2012/13 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

Skippy

Well seems there are more victims of the weller "signing news"

RUMOUR: Speculation on THF suggests that former @NHL and @cardiffdevils defenceman Craig Weller is set to join @steelershockey. -- British Ice Hockey (@briticehockey)

TheStub

Thread starter #942
God bless Dease. It is interesting to see how quickly rumors circulate... and also proves why Dease shouldn't be allowed on twitter whilst bored.

He has admitted that it was a calculated experiment to see what the effect of one vague post on social media would be... and it was only one tweet.

Skippy

I'd suspect Keefe back to Belfast from what was said last night in the ongoing chirp fest between him and Dainton on twitter.

Jones72

skippy said:
I'd suspect Keefe back to Belfast from what was said last night in the ongoing chirp fest between him and Dainton on twitter.
Dainton? Has he teamed up with Dirty Sanchez?

Now THAT would be a line!

;)

Giants also looking at bring Robby Sandrock back :D ,(strengthen plexi behind your goals).

More signings over the next few days total guess but Keefe, Clarke,Hoofman and Crane

jester said:
Giants also looking at bring Robby Sandrock back :D ,(strengthen plexi behind your goals).

More signings over the next few days total guess but Keefe, Clarke,Hoofman and Crane
Hoffman, Clarke, Keefe... also hearing T.J Reynolds and Rob Sandrock

Ger-Devils said:
Brendan Cook to take over as player/coach at Clan.
I think he is the favourite at the moment amongst the Clan fans, although I loved Cookie playing for us in our 1st season am not so sure about being the coach as we could be n the same position next season if he decides to leave and go back home.
My preferred choice would be a British coach or a import coach that is based in the UK and has no plans to leave. S we can build the club over next few years rather than season by season all in my opinion of course.
Would love Cook back as player or assistant coach mind you.

Slartibartfast

Im keeping an eye on the Austrian leagues gossip page. Weller isnt showing as staying or going yet. However I doubt he will be staying. The fans dont talk too highly of him. One said he was way to average for an import. I guess their standard must be a lot higher than ours.

He had 5 goals and 6 assists in 45 games which isnt great as I know he was playing forward at one point. His plus minus was -12.

I reckon he misses the Welsh hospitality and can only return to form if he comes here.
:D

Rempel16

And Ragan has tweeted about potential signing news tomorrow - regarding ''import/s''....

Would happily take Oreskovic, looks a very good player for any team in this league.

and the new guy will be a forward, is phil oreskovic a d man ? as he was linked to us when sawyer came to us , can't remember, if he is a d man it won't be him, but g sounds pritty excited about this signing.

Skippy

redtilldead said:
and the new guy will be a forward, is phil oreskovic a d man ? as he was linked to us when sawyer came to us , can't remember, if he is a d man it won't be him, but g sounds pritty excited about this signing.
Think Oserkovic is a Dman yes.

New Forward Chris Blight ?