2021/22 Roster - Rumours/Predictions

moggy#9

Yeah if Reid or Crandall can play LW then I think that's right. EP has them down as RW only, but they're experienced guys I'm sure one of them could play LW.

There really is a mixture of youth and experience there. That first one has 30 years pro experience between them, the second line has 6. DuPont looks like he will add some toughness to the lineup too, as well as points.
Those first two lines are going to be dangerous, and that third line is going to be horrible to play against.

moggy#9

Hats off to those on here who predicted DuPont.

Time to park the Jenks surveillance van for another year.

If the team performs as well as Jenks then we’re going to clean up this year.
I look forward to jenks' analysis of this season's age, height and weight against previous devils teams. I have a suspicion that we're now slightly taller, heavier and younger.

Wannabe2

Love the look of this team, awesome time we get to go back home, and get to see a team that is going to do us proud, as always with our great organisation. 2 weeks to go guys 2weeks after a friggin life time. Seeing our great club back on the ice is amazing, but just as neat is seeing all you guys, the very heartbeat of our precious club without you wonderful people we would have a Sheffield Siesta, and bloody Neil Diamond trying to pump up the volume, don’t even go there. Stay safe all, this Red Army is ready and waiting to kick arse. Happy Hockey Days.

Mooney#16

I can see there's a bit of kick back on twitter about Myers leaving but in fairness I think Devils were in a no win situation there with the roster changes. You can't just say we should have kept him without rationalising you'd have to lose a different Brit for the spot. It's a tough call but Davies, Duggan and Waller have more years in them to take into rebuilding another core group and potential dynasty. It's a credit to Devils they have been ballsy enough to go with 3 Brit D also and no Brit back up. Sad Myers has had to be jettisoned due to the 19 player limit as he is your perfect 20th man and fourth line centre. Unfortunate as he is a top guy and proven winner that could help bond that team but I think TK has taken a longer term view and coming out of the last 18 months and the rebuild required of the club it's hard to legimately question the decision.

Hope Matthew gets the evening he deserves for his testimonial though. Plays the game the right way and always showed up to play every night.

august04 2.0

What's people's thoughts on the 13 & 6 split, one less Import, plus 2 import goalies?
I don’t think it matters at all. We have Brits like Richie and O'Connor who have been better performers than a lot of import D men over the years. Our Brit pack has additional quality and longevity now too if we look after them, which I’m sure we will. And our goaltending looks very strong on paper, with added competition to start and the ability to take one out if not performing, and replace with a quality performer. All looks good to me.

jenks33

Thread starter #834
What's people's thoughts on the 13 & 6 split, one less Import, plus 2 import goalies?
I suppose time will tell. At least we’ve got the option to add another import as the season goes on as I can’t see us releasing anybody. The salary cap might be an issue with that tho.
Skalde’s shown a lot of confidence in Batch by picking him as the 6th Dman. I know Batchy won’t be on a lot of money but the easy decision would have been to bring in an import defenceman instead of him.

Earnie

According to something I just read on BBC, TK says they all arrived yesterday.
As for the 13/6 split and two import goalies , I am not over the moon but some of our Brits are as good as an import. Time will tell.

Wannabe2

According to something I just read on BBC, TK says they all arrived yesterday.
As for the 13/6 split and two import goalies , I am not over the moon but some of our Brits are as good as an import. Time will tell.
They certainly didn’t all arrive yesterday, they were arriving today, those who travelled that is

BostonBart22

They certainly didn’t all arrive yesterday, they were arriving today, those who travelled that is
Think this is the real reason devils wont play next weekend in the tatra cup , shortage of players and maybe even a coach, shame really going into the CHL games with no games and not much practice, makes a mockery of playing CHL so early in the season.

moggy#9

Think this is the real reason devils wont play next weekend in the tatra cup , shortage of players and maybe even a coach, shame really going into the CHL games with no games and not much practice, makes a mockery of playing CHL so early in the season.
Well, to be fair most of the teams from the major leagues have been training for some time and even been playing matches. I'm certainly worried about us getting embarrassed by a situation not of our making.