2012/13 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

Wannabe2

Gazza272 said:
Wannabe2 said:
[q
Sorry mate but it dont, then again laziness and not being bothered dont cut it with me. Sorry about that.

Well i'm pretty sure I did explain my opinion which is what you asked me to do, but hey ho. we'll agree to disagree.
In another thread you talk about Gusto, come on thats one thing you wont get from Pierce.

Gazza:

I have countered your point. Piggot, Davies and Harding impressed you, they are all forwards. Pierce was a non entity.
Those Brits impressed you because they worked damn hard and worked for the team. Pierce didn't do that.
You keep saying it's because of the type of player he is, yeah lazy, he's an individual. Individuals are not suited to the
Devils criteria.
In another thread, but the same game, you say apart from a few hits Phill Hill was annonymous? Yet you condone Pierce,
your making little sense mate to be honest. It'l be interesting to see if G has him back next season. I bet he won't.
It doesn't matter what type of player you are, you can still graft !!!!

Gazza272

BeatBox said:
Gazza:

I have countered your point. Piggot, Davies and Harding impressed you, they are all forwards. Pierce was a non entity.
Those Brits impressed you because they worked damn hard and worked for the team. Pierce didn't do that.
You keep saying it's because of the type of player he is, yeah lazy, he's an individual. Individuals are not suited to the
Devils criteria.
In another thread, but the same game, you say apart from a few hits Phill Hill was annonymous? Yet you condone Pierce,
your making little sense mate to be honest. It'l be interesting to see if G has him back next season. I bet he won't.

They did impress me but they have no bearing on my opinion of Pierce. For a start none of them play on the same line as him. Piggot drove to the net and Davies did well in the corners and generally tried to keep the puck in the offensive zone and then Piggot drove the net hard when he did get his few chances, he also threw quite a few hits when presented with the chance. Pierce never got a chance to even make it into the zone with Maccrae looking laboured for the majority of the game and Phil Hill as I said going missing after a decent start.

It makes perfect sense to me because they are all different players. To all class them as forwards makes little sense, because then I would have to judge for example Matzka on not taking a fight Voth would have taken, it would not work because they are different players. To give another example of what i'm saying about Pierce if you played Chris Frank and Regan Darby as a D pairing on the same line it wouldnt work because they are too similar. It's all about styles and what are expected of players.

I'll also back up my point about hill, in the first few minutes he threw two big checks against Panthers players, i didnt see him throw one afterwards. I couldnt understand why when we needed a jump at certain parts of the game. Pierce is never going to be a player to be able to throw a hit like that, thats how i judge one against the other.

Also to be honest i probably would not have Pierce back next season either.

Wannabe2

BeatBox said:
Gazza:

Devils criteria.
It doesn't matter what type of player you are, you can still graft !!!!
Exactly thats all Devils fans want to see, Ben is a typical example, give us 10 imports with Bens heart and endevour and we will give you the title, end of.

TheStub

Thread starter #66
Re: Re: 2012/13 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

Gazza272 said:
BeatBox said:
Gazza:

Devils criteria.

They did impress me but they have no bearing on my opinion of Pierce. For a start none of them play on the same line as him. Piggot drove to the net and Davies did well in the corners and generally tried to keep the puck in the offensive zone and then Piggot drove the net hard when he did get his few chances, he also threw quite a few hits when presented with the chance. Pierce never got a chance to even make it into the zone with Maccrae looking laboured for the majority of the game and Phil Hill as I said going missing after a decent start.

It makes perfect sense to me because they are all different players. To all class them as forwards makes little sense, because then I would have to judge for example Matzka on not taking a fight Voth would have taken, it would not work because they are different players. To give another example of what i'm saying about Pierce if you played Chris Frank and Regan Darby as a D pairing on the same line it wouldnt work because they are too similar. It's all about styles and what are expected of players.

I'll also back up my point about hill, in the first few minutes he threw two big checks against Panthers players, i didnt see him throw one afterwards. I couldnt understand why when we needed a jump at certain parts of the game. Pierce is never going to be a player to be able to throw a hit like that, thats how i judge one against the other.

Also to be honest i probably would not have Pierce back next season either.
You also need to look at the opposition faced. The Pierce - Hill - McRae line was faced with the top Panthers forward and D lines all game. When we could dictate a matchup we had penetration into the Panthers zone, most the time we were driven to a standstill at evens.

Our lower lines, the 3rd line especially, saw more of the lower lines from the Panthers, and looked good.

I would have liked us to try splitting Stu and Pierce up at times - try and make the Panthers matchups not be so effective.

Gazza for heavens sake fella, you don't have to be a certain type of player, or have particular qualities to chip in and work hard.
Your defense of him is futile. The bloke is lazy and does not give 100%. You had British lads with little or no experience working their butts off, Pierce is a 1st liner but chose to watch the game rather than play it. That is just unacceptable.
If we want players like that then we may as well give up now!

Stub:
There's no need to analyze things in such detail. All Pierce had to do was WORK! It doesn't matter if he was up against Stamkos and Letang, just put in a shift and earn your crust !!!!!!

TheStub

Thread starter #68
Re: Re: 2012/13 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

BeatBox said:
Gazza for heavens sake fella, you don't have to be a certain type of player, or have particular qualities to chip in and work hard.
Your defense of him is futile. The bloke is lazy and does not give 100%. You had British lads with little or no experience working their butts off, Pierce is a 1st liner but chose to watch the game rather than play it. That is just unacceptable.
If we want players like that then we may as well give up now!

Stub:
There's no need to analyze things in such detail. All Pierce had to do was WORK! It doesn't matter if he was up against Stamkos and Letang, just put in a shift and earn your crust !!!!!!
Are we not allowed to analyse things that may disprove your point of view?

I give up.
Of course your allowed, why be like that. I'm saying there's no need to analyze here. pierce was up against Panthers 1st line but he's a top liner himself, nobody is asking or expecting him to go coast to coast every shift. but when all around him are grafting like dogs and he's not, people are going to point the finger.

Anyway .....

Jarolin to Blaze
Hartmanis to Clan

Gazza272 said:
jimmy snels said:
id take jarolin :)

Sadly already re signed for Edinburgh for next season along with Hartmaniss :(
Wow! I'd have put money on Jarolin moving on to bigger and better things, no disrespect to the caps. Had he originally signed a 2 year contract do you know? He scored huge numbers last season, imagine what he could achieve at one of the bigger clubs. :shock:

Ger-Devils

Foxy said:
I was under the impression that Galbraith had already re-signed for the clan
Nope, not signed for them yet.

Also a contract signed means nothing over here ala Finnerty last season.....signed for Coventry, hours later, back with Steelers

jimmy snels said:
i wouldnt want to see latullipe back. i want TYLOR now!! i dont ask for much. but tylor is a devil and if we can convince him to return id pay him accordingly. he's the fans no 1. every fans!!
SIR TYLOR TO RETURN PLEASE!

dave

On twitter:
It is a well known fact that here in Cardiff #inGwetrust Tomorrow morning, Devils fans, there will be another very good reason for this…

Guess away!!!