2012/13 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

Re: Re: 2012/13 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

Sheincar said:
There's a world of difference between agreeing terms & putting pen to paper. Last I heard Hilly was waiting to see what another player was doing before committing himself & that player's still in talks as I understand it.
I wasn't aware of the waiting on another player, intriguing.

Have Hope#35

I hope that Hilly and Stuuu both sign... I think that they are the two critical guys from last year that we still need to sign! I could take or leave any of the other un-signed players from last season!

Have Hope#35 said:
I hope that Hilly and Stuuu both sign... I think that they are the two critical guys from last year that we still need to sign! I could take or leave any of the other un-signed players from last season!
Of the ones we haven't already re-signed and bearing in mind the newbies who have, I concur.

I've heard that Stu has been offered a job outside of hockey. If he doesn't take it he'll be back, but if he does he'll obviously not be with us next season.

Hopefully Stu and Hill will sign, I've also heard that Hill is waiting to see if he'll be back.

To me Phil and Stu are the two key players to bring back next season!! I heard that Stu had said if he plays hockey it'll only be for Cardiff so it was a choice between Cardiff and work outside of hockey, if Phil signing is dependent on his decision too I think we all need to get on twitter and make it know how much we want/need Stu back to captain the team again next season! Nothing like a little friendly pressure :D

To me Phil and Stu are the two key players to bring back next season!! I heard that Stu had said if he plays hockey it'll only be for Cardiff so it was a choice between Cardiff and work outside of hockey, if Phil signing is dependent on his decision too I think we all need to get on twitter and make it know how much we want/need Stu back to captain the team again next season! Nothing like a little friendly pressure :D
I think that's a very good idea, nothing like a little bit of encouragement from the people who respect you is there lol

voth26

Zack Kassian said:
Osrevich or how ever you spell it is not as good as people are saying..
He is or will be a good d man for this league but no better than a kenton smith id say.
The good thing is he would fight for his team mates :)
Really have a look on the rumours thread on the panthers website, quite a few would take him in the black and gold colours. He's a different style of player to kenton in as much he's a more physical player,will drop the gloves and is a stay at home D where as kenton is more offensive and probably not as physical but better skilled

Ocko

Zack Kassian said:
He is or will be a good d man for this league but no better than a kenton smith id say.
I have seen Oreskovic play for the Bears a couple of times, he seemed a solid player at AHL level and was thought of highly by the fans. He would be one of the toughest players in the league and probably the top stay at home d men.

To compare and say he is no better than Kenton is silly. He has played 3 full seasons at AHL level and has had NHL call ups and is still a yound lad...Kenton has played less than a dozen AHL games after many seasons in the US.

wildthing74

Ocko said:
Zack Kassian said:
I have seen Oreskovic play for the Bears a couple of times, he seemed a solid player at AHL level and was thought of highly by the fans. He would be one of the toughest players in the league and probably the top stay at home d men.

To compare and say he is no better than Kenton is silly. He has played 3 full seasons at AHL level and has had NHL call ups and is still a yound lad...Kenton has played less than a dozen AHL games after many seasons in the US.
I agree it's a dumb comparison as they don't even play the same role.Any guy that has played as long at AHL would be a huge signing for us.

A

Anonymous

Ok they play different roles but by me saying osrevich is not better than k smith i meant by being our stand out d man.
K smith for me has been our best d man for 2 yrs running apart from weller and if we do sign osrevich i dont expect much from the guy.
Personally i think he isnt that good!!

Have Hope#35

Zack Kassian said:
Ok they play different roles but by me saying osrevich is not better than k smith i meant by being our stand out d man.
K smith for me has been our best d man for 2 yrs running apart from weller and if we do sign osrevich i dont expect much from the guy.
No one gets 216 games in the AHL without doing something right! And he got 10 NHL games for Toronto Maple Leafs. Plus he's only 25 so he could still have some of his best years to come... If we don't get Weller back I'd love to see us sign this guy, he looks like a top draw stay at home D'man who will look after his team mates!

ASHIPP

bluedevil said:
I've heard that Stu has been offered a job outside of hockey. If he doesn't take it he'll be back, but if he does he'll obviously not be with us next season.

Hopefully Stu and Hill will sign, I've also heard that Hill is waiting to see if he'll be back.
Think the ground has already been prepared for us to suggest that Stu is considering other options. Both he and the Club have been open about this and this is commendable. The fact that it has not been announced that he has re-signed by now would suggest very strongly that playing for the Devils next season is not top of Stuuu's list of priorities.

It would be a huge blow if Stuu didn't return - everybody wants our Captain back. But he does have another life, he's highly qualified and would be leaving for all the right reasons. G has already intimated he is looking at possible replacements - he's smartly covering all options.

As for Phil, I doubt very much that a player would base his future career solely upon the decision of another player returning to a Club or not. Each player has his own career to consider first and foremost....and that often means getting the best deal. Would find it v hard to imagine any other interested Club could make a better comptetive tie-in offer than Phil's own home Club. :D He's got a vital role to play in the future of the Devils. PR and G will be very conscious of that.

Matthew Meyers is an example of another player who was not announced properly until the other British players on his team had been confirmed.

Zack Kassian said:
Have you seen him play much? What are his biggest weaknesses? Obviously he's not going to score a lot of points, but it would be interesting to know the other areas holding him back.

Sheincar

ASHIPP said:
bluedevil said:

Think the ground has already been prepared for us to suggest that Stu is considering other options. Both he and the Club have been open about this and this is commendable. The fact that it has not been announced that he has re-signed by now would suggest very strongly that playing for the Devils next season is not top of Stuuu's list of priorities.

It would be a huge blow if Stuu didn't return - everybody wants our Captain back. But he does have another life, he's highly qualified and would be leaving for all the right reasons. G has already intimated he is looking at possible replacements - he's smartly covering all options.

As for Phil, I doubt very much that a player would base his future career solely upon the decision of another player returning to a Club or not. Each player has his own career to consider first and foremost....and that often means getting the best deal. Would find it v hard to imagine any other interested Club could make a better comptetive tie-in offer than Phil's own home Club. :D He's got a vital role to play in the future of the Devils. PR and G will be very conscious of that.

Matthew Meyers is an example of another player who was not announced properly until the other British players on his team had been confirmed.
I wouldn't read too much into fact Stu not signed yet in that he was quite late re-signing last year if I remember correctly & didn't understand the rush!!