2012/13 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

Chris said:
I know you're finding it hard to understand CrazySquish, but that link doesn't confirm that he's signed anywhere, all it says is that he's left Eisbaren Berlin.

For what it's worth though, if he or Chris Blight are the signings that'd be pretty good :E
:D

Chris said:
I know you're finding it hard to understand CrazySquish, but that link doesn't confirm that he's signed anywhere, all it says is that he's left Eisbaren Berlin.

For what it's worth though, if he or Chris Blight are the signings that'd be pretty good :E
Sorry Chris the :DWD was meant to indicate that I was wrong I chose the wrong quote :lol:

Re: Re: 2012/13 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

J.B said:
The good money seems to be on Phil Oreskovic, who would be another top signing for the Devils.
That's the guys name, I knew it began with an O but that was it lol :smile: hope he's as good as everyone ive spoken to says he is

noodlesboy said:
Anyone got any ideas or leaks as to who this new dman signinng is supposed to be? I've been hearing Weller! Or mike wares nephew who name escapes me.
I missed this, where did you hear about a new dman signing?

A

Anonymous

Osrevich or how ever you spell it is not as good as people are saying..
He is or will be a good d man for this league but no better than a kenton smith id say.
The good thing is he would fight for his team mates :)

rocketbob

Zack Kassian said:
He is or will be a good d man for this league but no better than a kenton smith id say.
I'd take another Kenton any day of the week. :grin:

Zack Kassian said:
I think you have slightly under estimated him. For onr he is a stay at home D man where as Kenton is offensive.

Some words from Hockey future site about him. Although slightly old.

The rugged Oreskovic threw his 6’3, 217-pound frame around with abandon in 2005-06 in the OHL – and his opponents noticed. In the year-end OHL Eastern Conference Coaches Poll, the Brampton Battalion blueliner garnered acclaim as the best defensive defenseman and the best body checker.
He chipped in with 12 points in 65 games, but his biggest mark on the score sheet came in the penalty column. Oreskovic played the role of enforcer to the tune of 202 PIM. He continued his thuggish ways in the postseason, racking up 34 minutes in just 11 games.

2006-07: Oreskovic posted his best offensive totals of his OHL career last year in his final kick at the OHL can. He split the year between the Brampton Battalion, the team which he spent his first three OHL seasons with, and the Owen Sound Attack. In 62 games he scored three goals and added 19 assists for 22 points. He also continued to add to his healthy penalty minute resume with 179 minutes in the box.

2007-08: His second season with the Toronto Marlies (AHL) marked his first full one with the club. Oreskovic recorded 10 pints (1g+9a) in 54 games, and added an additional point, as assist, in seven playoff games with the club. He also saw ice time with the Columbia Inferno (ECHL), appearing in 13 games with the club. He added four assists with the Inferno and finished with a +12 plus/minus rating.

Talent Analysis

The towering rearguard is an exceptional stay-at-home defenseman, and an outstanding bodychecker but does not provide much else. The big blueliner excels at clearing the front of the net, playing a punishing corner game, and is able to lay a devastating bodycheck every couple of games. He struggles when he is forced to carry the puck but is capable of making the first pass out of the defensive zone

But since then has gone on to play for Toronto ML and notched up 216 appearances in the AHL. You don't do that if your Kenton's standard (no offence intended).

rolf

oy oy leave greg ware alone. he was a sterling stay at home player in a darned good league. i'd put him in the same league as wes jarvis for talent and he modified his game to suit the needs of the team

Finny

rolf said:
oy oy leave greg ware alone. he was a sterling stay at home player in a darned good league. i'd put him in the same league as wes jarvis for talent and he modified his game to suit the needs of the team
Surprised at that, for me Jarvis was far far better than Greg Ware. Greg certainly improved during his time with us but was one of the weakest import defencemen we ever had.