2015/2016 Rumour & Offseason Random Shenanigans

jenks33

Tad-cu said:
Chris Blight
Always worth at least one point per game.
I'd be shocked to see Blight back in a Devils Jersey. Good player and a lovely guy but i'm sure Lord will be looking at other players to take us on to that next level

Sheincar

jenks33 said:
Tad-cu said:
Chris Blight
Always worth at least one point per game.
I'd be shocked to see Blight back in a Devils Jersey. Good player and a lovely guy but i'm sure Lord will be looking at other players to take us on to that next level
Might depend what sort of GB tournament he has.

DevilDom

KaneDevils said:
Chris Blight would be a step backwards.
No offence either, had a very good spell with us, but whats done is done so to speak.
Agree with this and I would add that Blight appears to be one of those players who when the going gets tough he gets injured. He missed a lot of games this season for Dundee and quite a few the season before with us. Not for me thanks.

Temme

Dan Bakala rumoured to be leaving his Swedish club.

I wonder if Belfast or Nottingham can drag him back into the league.

wildthing74

Pretty harsh on Blighter! As a GB international now and I'm guessing under the new rules that would make him eligible as a UK passport holder which I'm pretty sure he is.I think he won't be short of offers in better teams than he had to play on this year especially if he has a good tournament.
I really hope he does and I would have him back in Cardiff.

I hate this new import limit going up to 14 in a year as Brit kids won't get a sniff and will hurt the National team. Having a few reclassified guys will be great and make GB stronger but I hope they get the balance right and don't end up with 4-5 Brits and rest guys looking to cash in.

wildthing74 said:
Pretty harsh on Blighter! As a GB international now and I'm guessing under the new rules that would make him eligible as a UK passport holder which I'm pretty sure he is.I think he won't be short of offers in better teams than he had to play on this year especially if he has a good tournament.
I really hope he does and I would have him back in Cardiff.

I hate this new import limit going up to 14 in a year as Brit kids won't get a sniff and will hurt the National team. Having a few reclassified guys will be great and make GB stronger but I hope they get the balance right and don't end up with 4-5 Brits and rest guys looking to cash in.
If that's right sign him up now, he was superb at setting up Mac .Think he might strike up a good partnership with Walton. He loves the City and is head and shoulders better than Ben, who some would have back.

ASHIPP

Temme said:
Is Gerad Adams safe at Sheffield?

Reading this, does anyone else get the impression that G is on his way out?

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/ice-hock ... -1-7197135
Cant be good for the morale of the club personnel reading this.

Sounds like Smith acknowledges that a more exciting style of hockey could bring allsorts of sucess to a club or their organisation lost some money (and maybe some of its fanbase)
last season....must have been all those orange balloons at the CC final!

Mooney#16

I'm afraid Tony Smith is simply a stereotypical Steeler fan. He has zero hockey sense or urge to be part of a larger growth of the sport in the country. He's a business man but only acts to his own and Steelers interests. I have a fundamental dislike of the Steelers in that for all their success they contribute zero to the sport in the UK. There links to junior development are embarrassing and the no of Sheffield kids given chances within there ranks is criminal for a city with the facilities they have. It's pure greed and ego. Steelers do not and will not win everything Tony. If your fanbase is a fickle as you then you deserve your business to be so financially exposed. Enjoy the CHL Tony!

I do however Hope Todd is going into bat lobbying about these import rules as they are going to strangle the sport once again in this country if the clubs are allowed to carry on down this path unchallenged. I've no idea but I'd hazard Todd has potentially had a step shift in mentality on this from Belfast to here as if he and the owners get ownership of the rink a growing root and branch sport is far better for business not just a top heavy A league doomed to boom and bust.