2014/2015 Player movement rumours

Rempel16

Re: 2014/2015 Rumour Thread of doom!

But your post implied that it was just in Cardiff that contracts mean nothing, which is incorrect as generally contracts mean nothing through hockey (unless you're an NHLer)

No need to have another sweep at the club when the post content doesn't just apply to the club.

Anyway,
I heard Marsh is starting a course in Swansea, which could be positive for us...

noodlesboy said:
Didn't Myers sign on a two year contract anyway? He should be here next season
His wife has a teaching job here and they have bought a house which they are doing up so you would think he would stay but we will just have to wait and see.

Mooney#16

It's not all bad. At least the Devils are now starting their last season in the worst thing to ever happen to hockey in Cardiff and that is the BBT. That rink has sucked the life and identity out of the Cardiff Devils and when it's gone I for one couldn't be happier. The Devils and the greater hockey community has been treated with distain by Cardiff Council for a prolonged period of time and if this season marks the end of this sorry history it can't come soon enough. Whatever the political polarisations and arguments are I honestly hope people find middle ground to lay these to rest over the next twelve months as if one person brings baggage with them into the new arena and harms the new dawn this represents well in all honesty they should walk from hockey. Frankly I would rather a statement from Paul Ragan saying the Devils are going to financially consolidate next year with a view to building team identity, moral, chemistry and systems heading into the new arena then anything else. Two things they desperately need. Speed and speed. Speed of puck recycle and transition. Speed of puck movement and shot release. If guys can't play in that system they go. Be it European or North American give me a team with serious wheels that get the puck Defence to offence and in a hurry and get a damn trigger man to end the rushes.

The results prove that certain individuals know diddly squat about running a sports club, hopefully those people will learn from it and change their methods and opinions, its been obvious that poor decisions get reflected onto the team and the ice.
As for moving onwards and upwards the new rink is a plus and hopefully Whistle will be allowed to build his team in the off season, use this situation as a challenge and build a strong squad whatever the cost is be it big or small improve the situation. If Whistle is allowed to, I believe he has the talent to do it, although I fear Ragan and Pope will not.

The 2 people that need to be placed on "Capability" cannot be, Cardiff Devils Achilles heal.

Mooney#16

Whilst I think it obvious that the Devils missing the play offs is a banner for Ragan and Brent's critics I think no one would have wanted this outcome. That's a very proud record just gone. I would hope its a wake up call for everyone. The ownership/management has been humbled and I hope some of the ego has been dented so they acknowledge what they have to change personally and organisationally namely letting the on ice expertise do the job they are paid for without micro management and panic decision making. The players want to just do the job so having a club shrouded in uncertainty is the most destabilising thing. However the players have to pony up as pros and admit that has not been a team unit all season. Whatever was wrong with it that was not a team. A group of individuals of talent and potential yes. But a team no. They have failed to form a good enough working unit and in so doing failed in their sporting endeavours. The fans. Easier said than done but if you want Paul and Brent to butt out. You have to also. Some people are to close and to vocal. They screwed up but the vitriol didn't exactly swing the momentum for the better. Will Ragan sell. I doubt it. Will Greenbank let him in. Probably. If you can't achieve the goals you desire for change because being honest people are stubborn especially ego driven business men I think people need to address in the off season what their going forward position will be. If the energy and passion spent upset at the management was channelled into a positive direction the club alongside moving into a new arena could recapture former glories with a full and unified fan base behind it. The club was the best because the players knew what they were playing for. A city, a fan base and an identity. This season all three of those seemed deeply disconnected from the squad and hence failure.

Devil94

CrazySquish said:
Davies to Steelers
Mirasty to Devils
Smith to Clan
Some Slovaks no one knows about to Caps
There's been talk on here about Mirasty a few times in previous seasons. Is that just some fans hoping he'll come, or has there been a real link with him and the club?

Ocko

Mirasty would be a complete waste for this league, the league wouldnt know what to do with him. Moray Hanson would be asking for a pay rise if he had signed such would be the extra workload. I also dont think he is the sort of player Whis would go for, he likes quick players and Mirasty certainly isnt that.

Ocko said:
Mirasty would be a complete waste for this league, the league wouldnt know what to do with him. Moray Hanson would be asking for a pay rise if he had signed such would be the extra workload. I also dont think he is the sort of player Whis would go for, he likes quick players and Mirasty certainly isnt that.
I hope we do have strong physical player next year though, we need it and Whis has had that at other teams in the past

Ocko

CrazySquish said:
Ocko said:
I hope we do have strong physical player next year though, we need it and Whis has had that at other teams in the past
Except at the Devils! :lol:

Temme

CrazySquish said:
Ocko said:

I agree totally, we got bullied a fair bit this year (i felt...)

I think Plumton does a super job doing what he does, but he does need someone like Conboy playing the main enforcer role in front of him so that he can agitate further without being made into dropping the gloves every time against somewhat bigger guys!