****9PM FACE OFF****TONIGHTS GAME. IMPORTANT!!!!

Gazza272

cardiffdevil said:
Finny why do you feel the need to argue with valid opinions?

They could have drafted staff in from somewhere, the point is that they have rung some people and not others, therefore either do it or dont bother at all and rely on the media you have.

I wouldnt mind that they didnt ring me but for the fact they contacted other people. If you havent got the staff then why bother doing it

But isnt that damned if you do and damned if you dont?

If they didnt ring we would probably be on 6 pages by now.

Between normal game day prep, making sure the kit gets there on time and getting hold of Red dragon and some fans, i'ed say the club have done as much as they can.

They seem to have phoned a few people and asked them to rely the message to people they know to try and get news spreaded quickly, people who read this will also pass the message on.

I guess you have to ask yourself, do you know anyone who doesnt know the face off time is delayed? if not i'ed say the club has done its job has it not?

zoesdevil

does anyone know wot the exact face-off time is 2nite please as my girlfriend her dad and me have to travel from carmarthen and we have heard about 3 different face-off times now??

drainage

Finny said:
drainage said:
Finny I think you are trivialising some peoples genuine gripes and its probably not helpful. To be fair most posts arent blaming the club (apart from wisdom of sending kit by ferry and sorry the weather forecast for north cardiff was bad all weekend - granted that doesnt cover the Irish sea so bad weather in my area doesnt mean ferries wont sail i agree ) the issue is
Don't forget that they managed to get the ferry across yesterday ok - when the weather was actually supposed to be at it's worse.

drainage said:
Lack of contact - as off 16.45 none of the numbers I have with devils has been called
Please explain to me how they are supposed to contact 500 people in less than 5 hours with 0 office staff?
drainage said:
Lack of clarity - eg what fans do are they entitled to refunds
Do you really need to know that now?
Some people have said that the rink have confirmed that people can get a refund or transfer the tickets. Surely that is something that can wait until after today though?

drainage said:
Playing the game when even the closest fan is likely to land in bed on Monday ! Never mind the panthers fans !!
Seeing as there were suggestions the game would be postponed - I'm guessing the league told them that they had to play it.
drainage said:
No I dont expect Brad to ring my doorbell - they've not located my tel nums so the address is a leap too far !! No one needs to be patronised - its an act of god I agree but could have been handled better
Really? I'm not sure how!
So I am guessing I am not allowed an opinion ??? To say contact 500 people with no staff and see posts here where those non existant people did just that seems ridiculous and incorrect... the arguement leaks sorry.

Yes the refund debate can wait until tomorrow doesnt stop the question being asked today though

Dont guess the league said play - if they did fair enough if they didnt then we should have postponed - assuming we could stop the panthers travelling

Think I did say couldnt comment on the weather on the Irish Sea if you read correctly

I also said I dont blame the club - so maybe you cant stop having a go .... I think I have a right to a view just like you

zoesdevil said:
does anyone know wot the exact face-off time is 2nite please as my girlfriend her dad and me have to travel from carmarthen and we have heard about 3 different face-off times now??
it idder 8:30 or 8:45 :)

drainage

zoesdevil said:
Best I got from rink was 9pm - red dragon says 8.45pm

Finny

cardiffdevil said:

They could have drafted staff in from somewhere, the point is that they have rung some people and not others, therefore either do it or dont bother at all and rely on the media you have.

I wouldnt mind that they didnt ring me but for the fact they contacted other people. If you havent got the staff then why bother doing it
I guess in the hope that some people would then pass it on to their friends. The more people that know the better.
I was sent a text off someone who was rung up. So it does work.
Maybe their maths isn't as good as mine and it wasn't until they started that they realised they wouldn't be able to ring around everyone. Banish them to hell for even daring to do it.

Sorry but some people are being entirely unrealistic and just looking for a reason to complain. I can understand some people not being happy the situation and it meaning they now can't go. I myself would have rather they cancelled it than played it - but it was shown on the first page that this would have upset some people.

