2014/2015 Player movement rumours

Re: 2014/2015 Rumour Thread of doom!

I can't see Conboy coming back, one main factor is that he posted on twitter that his girlfriend is expecting a baby so that would just as the season starts roughly. He will want to stay close to home I'm sure.

D

Deleted member 1337

Tad# said:
Really? He cost you loads with his poor attitude.
^^ I agree. I don't think that its worth risking bringing him back at all, he is and will remain a marked man throughout the league.

voth26

elliswf said:
Tad# said:
^^ I agree. I don't think that its worth risking bringing him back at all, he is and will remain a marked man throughout the league.
So was vother and he managed to change his aggressive style to suit the league and towards the end his pm's went down but he still hit the crap out of players and was intimidating but was more selective in his hits and checks

This may have well been said elsewhere but I heard Quiney isn't coming back, going to play one of the lower leagues and also has a job outside hockey lined up apparently.

Also heard there was some kind of meal or get together last Friday with Pope and Ragan for the team, and only 3-4 players showed up - Faulkner, Kurka, Quiney and someone else.

No-one wanted to spend time with Ragan or Pope it seems.

Final piece I heard (all second hand info so who knows how true), that Faulkner would've come back next year had it not been for how the club treated Blight, who begged to stay before being let go as he has a girlfriend down here. Faulkner wasn't happy and even put in a request for blight to stay that fell on deaf ears.

Gohabsgo said:
This may have well been said elsewhere but I heard Quiney isn't coming back, going to play one of the lower leagues and also has a job outside hockey lined up apparently.

Also heard there was some kind of meal or get together last Friday with Pope and Ragan for the team, and only 3-4 players showed up - Faulkner, Kurka, Quiney and someone else.

Final piece I heard (all second hand info so who knows how true), that Faulkner would've come back next year had it not been for how the club treated Blight, who begged to stay before being let go as he has a girlfriend down here. Faulkner wasn't happy and even put in a request for blight to stay that fell on deaf ears.
Don't know who you heard Faulkner stuff about but that's balls as he was never coming back at all in the first place

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sheincar

devils2001uk said:
Gohabsgo said:

Don't know who you heard Faulkner stuff about but that's balls as he was never coming back at all in the first place

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Language!!

elliswf said:
Tad# said:
Unfair to say conboy had a bad attitude. Headbutt aside he couldn't do anything without the refs freaking out...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

D

Deleted member 1337

danhall76 said:
elliswf said:
Tad# said:
Unfair to say conboy had a bad attitude. Headbutt aside he couldn't do anything without the refs freaking out...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
None the less, he is and will remain a marked man throughout the league.
Casting my mind back, he was a decent player, however as you have said, the refs did and will continue to freak out over what he did or would have done(however innocent he was or legal the event was)

ASHIPP

Gohabsgo said:

Yet more negative rumour and speculation to give the fans something positive to focus on! Why cant we just accept that players will not be returning ....without having to embellish it with even more apparent incidents.

Slartibartfast

Good to see in the inferno interview that Whistle recognises the contribution made by Tyson Marsh and the Brits and wants them all back

the devils got to start from fresh and build from the back , a good netminder , and good physical defence and then forwards that can score us goals !!!!

ASHIPP

Simmsey tweeting Matthew Myers is a target for Telford Tigers. Are they joining Elite League then?

Skippy

ASHIPP said:
Simmsey tweeting Matthew Myers is a target for Telford Tigers. Are they joining Elite League then?

Been told they have a plan in place to step up the Elite not this season coming but the next (so the same time as the London club ?) and are targeting some / one Elitle level players / player now to help them make the transition.

Matt Myers was the target it was suggested they wanted.

No idea if its true but its doing the rounds.

Ocko

Telford in the EIHL? :lol: I take it you've never been to their rink! It's one of the worst in the EPL let alone EIHL. The capacity of their rink is less than 900 with no way of expanding.

They have an owner with money, yes definitely but that doesn't mean they are going to become the Chelsea or Man City of the hockey world. Guildford have had the richest owner in the UK for years and have never even been close (or dominated the EPL). Telford haven't spent crazy money so far and some of my mates in the set up there have been told not to expect an influx of money or players.

The team that will join the same time as the London team will be Milton Keynes IMO. They are pretty much rebuilding their rink and will have a capacity somewhere in the region of 2500. It will be ready just after the beginning of next season.

kettdevil1

Ocko said:
Telford in the EIHL? :lol: I take it you've never been to their rink! It's one of the worst in the EPL let alone EIHL. The capacity of their rink is less than 900 with no way of expanding.

They have an owner with money, yes definitely but that doesn't mean they are going to become the Chelsea or Man City of the hockey world. Guildford have had the richest owner in the UK for years and have never even been close (or dominated the EPL). Telford haven't spent crazy money so far and some of my mates in the set up there have been told not to expect an influx of money or players.

The team that will join the same time as the London team will be Milton Keynes IMO. They are pretty much rebuilding their rink and will have a capacity somewhere in the region of 2500. It will be ready just after the beginning of next season.
Is that right? I haven't been since the refurbishment but beforehand the capacity was 2,500 with 2,300 of those being seats...more than enough as long as you can get the fans in...

Backward step if they have cut the capacity by such a large amount.