2012/13 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

TheStub

Thread starter #922
Re: Re: 2012/13 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

Paul Sullivan said:
TheStub said:
Finny said:
If Weller does go to the Steelers then either someone in Sheffield has won the lottery or they have gambling massively financially on money = success = bigger crowds.

If this continues then Finnerty has to win a grand slam or he will make Corey Neilson look like a coaching genius.
And so continues the Steelers cycle.

They haven't built the team - they seem to continuously mortgaged their future, and now the fan base expect it. What they need is someone to put up the white flag, go "sod it - we're going have a rebuilding season" and do it from the ground up.

With the losses Smith went into last season with, and the seeming spend this year, I would guess all of this season's Season Ticket money went into covering last season, and this season is spending big in the hopes that it'll cover it. I think this may be the beginning of the end of the Smith era.
Finally I get to disagree with you ;)

Tony is a lot sharper than that and extremely capable. Also he has been around long enough to witness a great many of the fiscal mistakes made by previous Steelers 'future mortgagers'. I am not saying he can't make a mistake but I would actually believe that the way last season was run, the crowds they achieved and the ST sales this year mean that the team there could very feasibly be funding itself.

Which is scary.

As for the nelson comparison made - if Finner were to be able to continue the spending spiral he seems to be on that I think DC would be a better parallel. Grand Slam or job-hunting.
We can hope so - as a strong Steelers is better for the sport. We can just hope that we can compete even in our new building.

Next is to fire up the "Arena Teams need to have the playing field leveled" arguments.

Martynwo said:
Intriguing post on twitter couple of hours ago

"Dease ‏@dease21
Just spoke to a friend on the Steelers, I'm hearing a certain ex NHL player & Ex Devil is in town "visiting ex teammates" #bigsigning"
This just appears a little flawed imo. What ex teammates of his are presently in Sheffield?

Paul Sullivan

phil PLT said:
Martynwo said:

"Dease ‏@dease21
Just spoke to a friend on the Steelers, I'm hearing a certain ex NHL player & Ex Devil is in town "visiting ex teammates" #bigsigning"
This just appears a little flawed imo. What ex teammates of his are presently in Sheffield?
*presuming you mean Weller*

What, you mean apart from Tylor Michel and Ryan Finnerty?

None, I guess.... :cool:

Paul Sullivan said:
phil PLT said:

Yes I meant Weller, and perhaps you should read my post again I said presently
Think you might find the two you have mentioned are presently over the pond ;)

Paul Sullivan

phil PLT said:

Yes I meant Weller, and perhaps you should read my post again I said presently
Think you might find the two you have mentioned are presently over the pond ;)

Which is why I ended with 'None, I guess'

To be fair anyone that thinks rumours from Dease are worth anything probably believes there are 5 Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and BIH.

A

Anonymous

Once again pr tweeted saying he hopes to see a signing today or tomorrow!!
It wasnt just me who he told a few days ago then ?? :Banana

Skippy

Not a rumour but a departure

"I'm very happy to announce that I'll be Ass't Coach of Soenderjyske in the Danish Elite and Head Coach of their Div 1 developmental team. -- Dan Ceman (@iceman26dc)"

Finny

James said:
Paul Sullivan said:
To be fair anyone that thinks rumours from Dease are worth anything probably believes there are 5 Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and BIH.
Apparently he was bored.
So he made up a rumour that he knew would upset a lot of Cardiff fans. Nice.

voth26

Martynwo said:

"Dease ‏@dease21
Could be rob davison!!!!! that would be a turn up for the books lol

Finny said:
James said:
Paul Sullivan said:
Apparently he was bored.
So he made up a rumour that he knew would upset a lot of Cardiff fans. Nice.
If people believe what they read on Twitter/FB and then get upset thats their own fault. Unless it is in an offical release ignore it .