2015/2016 Rumour & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Mooney#16

If that move comes of it would be for one reason and that would be the import number going up. Sheffield are clearly going to try and go four lines as they signed Ferrera and have the CHL to do so might want to spread the imports to all four lines. Kind of makes sense if it does happen but a big loss to the Devils. Who knows? Could see it happening.

jenks33

I can't see Steelers or Panthers signing Bowns. They always strike me as two clubs that would never rely on a British goalie, No matter how good he is. I could see him going to Belfast or Braehead though.
I think Bowns is genuinely happy in Cardiff though so unless its another european league or Lord wants a new goalie then i'll be surprised to see him go.
And like a couple of people have said, that tweet might be nothing to do with Ben and he's staying in Cardiff :)

Have Hope#35

Sam Johns said:
Ben bowns' mother just tweeted this?!?

"@jcb2705: Just had an interesting conversation, could be all change come September #differentscenerymeetnewpeople :)/:("
Doesn't his Mother live away? Maybe she's moving to Cardiff?

wildthing74

BostonBart22 said:
thought bowns had a 2 year deal with devils, wonder if mum is looking after his intrests by tweeting rumours to get him more money from the devils. :eek:
If you knew his mum that's the last thing she would do. I think people should not draw conclusions to what could be an innocent tweet.

Have Hope#35

wildthing74 said:
BostonBart22 said:
thought bowns had a 2 year deal with devils, wonder if mum is looking after his intrests by tweeting rumours to get him more money from the devils. :eek:
If you knew his mum that's the last thing she would do. I think people should not draw conclusions to what could be an innocent tweet.
Especially as he came to us last year on the back of better offers elsewhere... Or so I believe!?

Have Hope#35 said:
Sam Johns said:

"@jcb2705: Just had an interesting conversation, could be all change come September #differentscenerymeetnewpeople :)/:("
I with you, she might be tweeting about her own life, not necessarily that of her son...

Wannabe2

I reckon Bownsy like others would like to finish off what they came so close to last season, he loves Cardiff, mind you who don't. I think the Bownsy wave will be a regular event next season. That's just my take on it.

zoesdevil

Have Hope#35 said:
Sam Johns said:

Was just thinking the exact same thing pal!!

Sliput

Wannabe2 said:
I reckon Bownsy like others would like to finish off what they came so close to last season, he loves Cardiff, mind you who don't. I think the Bownsy wave will be a regular event next season. That's just my take on it.
I agree. Especially after some fans at the start of the season said he was not good enough and should go elsewhere to improve his game and then come back to us in a couple of years.

wildthing74

The import limit increasing could cause problems for guys like Bownsy but I would be expecting the club to tie likes of him and Richie to multi year deals.I would build the team around them as imports are 10 a penny Bowns,Richie,Myers & Batch are almost impossible to replace with the pool of players being so small and most already tied up at other clubs.

I know it's the season to speculate especially as we have no confirmed signings but I would put money on anybody the club wants back will be back.We are the most progressive club in EIHL and in the better conference.The days of us being 2nd best are over.

Foxy said:
Apparently tweet has now been removed
It has, yeah. I'm hoping it's a personal tweet rather than something related to Ben, however the mention of ''September'' and the tweet after saying that they'd spoken to them all in Holland is rather worrying. Guess we're in for a rollercoaster summer! :RAWK

wildthing74 said:
We are the most progressive club in EIHL and in the better conference.The days of us being 2nd best are over.
What makes you believe you are the most progressive?

No doubt you will be a bigger force over the coming years and one that others can't take lightly. But, the EIHL is the most competitive it's ever been now. Don't take other clubs lightly either...

Gazza272

robbo2306 said:
wildthing74 said:
We are the most progressive club in EIHL and in the better conference.The days of us being 2nd best are over.

No doubt you will be a bigger force over the coming years and one that others can't take lightly. But, the EIHL is the most competitive it's ever been now. Don't take other clubs lightly either...

Newest facility on the Horizon, with the brightest young coach in the league for starters. A franchise building on a trophy success last season aiming to build on its rich history of yesteryear with the highest increase of crowd % with more capacity to come.

Add in to that some very enthusiastic and fresh owners building themselves a great rep of looking after players.

wildthing74

Gazza272 said:
robbo2306 said:
wildthing74 said:

Newest facility on the Horizon, with the brightest young coach in the league for starters. A franchise building on a trophy success last season aiming to build on its rich history of yesteryear with the highest increase of crowd % with more capacity to come.

Add in to that some very enthusiastic and fresh owners building themselves a great rep of looking after players.
How's that for starters Robbo?