2017/2018 Rumours & Offseason nonsense

d20

I think its Hotham thats why the delay on his announcement,he possibly has agreed with the devils but if anything was to come up in another league he fancied he would be free to talk which the club have always said they want players to do,if it was Joey it would be a huge blow at this time of the season but reading Simms' tweet where he says how much he would love it to happen ,I thInk he would the devils rather lose Joey than Andrew unless hes saying it more to the point of our league supplying someone straight from our league to the DEL.

Ocko

If Hotham has signed for a DEL team then he has backed out of contract he had with us. A number of things are already in place for his return.

And after 3 years with us I'd like to think he's better than bailing less than 3 weeks before he was due to arrive.

d20

Exactly ,must be someone that Simms would love to see the Devils lose so it has to be Hotham or Joey ,if a big deal has been put in front of one of them you cant blame them,Lord has always said they would never stop players moving on to better themselves regardless if contracts are put in place if they both have verbally agreed prior to it happening then between them that if a deal happens theyre both fine with it.
Will be interesting to see who it is as Simms unfortunately loves to put out business of other clus .

Joey's already signed to come back to us this season, no? So if he were to go to a DEL team, as disappointing that would be from a Devils perspective, the club could in theory negotiate a transfer fee to compensate for the fact that he has already put pen to paper with us. From those in the know, is there a precedent of that happening with clubs in this league and those from a league that has a higher prestige?

Obviously I'd be gutted to see someone of Joey's calibre, skill and importance go in such circumstances, but if the worst were to happen then at least there's something positive for the club to come out of it...?

Have Hope#35

This was only 24hrs ago... It doesn't sound like Marty has any plans to go anywhere to me (6mins 10):
Pretty sure it'll be A.Hotham based on his response to the question about whether he may be back!

JD said there was some news (not signing related) that was due to be announced, subject to TK allowing it.... maybe that's what Simms is talking about and maybe it's something good for the league.... hopefully it's referee related lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d20

I dont think our club would get in the way of a player leaving other than trying to get another player in quick ,Andrew Lord has always said players can move on and they would be happy for it to happen,maybe a deal has come about for whatever player it is and its to big to turn down for them,I cant see it being Joey as he is also face of Bauer UK so has a good deal but you just never know , I dont think a transfer fee would come into it it would just get cancelled .

Have Hope#35

Last edited:

d20

JD said there was some news (not signing related) that was due to be announced, subject to TK allowing it.... maybe that's what Simms is talking about and maybe it's something good for the league.... hopefully it's referee related lol

cant see it as he mentions Wales so its coming out of our club

Devil94

Devil_Abroad

If Hotham has signed for a DEL team then he has backed out of contract he had with us. A number of things are already in place for his return.

And after 3 years with us I'd like to think he's better than bailing less than 3 weeks before he was due to arrive.
This is just wrong

The organisation would never stop a player improving himself and go further by encouraging it.

Though it would be a huge loss he would go with everyone's blessing

Devil_Abroad

Joey's already signed to come back to us this season, no? So if he were to go to a DEL team, as disappointing that would be from a Devils perspective, the club could in theory negotiate a transfer fee to compensate for the fact that he has already put pen to paper with us. From those in the know, is there a precedent of that happening with clubs in this league and those from a league that has a higher prestige?

Obviously I'd be gutted to see someone of Joey's calibre, skill and importance go in such circumstances, but if the worst were to happen then at least there's something positive for the club to come out of it...?
No

Hockey is not like football

d20

Think this was the same as last year they knew Hotham may leave for another league so he was given time to decide on his future as he knew he had a deal with us ,think this has been along the same lines this year,any news on the team.