2015/2016 Rumour & Offseason Random Shenanigans

pjj365

There is much here that I would agree with - even differing views at the same time.

But let me throw something else in the pot - integrated leagues With promotion to EIHL this would expose many Brits to high level hockey and brihg them more to the attention of EIHL coaches

Yes there are issues with stadium sizes (a Rugby Union issue) and financial viabilty - whether sponsorship, gates or owners

This can be overcome if EIHL want it - the football league have mechanisms in place to address this as do Rugby Union

Trouble is EIHL is a franchise based structure where owners good will in this context should not be assumed and in their context would be counter productive to their investment

But to be embedded in the UK physic something like this is needed to grow the support - and the gates!

James

Administrator
Re: 2015/2016 Rumour & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Can it be overcome though? The problem in the UK is lack of venues of sufficient size. The issue is always do the team have a rink capable of supporting Elite league hockey. Many epl rinks wouldn't be viable.

rolf

Budgie said:
I did see Mark Smith running down the Bay this afternoon, but that's not a rumour or a surprise :oops:
Correct. You sure did. He is training for the London marathon which he will be running for our local tenovus cancer charity.
If any would like to donate, you can do so at the following:.

uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/SmithElworthy

Thanks very much if you can

Re: Confirmed Signings - All teams 2015/16

Doucet is not joining us. Lord culligan martin morisette Myers batch bowns Richardson Jones are all back.

A few changes to the d will be made along with 3 or 4 forwards possibly

Gaz G

Re: Confirmed Signings - All teams 2015/16

Devilsdude4 said:
Doucet is not joining us. Lord culligan martin morisette Myers batch bowns Richardson Jones are all back.

A few changes to the d will be made along with 3 or 4 forwards possibly
How do you know this?