2021/22 Roster - Rumours/Predictions

jenks33

Thread starter #862
The Devils need to improve their social media output this season. The content has been very poor lately.
What makes it even more surprising is you think our social media output would be a bit OTT at the moment seeing as we haven’t had a game for 18 months. It’s all a bit ‘meh’ at the moment. I could understand it more if Lordo was still here and we’d re-signed 15 players but we’ve got a new coach and pretty much a whole new squad. Let’s start getting to know these players!

Wannabe2

Think the club are probably up to their eyeballs at the moment, getting the Arena sorted, settling in players, sorting cars for players equipment etc, selling tickets sorting sponsorship. Bet it’s been non stop down the rink.

jenks33

Thread starter #865
To be fair Fie started her new job back in April!
It’s more of a surprise than a criticism. The players had a training session on Saturday, I just think in previous seasons there would have been interviews online on the Sunday or Monday. It’s not a big deal, from the outside it just looks like a bit of a lack of urgency to get the fans excited after a nightmare 18 months.

Wannabe2

Think we may see something this week, in fairness the players have only just arrived and we did get some interviews when their signing was announced. We just can’t wait after all that everyone’s been through, but it won’t be long now folks. Stay Safe All.

NathanG

Devils in the CHL Twitter:

“Just an update on Mannehim away:

We’ve just had a response from Mannehim to advise tickets won’t be on sale to away fans due to the arena capacity being cut due to Covid restrictions in Germany.”

I guess that’s the Manheim trip off the cards :( #disappointed
Very disappointed with this. I love thr CHL trips. They are amazing! Fingers crossed we can qualify for it next year ;)

jenks33

Thread starter #872
Barry Brust finally confirmed as Sheffield’s starting goalie. That could be their biggest signing of the lot as I didn’t really rate Duba. He was obviously great in the CC final but very inconsistent throughout the season. Brust being 38 years old and not playing last season would worry me a bit but his stats in Slovakia were outstanding in 2019/20.

Devil94

Sheffield right behind. Could very well be no vaccinations or negative test no entry.
Would not at all be against this for Devils games. Should give some fans who are slightly apprehensive of going a bit more confidence and ease of mind.
As there was no mention of it in the CHL booking process I cant see it being implemented by next week, but it might be a league wide requirement by end of September.

Last edited:

august04 2.0

It’ll be interesting to see the Devils policy on face masks, given the differences between the Welsh government and England. I have a feeling that we may have to wear them at all times within the arena. I’m OK with that by the way on a short term basis, if it means a full capacity in IAW.

moggy#9

The restrictions are not quite as far as I thought they would take it. I'll still be going but I can see how some might be slightly uneasy and choose not to go.
Personally I think they should have insisted on people being vaccinated. I'd normally go to the chl games, but my family weren't comfortable about it and these measures seem to be minimal. I think I'm going to wait before going to some games until I'm happy that the rules are proving adequate and are actually being properly enforced.