Finny

zoesdevil said:
There is no exact face-off time. The van with the kit is still en-route and until it arrives at the rink they won't know. They reckon that the earliest possible is 8.30pm, but the most likely time is 8.45pm.

Finny

drainage said:
So I am guessing I am not allowed an opinion ??? To say contact 500 people with no staff and see posts here where those non existant people did just that seems ridiculous and incorrect... the arguement leaks sorry.
But it's not the club who have rung around. It's the rink who have rung some people, but only with their usual staff numbers who are in to deal with standard sunday trading.

Don't forget that some of the club staff would have gone to Belfast last night, and would still have been on the plane coming back when this was all going on. By the time they got back to Cardiff it would probably have been too late to do anything meaningful. Plus some of the Planet Ice staff went across for the game too.

Gazza272 said:
cardiffdevil said:

But isnt that damned if you do and damned if you dont?

If they didnt ring we would probably be on 6 pages by now.

Between normal game day prep, making sure the kit gets there on time and getting hold of Red dragon and some fans, i'ed say the club have done as much as they can.

They seem to have phoned a few people and asked them to rely the message to people they know to try and get news spreaded quickly, people who read this will also pass the message on.

I guess you have to ask yourself, do you know anyone who doesnt know the face off time is delayed? if not i'ed say the club has done its job has it not?

I take it that last question is rheotorical, as I couldnt possibly know if people dont know the face off time, I know lots of people who go but dont have their personal details!!!

Between the clubs effort at making an announcement and word of mouth I managed to find out about the delay in Amsterdam this afternoon (and promptly celebrated the fact that I can now go to the game ;) ) so I would say that they cant have done too badly.

As for weather forecasting we were told that the weather in Cardiff was overcast and to expect turbulence only to land an hour later in some of the clearest conditions I've ever seen- it's not an exact science and sometimes things will go wrong.

Also, if the Giants kit hadn't made it across by ferry last weekend we'd have had a further delay with the team waiting for baggage reclaim. So yes, it's unfortunate that we'll have a delay for a second week in a row but there's no need for some of the over-reactions on here and I'm sure the club will issue a statement about refunds asap.

Finny

Sponge Bob said:
Further to that I believe the number of season ticket holders is closer to 300 than 500, there was a cock up with how season tickets holders details were kept, it only came to light after a few staff members left the club!
Not sure how that is possible..surely they just count the number of people who have paid each year?
Plus according to the online ticketing website there are 499 seats not available for purchase as they are season ticket holders. And that's not including those season ticket holders in the sponsor blocks.

I think there are a number of people here who really need to consider the whole picture and stop being so selfish!

Not 1 post has said anything about the players. Any thought for them?!

Would you want to play this late at night after traveling all weekend?
Yes its their job, but there the ones who will get the abuse if they dot play as good as we expect due to their tiredness.

So no matter what the face off time is TRUE fans will be behind their players and will support them.

Fubar

just to be totally argumentative .....

Belfast played last nite and are playing AWAY in Newcastle as we speak........

My source tells me they are on the ice, fully kitted up in their own stuff....Go figure!

ahhhhhhh the old true fan (or real fan as we call them in belfast) chestnut. :D

for a neutral i have to say these 2 threads are making the time fly in! if only someone would bring me some crisps or something

A13D said:
I think there are a number of people here who really need to consider the whole picture and stop being so selfish!

Not 1 post has said anything about the players. Any thought for them?!

Would you want to play this late at night after traveling all weekend?
Yes its their job, but there the ones who will get the abuse if they dot play as good as we expect due to their tiredness.

So no matter what the face off time is TRUE fans will be behind their players and will support them.
Another thing the players will have to play with wet kit, surely that won't be fun.....

Fubar said:
just to be totally argumentative .....

Belfast played last nite and are playing AWAY in Newcastle as we speak........

My source tells me they are on the ice, fully kitted up in their own stuff....Go figure!
they would have got the ferry to scotland.

your guys either went to dublin then holyhead or went rosslare to fishguard. its very possible that the weather down their is much much worse than the short belfast-stranraer route.