****9PM FACE OFF****TONIGHTS GAME. IMPORTANT!!!!

smith83 said:
dave hardman said:
Devils advocate said:
....and if you missed a flight, or got caught in a massive traffic jam, or missed a ferry, and couldn't make it to a game, would the devils still want you to buy a ticket even if you didn't turn up???? You bought a game ticket, and technically the game is still on, just later. I think it's referred to as circumstances beyond control...

It's not a perfect world....some things are unavoidable.

The tone of some people on here gives the impression that you think the club are doing these things intentionally.

I tell you what, lets triple the ticket prices and charter a private jet for the team and kit and then there won't be the inconvenience...we all miss things we want to go to, times are hard moneywise for many and I don't think anyone on here doubts that; or wouldn't agree that it would be better for face off to be at 6 and for us to win 8-0......as the rolling stones once said..."you can't always get what you want"

D.A.
I heard the kit manager "MISSED" the ferry last night and not from the ferry being cancelled, who's fault is it now then?

i KNOW that the ferry left at 10:30 and since the game didn't finish til quarter to 10, it was an almost impossible task to get to the ferry ontime! If the Giants hadn't put their faceoff back by 30 mins, then maybe he would have made it!
Hopefully a lesson has been learn't here then so it doesn't happen in the future.

Finny

DWD said:
"I hope cardiff are suitably deduced points by the league for delaying the face off"

:lol:
But it's Belfast's fault again. At this rate they will be on minus points by christmas!

;)

blk2hockeymum said:
phil PLT said:
You have to ask the question why is the kit manager travelling by ferry and not flying along with the players?
If, and I suspect it is to do with the cost of the kit going by air then I feel the Devils have shot themselves in the foot with this one, as if the game does go ahead then they are likely to lose more revenue with a reduced crowd then it would have done to fly the kit in and out of Belfast
what a gift they would have to see in to the future and predict the weather!

whatever happens they are damed if they do and damed if they don't.
Never seen a weather forecast then :roll:

RichardR said:
The game is definitely on, but I would be there by 8.25pm just in case it does face off at 8.30pm
Please can someone confirm the right time that the game is on because people have to travell to get to the ice rink :)

This is a nightmare for me i've got a five hour drive to north wales after the game. With normal face off it was a daunting enough thought now it's going to be an absolute nightmare :-( (should add that i don't blame the devils organisation for this just in case anyone thinks i'm having i dig)

Sheincar

Be interesting to know what the club's refund policy is going to be. Clearly I couldn't give any notice for a ST game that I now can't attend. :(

drainage

gandl said:
nice to see the club have not made any effort to call all st holders,as a first time st holder am thinking will not renew next year
I was told they had been calling - but neither of my mobiles or my land line have had a call and if they went alphabetically I should be near top !! Just so happened was in car when red dragon annouced the delay ..... glad to know my £300 plus outlay gave me some assistance !! I know you can get some kit (excuse the lack of technology) that allows texts to be sent to all registered users , surely that would be useful !!

Sheincar

I had a phone call from Planet Ice about 12.30 warning me of delay but had nothing from club & no reply at office. Not a happy bunny at all. Hopefully this is the last time some prat makes the decision to send kit by road & ferry :x

drainage

Sheincar said:
I had a phone call from Planet Ice about 12.30 warning me of delay but had nothing from club & no reply at office. Not a happy bunny at all. Hopefully this is the last time some prat makes the decision to send kit by road & ferry :x
Well as of 15.55 still not had a call ! when i rang them was told Devils office open after 9am tomorrow (valuable info that!!) and someone from devils may be in at 5pm! am annoyed at the lack of concern for fans - its no ones fault but the appalling lack of co ordination or control is what has p***ed me off. As a ST holder they know where I live, who I bank with , where I sit, who I am and oh at least 2 contact numbers !!! and why they didnt ask to postpone I have no idea am fairly certain we could have stopped the panthers travelling with the amount of notice we had - unless there is some league ruling that makes us forfeit the points

kettdevil1

drainage said:
Sheincar said:
Well as of 15.55 still not had a call ! when i rang them was told Devils office open after 9am tomorrow (valuable info that!!) and someone from devils may be in at 5pm! am annoyed at the lack of concern for fans - its no ones fault but the appalling lack of co ordination or control is what has p***ed me off. As a ST holder they know where I live, who I bank with , where I sit, who I am and oh at least 2 contact numbers !!! and why they didnt ask to postpone I have no idea am fairly certain we could have stopped the panthers travelling with the amount of notice we had - unless there is some league ruling that makes us forfeit the points
Fair point, although to be fair the rink have been brilliant when I have talked to them about this.