****9PM FACE OFF****TONIGHTS GAME. IMPORTANT!!!!

Gaz G

Thread starter #1
Just had a phone call asking me to put this on here asap.

The devils kit manager is stuck in belfast as his ferry was cancelled. Tonights game may not go ahead.

A decision will be made at around 2:00pm.

Cheers.

Re: TONIGHTS GAME. IMPORTANT!!!!

I've heard that the other option is that face off may be 9pm. As I've got tickets booked to take my kids to the game I'd opt for cancellation then I can take them to a different game. If face off is that late there is no way I can take them, they are too young and have school tomorrow.

Hope a decision is made soon. Notts team and fans will be travelling and will not be happy either way.

If it was Saturday night I'd have no problems with the 9 face off....

But on a Sunday, when I have to be up at 6 for work tomorrow? No thanks...

If it's going to be any later than 7.30 hopefully they'll re-arrange.

i think if the game can be played tonight 9pm.... then it should probably be played, rather than postponing it and letting panthers travel all the way down again.

i suppose 2pm is the time that the panthers will be leaving nottingham

Scott said:

Exactly my point. Many people won't be able to go if its that late. Then you get the issue of refunds on tickets, etc. Would I get a refund on the tickets for my kids because it is too late for them and what about a refund on the game for my season ticket. If the game is just rescheduled then all tickets sold can just be used at the rearranged game.

Nitra said:
Scott said:

Exactly my point. Many people won't be able to go if its that late. Then you get the issue of refunds on tickets, etc. Would I get a refund on the tickets for my kids because it is too late for them and what about a refund on the game for my season ticket. If the game is just rescheduled then all tickets sold can just be used at the rearranged game.

but some people might not be able to make the rearranged game... TBH i dont think the devils can win whatever they do tonight.......decision that is

Ger-Devils

THIS WAS ON FACEBOOK MOMENTS AGO

"Cardiff Devils will be facing off no earlier than 8:30 this evening due to transportation problems returning from Belfast. Apologies for any incovenience to all our fans"

Ger-Devils said:
THIS WAS ON FACEBOOK MOMENTS AGO

"Cardiff Devils will be facing off no earlier than 8:30 this evening due to transportation problems returning from Belfast. Apologies for any incovenience to all our fans"

:x Please win in regulation Devils!!!

Thank God for the Inferno
Just about to jump into the car with the family, but had a quick look at the fourm first to find that the game is delayed or CANCELD,
just phone the tent maybe a 21:00 start or it will be canceld decision it 14:00
this is not good as i now have a unhappy kids and a 21:00 start is to late to travel back to Aberystwyth for school in the morning
well un happy
keith
aberystwyth
:evil:

kettdevil1

I'm assuming refunds will be offered...

Sadly a 9pm face off would mean getting home at 3am with work Monday morning.

Disappointing as I was looking forward to this one. :(

You have to ask the question why is the kit manager travelling by ferry and not flying along with the players?
If, and I suspect it is to do with the cost of the kit going by air then I feel the Devils have shot themselves in the foot with this one, as if the game does go ahead then they are likely to lose more revenue with a reduced crowd then it would have done to fly the kit in and out of Belfast

mazza03

If it's a 9pm face off neither my daughter or myself will be going and I will expect a refund. I would much prefer it to be postponed.

phil PLT said:
You have to ask the question why is the kit manager travelling by ferry and not flying along with the players?
If, and I suspect it is to do with the cost of the kit going by air then I feel the Devils have shot themselves in the foot with this one, as if the game does go ahead then they are likely to lose more revenue with a reduced crowd then it would have done to fly the kit in and out of Belfast
what a gift they would have to see in to the future and predict the weather!

whatever happens they are damed if they do and damed if they don't.

....and if you missed a flight, or got caught in a massive traffic jam, or missed a ferry, and couldn't make it to a game, would the devils still want you to buy a ticket even if you didn't turn up???? You bought a game ticket, and technically the game is still on, just later. I think it's referred to as circumstances beyond control...

It's not a perfect world....some things are unavoidable.

The tone of some people on here gives the impression that you think the club are doing these things intentionally.

I tell you what, lets triple the ticket prices and charter a private jet for the team and kit and then there won't be the inconvenience...we all miss things we want to go to, times are hard moneywise for many and I don't think anyone on here doubts that; or wouldn't agree that it would be better for face off to be at 6 and for us to win 8-0......as the rolling stones once said..."you can't always get what you want"

D.A.

august04

blk2hockeymum said:
what a gift they would have to see in to the future and predict the weather!

whatever happens they are damed if they do and damed if they don't.
I'm no meteorologist but I knew about the forthcoming storms/gales early this week!

Devils advocate said:
....and if you missed a flight, or got caught in a massive traffic jam, or missed a ferry, and couldn't make it to a game, would the devils still want you to buy a ticket even if you didn't turn up???? You bought a game ticket, and technically the game is still on, just later. I think it's referred to as circumstances beyond control...

The tone of some people on here gives the impression that you think the club are doing these things intentionally.

I tell you what, lets triple the ticket prices and charter a private jet for the team and kit and then there won't be the inconvenience...we all miss things we want to go to, times are hard moneywise for many and I don't think anyone on here doubts that; or wouldn't agree that it would be better for face off to be at 6 and for us to win 8-0......as the rolling stones once said..."you can't always get what you want"

D.A.
I heard the kit manager "MISSED" the ferry last night and not from the ferry being cancelled, who's fault is it now then?

James said:
http://www.cardiffdevils.com/newsheadline.aspx?cpid=539

8.30 now
"about 8.30". When I got to the rink last week "about 7.30" turned into 8.05, so I'm banking on it still being a 9 face-off - especially if that's what PI are telling people when they ring up. I'll be there early just in case though :)

dave hardman said:
Devils advocate said:

D.A.
I heard the kit manager "MISSED" the ferry last night and not from the ferry being cancelled, who's fault is it now then?

i KNOW that the ferry left at 10:30 and since the game didn't finish til quarter to 10, it was an almost impossible task to get to the ferry ontime! If the Giants hadn't put their faceoff back by 30 mins, then maybe he would have made it!