hard to remember when i seen him as i was right opposite him we had just rolled the carpet out and was standing up by the four girls holding an empty box of beer totally gobsmacked at what was happening before their eyes lol
Must admit that was a bit surreal seeing those girls stood there on the carpet with all the shenanigans going on over the other side. They probably figured the Blaze numptys were throwing enough handbags as it was so leave them to it :lol:

max comes out as egends goes for franny you can see it on the youtube clip its around the 2 mins 40 sec mark he stars off by the devils ice door and runs in standing by macky

karlhock said:
max comes out as egends goes for franny you can see it on the youtube clip its around the 2 mins 40 sec mark he stars off by the devils ice door and runs in standing by macky
It's just been on Sky Sports News. The footage they have shows that he and Franny confront Egener (who was probably shouting his mouth off before hand anyway) and then the scrap broke out. Max is involved in that. I can't see what Franny did, in the footage it just looked like he was just caught in the middle of Max and Egener.

Foxy

My son was stood above the bench. He said Max came onto the bench when Egners attacked Franny He did not go onto the ice.

DevilDom

Simms just tweeted that he expects bans to be confirmed within the hour. I expect they will appear on the steelers website first.

Foxy said:
My son was stood above the bench. He said Max came onto the bench when Egners attacked Franny He did not go onto the ice.
Max threw the first punch and Egener threw back Franny followed in after that and then Deeds who was standing on the bench was throwing punches over the top at Blaze players.... It's all on camera..

Jones72

oneill said:
Think the league have got this spot on... From the footage aviable the bans seem fair.
No issue with the bans dished out to the Devils. Any of them.

Big issue with the lack of appropriate action against the Blaze. Get ready for a lot more crap like that from them all over the league, because the the league just sent out a clear message: "Crack on, boys. DO whatever you want. We won't touch you".

Bush league.

I don't see much wrong with what the Blaze do.. Olson defends himself against Devils fan,, Egener swaps punches with players on Cardiff bench.. Any other game the pens for Egener would be sorted in the game so why any diffrent this time..

The Devils pens speak for themselves.. Deeds would of got nothing had he not came back out and throw punches over the bench, his fight with Olson was a fair scrap.. And Neil Francis if he had of stayed out of it would not of picked up anything either..