****9PM FACE OFF****TONIGHTS GAME. IMPORTANT!!!!

Not fair, I sit in block 8 and never got to abuse anyone today. I paid for a family S.T. and should be entitled to give out 4 times the abuse. Unless someone from the club can be arsed to call me and get sworn at & called rude and immature names I shall have to seriously consider renewing next season. Could they not have organised a microlight each for the players and flown them over kitted up? landing in the car park would have been a breeze.
S**t happens folks, the club are obviously trying to deal with it as best they can, maybe we should all do the same.
It's also three extra hours rest for the players.

Are you seriously telling me that the two people they managed to get hold of were abusive so they stopped calling :D

Also I thought earlier posts said they didnt have enough staff to ring around, so which story is true?

Diafol

Sheincar said:
Be interesting to know what the club's refund policy is going to be. Clearly I couldn't give any notice for a ST game that I now can't attend. :(
I was wondering exactly the same thing, my son was playing in an inline hockey tournament in Swansea this morning so I haven't seen the internet all day, drove straight to Cardiff from there, then another hour's drive home from the rink when I found out what was happening and realised that I would probably end up getting the kids home about 1am if I'd stayed.

Not a happy bunny...

Kipper

cardiffdevil said:
Are you seriously telling me that the two people they managed to get hold of were abusive so they stopped calling :D

Also I thought earlier posts said they didnt have enough staff to ring around, so which story is true?
I am seriously telling you that Planet Ice staff started ringing round the ST holders block by block and after they had finished two blocks they gave up because of the abuse they were getting. I was with rink manager Chris Hartrey when his staff came and reported the abuse to him.

So I guess it might be true then.

Do you want me to spell it out any clearer for you?

Kipper said:
cardiffdevil said:

I am seriously telling you that Planet Ice staff started ringing round the ST holders block by block and after they had finished two blocks they gave up because of the abuse they were getting. I was with rink manager Chris Hartrey when his staff came and reported the abuse to him.

I still have a hard time believing it, and there is no need to be rude

Kipper

cardiffdevil said:
Kipper said:
cardiffdevil said:

I still have a hard time believing it, and there is no need to be rude
I don't care whether you believe me or not, just ask the reception staff at the rink.

However if you are callng me a liar then you have no idea how rude I can get

Well the nice lady at the rink phoned me this morning to tell me the game was delayed. I was pleased to think that after last week they were making an effort to let people know. I certainly didnt feel the need to abuse her

DevilDom

I think that a lot of people need to take a deep breath and think for a minute.

The game is delayed and the club have IMO made every effort to inform as many people as possible. I'm not a ST holder but got a call earlier today from a friend, so what they have done has worked.

Sometimes these things happen and we all need to get over ourselves and get behind the team rather than balming everyone at the Club, Belfast, the weather forecastors and Sheffield!

Kipper I dont feel the need to fall out with someone I dont know however your comments are over the top. I am not referring to what you are saying but to what you have been told, so please calm down and stop being so aggressive.

When my sister managed to get hold of someone at the rink straight away she was asked not to shout, not only was she not shouting she was being quite reasonable. Now I know your next thought is bias on my part but I assure you its not, so you can see why I have concerns over what you have been told. That is not to say some people were probably rude but I dont beleive they all were.

drainage

DevilDom said:
I think that a lot of people need to take a deep breath and think for a minute.

The game is delayed and the club have IMO made every effort to inform as many people as possible. I'm not a ST holder but got a call earlier today from a friend, so what they have done has worked.

Sometimes these things happen and we all need to get over ourselves and get behind the team rather than balming everyone at the Club, Belfast, the weather forecastors and Sheffield!

