2011/12 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

Hynod said:
jester said:
rumoured to be this guy:http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=15512 wow just wow
38 ouch, stats look amazing though so obviously still has the gift. Definately splashing the cash this year. (thats not a dig, just a observation)
Dude with stats like that i wouldnt care if he was 48 :lol:

jester said:
Hynod said:
jester said:
rumoured to be this guy:http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=15512 wow just wow
38 ouch, stats look amazing though so obviously still has the gift. Definately splashing the cash this year. (thats not a dig, just a observation)
Dude with stats like that i wouldnt care if he was 48 :lol:
I tend to agree

Good luck this year, if its not us then I would rather you guys.

Hynod said:
jester said:
If you read the powerplay article on Doug and the recruitment process, he talks about just how valuable the Uni places are and how constricting the Giants budget and wage caps actually are. How players like Gleed just wont stay in the league once they complete their course since they can demand much much higher wages in europe.
Its an interesting read and explains how much work coaches really put into these signings and maximising every pound on the budget.

Regarding this new signing rumor...its still a rumor and also had that Braehead are also in the running to sign him.

38 ouch, stats look amazing though so obviously still has the gift. Definitely splashing the cash this year. (thats not a dig, just a observation)
Doug talks a bit about signing's in his latest interviews and says are last signing will be a Star player next season in the EIHL... He also talks about leaving signing late as you can pick players up much cheaper later on as the hockey season gets closer.. Also looking at our team this season we have a lot less ex AHL, and ex NHL players in the roster so i think this years roster would not be as much as some people think...

Giants roster last year had over 100 NHL 1000+ AHL 100+ DEL and loads of ECHL games in the roster.... Plus Colin Shields who is one of the best Brit forwards about..

This years team has 0 NHL less than 300 AHL games, most of which are Adam Keefe's, who's a tough guy.. Most of this years team are mostly have played mostly in the ECHL and CHL apart from Our two star D.men who have come from Austrian League...

ASHIPP

Mutterings of potential happenings at Fife - talk of unhappy players and of one or two players due to be released.
Suggestions that former DEL/AHL defenceman Matt Cohen is one of the players not happy at the club, and former Edinburgh Capital Iain Bowie is another.

James

Administrator
ASHIPP said:
Mutterings of potential happenings at Fife - talk of unhappy players and of one or two players due to be released.
Suggestions that former DEL/AHL defenceman Matt Cohen is one of the players not happy at the club, and former Edinburgh Capital Iain Bowie is another.
Cohen is rumoured to be in talks with Thommo too

ASHIPP

On Twitter yesterday:player agency 9Management has been approached by Elite League team looking for a defenceman with AHL/ECHL/CHL experience.

Wonder which one of the 5 teams who are currently demanding changes/improvements (or cover?) to their performances have made this request?

Wannabe2

ASHIPP said:
On Twitter yesterday:player agency 9Management has been approached by Elite League team looking for a defenceman with AHL/ECHL/CHL experience.

Wonder which one of the 5 teams who are currently demanding changes/improvements (or cover?) to their performances have made this request?
Think this is the Giants signing but who knows.

I've been reliably informed that Hartmanis has signed (he was watching from the bench last night, awaiting ITC paperwork). I've also been told we have another 2 new players coming, not sure who they are, where they are from, etc