2012/13 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

Skippy

Finnerty looking in Italy it seems

Finnerty has been scouting in Italy, running the rule over Val Pusteria HC forwards David Ling, Joe Jensen and Joe Cullen.

He was also taken with Canadian defenceman Matt Kelly - the side’s captain and inspiration...and therefore a player, in reality, he would struggle to sign.

Finnerty said: “The Italian League is a good one and I got a lot out of seeing three games in four nights. Kelly was unbelievable, but whether we could get him over here is a different matter.

“The trip a one off chance to see players that have been recommended. Normally you have to take the word of others in the game on new players. This was a chance to see some guys with my own eyes.

“There were a couple of players we may have took a chance on if I hadn’t been abroad but now that won’t happen. There was also a couple of other players that are now on our radar that weren’t mentioned to us. There will be many changes in Sheffield. I was unhappy how we ended the year and learned a lot in that last month. If we have to fully rebuild then so be it.”

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/ice-hock ... -1-4431547

I do love this thread!

From what I've heard big deal gone out to richie to stay.
Deal gone out to Frank, stu, Kenton, but not to Mark smith.
Osaer interested in a return. He hasn't re-signed to the team in Norway he's been playing for so fingers crossed.

Gazza272

Osaer on Twitter:

I am really looking forward to putting on my @cardiffdevils jersey in September! Really excited to be back. #winitall2013

Guess he blew the announcement tomorrow then :lol:

TheStub

Thread starter #92
Still could be Batchy tomorrow. Wasn't there talk of him doing a college or uni course down Cardiff way?

Josh signed for 3 years would be great - and would see us with a top Brit secured until the new building (and hopefully increased spending) comes good.

Loving the thread guys, but can't see Galbraith or Krestonavich playing for any other team in the EIHL but Braehead next season once Bannister is signed on again.

I don't know if this means Stuuu is gone but he tweeted an hour ago this "Packing up,would like to thank all my teammates, and fans for a wonderful year in Cardiff it was a pleasure."

It just means he's heading home as the season is over. He he definitely wasn't back I'd have expected him to say thank you for the two years in Cardiff.

clanfandoug said:
Loving the thread guys, but can't see Galbraith or Krestonavich playing for any other team in the EIHL but Braehead next season once Bannister is signed on again.
I would have Jade in a Giants jersey, once again he proved he is one of the best attacking players in the league.