Not sure anyone is saying they arent behind the team - simply that they are frustrated at the way this as gone. Last week was a debacle and this week isnt any better - yes its no one fault and yes I appreciate the Devils saving money where needed. This just seems to have been an own goal - whatever saving been made has to be offset by any payout to people who want refunds, lack of money spent at rink due to people finding the face off too late etc

If they used the technology that allows u to text en mass then the abusive masses (not sure I agree there are that many but hey ho) would have had to call to be abusive following receipt of text - a lot of the issues are they didnt call hence the frustration

as I was yelled at by a PI employee for daring to say whats going on have limited sympathy at moment but am prepared to think they are having a bad day - not my fault but will be generous

Posts that mention true fans, have a go at people who are annoyed dont really help right now - sometimes you just need to get it off your chest I guess

cf38 said:
and would like to thank planet Ice and/or Devils org for allowing me to transfer my other kids tickets to a different game in December.
Can I just ask if you have already transferred the tickets? Reason I ask is that if we can do this I will pop down the rink during the week to transfer the tickets I had for my kids to next weeks game.

I've just trawled through pages and pages of yada yada...and all I'm thinking about is poor Paul and Trebsy. Spare a thought for these 2 guys who have been up since the crack of dawn, driven to Belfast Port to be told the ferries were cancelled, had to sort out another route, drove from Belfast to Dublin, got the ferry across to Holyhead, have been driving since half 3 this afternoon to get down to Cardiff so there can be a game, they are both absolutely knackered, I'm sure they'll both enjoy reading all the moaning about not receiving a damn phone call!!!!

Well done guys, you're superstars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxx

They just said bring the ticket in and we will swap it for another game, they would have done it on the phone if it was for next week, but I already got a ticket for that game so they said just bring tonights ticket down the rink in the week, and arrange another game.

Chris

Administrator
I've just trawled through pages and pages of yada yada...and all I'm thinking about is poor Paul and Trebsy. Spare a thought for these 2 guys who have been up since the crack of dawn, driven to Belfast Port to be told the ferries were cancelled, had to sort out another route, drove from Belfast to Dublin, got the ferry across to Holyhead, have been driving since half 3 this afternoon to get down to Cardiff so there can be a game, they are both absolutely knackered, I'm sure they'll both enjoy reading all the moaning about not receiving a damn phone call!!!!

Well done guys, you're superstars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxx
Not exactly a helpful post...

Whilst the guys might have driven that distance, the complaints on the board so far have been about the club not ringing them, nothing to do with Paul or 'trebsy'.

Chris.

wow, some people are unreal. Y
ou cant blame them for using a ferry, it must cost a fortune in baggage to fly all that kit, and for all they knew the flight could have been cancelled due to bad weather.
The fact that people on here complaining about not recieving a phone call is unreal, you clearly already know about it yet you still need someone to ring and tell you??? The devils office is too small to phone 500 fans and so they have asked for the help of pi. pi then recieve abuse for communicating circumstances out of their control and get abuse so give up, fair enough if you ask me.
They have, as has been said, posted on their site, facebook, red dragon and here, not a lot more they can do.
It would be great if they had a text machine which could text everyone but is it really worth the money considering how often this actually occurs???
Last saturday had nothing to do with devils missing flights etc whoever mentioned tthat, it was all down to belfast.
I really think some people need to grow up, the devils have handled the situation fine if you ask me.

cf38 said:
They just said bring the ticket in and we will swap it for another game, they would have done it on the phone if it was for next week, but I already got a ticket for that game so they said just bring tonights ticket down the rink in the week, and arrange another game.
Cheers, thanks for the info.

A13D said:
I think there are a number of people here who really need to consider the whole picture and stop being so selfish!

Not 1 post has said anything about the players. Any thought for them?!

Would you want to play this late at night after traveling all weekend?
Yes its their job, but there the ones who will get the abuse if they dot play as good as we expect due to their tiredness.

So no matter what the face off time is TRUE fans will be behind their players and will support them.
I'm sorry but I have to think of my job, I have to get up early in the morning so am unable to make it tonight, You go oh TRUE fan, I'm so crap for not going, I'm not a TRUE fan at all, I'll go away and cry in a corner