2015/2016 Rumour & Offseason Random Shenanigans

kettdevil1

TommyDevil13 said:
If you were Hotham, would you really have waited this long to sign with a team? He bossed the EIHL last year, and put up stellar numbers. If he was leaving for another team in the league, we'd know it by now, and if he'd signed in Europe, I think we'd know that too. Which means that he's either not got a team yet (which seems very unlikely), or he's locked up already for the Devils.

I'm therefore pretty confident that he's signed.
Pretty much sums it up for me...... Hopefully we are right.

drainage

TommyDevil13 said:
If you were Hotham, would you really have waited this long to sign with a team? He bossed the EIHL last year, and put up stellar numbers. If he was leaving for another team in the league, we'd know it by now, and if he'd signed in Europe, I think we'd know that too. Which means that he's either not got a team yet (which seems very unlikely), or he's locked up already for the Devils.

I'm therefore pretty confident that he's signed.
Exactly what I have said - if another team had him why wait this long to say so ? What gain would they have in delaying announcement? In fact some of the teams would love to have ability to rejoice had we lost him to them !!!!

In this case am thinking no news is good news ..........fingers crossed !!!

ASHIPP

The late signing and late announcement of players to different clubs happens in every league every season. The fact that Andrew has not been announced by the Devils or any other team is normal if a player takes his time to decide what he wants to do. We are all hoping our wishes come true on this one.

SteveKing said:
I'm still here, folks. I've been too busy booking my next to trips to Cardiff! I'm coming on September 17th just for the weekend and then again with the whole family at Christmas.

I've enjoyed the chatter about team makeup and potential signings. Disappointed to see that nobody yet has correctly predicted the new signings. I would have to think that Todd would release the last few names pretty shortly but I haven't heard myself. There will be a tremendous blend of size, skill, speed and tenacity in the last few signings but as you've all been pointing out, our team as announced is already plenty tough so the emphasis will be on speed and skill especially as we prepare to be a large ice team midway through the season.

On a separate note, Mr. Bownsy arrived at my house last night and will begin his full day sessions with David Marcoux tomorrow. David is the Carolina Hurricanes goalie coach and formerly was the coach for Miikka Kiprusoff here in Calgary. Should be a great experience for Ben. I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers,

Steve
Hi Steve, its fantastic to hear about Bownsey getting this opportunity. Couldnt ask for a better tutor than that. If Ben can pick up some of Kiprusoffs traits we'll be happy. Really keen to hear how it goes.

SteveKing

Hi Steve, its fantastic to hear about Bownsey getting this opportunity. Couldnt ask for a better tutor than that. If Ben can pick up some of Kiprusoffs traits we'll be happy. Really keen to hear how it goes.

I think that Ben has been picking up some fantastic advice from Mr. Marcoux as well as some of the other goalies that have been on the ice with him (including Stanley Cup winner Cam Ward). Ben is technically very strong for a goalie that has not had much training so it is a lot of the fine details that he has been working on. Ben is such a keen student of the game and of his position that he is been very excited at the end of each day.

Now my two boys want to get out on the ice with him and put him to the test!

Thanks for the feedback Steve. I bet Ben is pinching himself being in such exemplary company. Not only will the Devils benefit from this extra coaching but so to will GB. Another big thank you from the Red Army!!

Sheincar

Bails77 said:
Thanks for the feedback Steve. I bet Ben is pinching himself being in such exemplary company. Not only will the Devils benefit from this extra coaching but so to will GB. Another big thank you from the Red Army!!
So too will the goalies that Ben coaches here.

mazza03

SteveKing said:

I think that Ben has been picking up some fantastic advice from Mr. Marcoux as well as some of the other goalies that have been on the ice with him (including Stanley Cup winner Cam Ward). Ben is technically very strong for a goalie that has not had much training so it is a lot of the fine details that he has been working on. Ben is such a keen student of the game and of his position that he is been very excited at the end of each day.

Now my two boys want to get out on the ice with him and put him to the test!
It's so good to have owners that not only care but help as well. Can't wait for the new season. :Banana :Banana :Banana

Devil94

Would imagine so. Every signing left to be made, be it 1 or 2, will be made by Friday the 14th I would have thought. Meaning possibly one tomorrow/friday and one midweek next week..?

So when do people think the final announcement will be made? I'm confident that it is going to be Hotham just wondering when they will announce him. (I really hope it is Hotham)

Ejercito Rojas said:
Think it's pretty much nailed on that Hotham has signed. Expect announcement next week!
Ye that's my thoughts as well if it wasn't going to be Hotham I think they would have announced it by now and not left it till last as they know that there would be some disappointed fans and that's not what you want from your list signing.

Sorry all I may be being slow here and this may not be the place to post this but what is the champions series? Coventry have just tweeted saying tickets go on sale for it tomorrow and the poster shows Coventry, Nottingham, Cardiff and Telford???

Sheincar

Tinkyadrian said:
Sorry all I may be being slow here and this may not be the place to post this but what is the champions series? Coventry have just tweeted saying tickets go on sale for it tomorrow and the poster shows Coventry, Nottingham, Cardiff and Telford???
I suspect they mean that their next fixtures are all with champions rather than a new trophy.