2015/2016 Rumour & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Have Hope#35

douchen91 said:
voth26 said:
douchen91 said:
Think the line up could look like this. What a team that is, roll on next season theres bags of goals in this team!!

Kurka Martin Doucet
Walters Lord Morrisette
Haddad Hervato Walton
CJ Piggott (spare)

(Import) - Richie
Hudson - Marsh
Batch - Hendo

Bownsy
Will
Who's Walters?? Unless you meant Salters?
My bad, Salters I meant. Autocorrect trying to be smart... I'm surprised people are thinking of Culligan just as a spare... He was one of my favourite players to watch last season - he never gives up on the puck, covered on D for a long time and scored some memorable goals (THAT goal at home against Giants, CC final GWG..)
But he's injured... As a spare he can get back to full fitness in his own time without making anything worse! I 'heard' a couple of months ago that we were looking at Oct at the earliest for Culligan to be fit, by that time I'm sure we'll need him! As I believe Wildthing said... If he were 100% fit now, he'd almost definitely be in the starting roster!

My bad, Salters I meant. Autocorrect trying to be smart... I'm surprised people are thinking of Culligan just as a spare... He was one of my favourite players to watch last season - he never gives up on the puck, covered on D for a long time and scored some memorable goals (THAT goal at home against Giants, CC final GWG..)
But he's injured... As a spare he can get back to full fitness in his own time without making anything worse! I 'heard' a couple of months ago that we were looking at Oct at the earliest for Culligan to be fit, by that time I'm sure we'll need him! As I believe Wildthing said... If he were 100% fit now, he'd almost definitely be in the starting roster!
Fair enough, I wasn't aware of the seriousness of his injury. Well I for one really hope he 're-signs as a devil.

ASHIPP

It makes absolute sense that the Club would give a player time to recover properly without pressure especially as Culli is rumoured to be in the long term plans for the Club. He may even be the final MBA package player whilst he is recovering.

Don't think the concept of a 'spare' import exists as such in their thinking. The Club has learnt a lesson from last year that player fatigue and injury were major factors in maintaining consistency and stamina. Culli is one of the best young 2-way forwards seen in this league. He can easily slot into several positions in games where players need resting or are injured. Am sure Lordo will operate a rotational system in the right way this season.

mweller said:
I really liked Culli, and would have had him back straight away, but I think the last two signings make it less likely he'll resign. I think we'll need that (slightly mythical) NHL enforcer. They wouldn't be a spare then, but rather an alternate on each line. If you take Kurka, Mo and Walton out of their respective, predicted lines and swap in Mr Tough then each of those lines is transformed. They become hard, confrontational lines which can turn a game if we are being bullied. I don't think Culli will add this dimension to the team.
Which means he will undoubtedly sign next week :)
You mean to say he hasn't already ;) I think this squad is done and dusted but just not fully announced. Culli I'm sure is one of them and I'm really hoping Hotham is the other.

Devil_Abroad

Re: 2015/2016 Rumour & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Steve, we're all assuming (most) that Hoth and Cully are back - please let Dave know so we can relax for the next 3 weeks [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveKing

Devil_Abroad said:
Steve, we're all assuming (most) that Hoth and Cully are back - please let Dave know so we can relax for the next 3 weeks [emoji3]

Now why choose this as the time to stop messing with everyone's heads?!

zoesdevil

SteveKing said:
Devil_Abroad said:

If only there was a like button!! :lol:

Assuming Culligan signs he would be very useful as the 'spare' import when he is fully fit, he is a quality two way player.

For me though I would still like to see a big presence AHL winger added to this skillful roster.........Please :)

Mooney#16

SteveKing said:
Devil_Abroad said:

Because you've already told everyone your travel plans to Cardiff and they'll be a long queue at the bar of people who will only accept a drink as an apology. Just saying this is Cardiffians you're dealing with. Beer is currency in these parts.

Devil_Abroad

zoesdevil said:
SteveKing said:
Devil_Abroad said:

If only there was a like button!! :lol:
+1

Devil_Abroad

Mooney#16 said:
SteveKing said:
Devil_Abroad said:

Because you've already told everyone your travel plans to Cardiff and they'll be a long queue at the bar of people who will only accept a drink as an apology. Just saying this is Cardiffians you're dealing with. Beer is currency in these parts.
however, 2 of us will be in Calgary from 22nd to 25th Sept! Keg steak will do [emoji3]

Devil_Abroad

Yes,one D (Hotham), one spare (Culligan so he can fully recover from injury) [emoji3]

Earnie said:
Tonight's story in Wales on Line ( Wednesday) states one more D to be signed.
That may or may not be Hotham. To me that implies no Culligan?
Further on down the story it also says this
"Forwards (two more import signings to come): Andrew Lord (import), Jake Morissette (import), Joey Martin (import), Guillaume Doucet (import), Luke Piggott, Chris Jones, Brent Walton (import), Joey Haddad (import), Leigh Salters (import), Tomas Kurka (import), Zach Hervato (import)" :eek: :lol: :lol:
So I wouldn't read too much into that.

If you were Hotham, would you really have waited this long to sign with a team? He bossed the EIHL last year, and put up stellar numbers. If he was leaving for another team in the league, we'd know it by now, and if he'd signed in Europe, I think we'd know that too. Which means that he's either not got a team yet (which seems very unlikely), or he's locked up already for the Devils.

I'm therefore pretty confident that he's signed.