2011/12 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

TheStub

G has announced on Twitter that we have signed our final import. Announcement tomorrow.

Seems this guy will be loved in Cardiff.

Very happy coach apparently.

GAdams55 geradadams
"@andydevils: @GAdams55 are you being cryptic again, just like the Matzka signing". I'm a happy coach right now. Very happy

Surely its the voth?

voth26

seems g is being careful with his choice of words " this guy WILL BE loved in cardiff" so not saying it's vother one way or another :roll: :roll: g playing a crafty game of cat and mouse possibly, personally i hope it' is brad if it is i hope everyone gets behind him and the team (even the people who dont want the return of the vother) roll on tomorrow when we will know for sure come on you devils

Finny

voth26 said:
seems g is being careful with his choice of words " this guy WILL BE loved in cardiff"
Where does he say this? All I can see is him saying he is looking forward to welcoming him to Cardiff.

Which would suggest that it's not Voth, but you never know with G! :lol:

voth26

Finny said:
voth26 said:
seems g is being careful with his choice of words " this guy WILL BE loved in cardiff"
Where does he say this? All I can see is him saying he is looking forward to welcoming him to Cardiff.

Which would suggest that it's not Voth, but you never know with G! :lol:
picked it up off the stubs post regarding the signing, sorry finny try to get it right next time lol any way i was right the vother is loved in cardiff lol

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1,314
There are plenty of people who are disappointed at this signing, they just don't post because some posters will shout them down again.

I am left wondering where, or rather why the other mba slot hasn't been used, Voth was good for part of last season, but i'd rather we had risked bringing someone new to the league in.

It's too late now though, just have to hope Voth proves us all wrong...

Chris.

Chris said:
There are plenty of people who are disappointed at this signing, they just don't post because some posters will shout them down again.
Who is that in response too? slightly unnecessary if you ask me. Im pretty sick of people moaning on here that they can't post negative comments, there is plent of negativity on this forum. Yes people disagree with that negativity but of course people are going too.

Finny

Chris said:
Not all of us though Chris. ;)

I expected the Voth signing to split the fanbase on here, and I think that feeling will last all year. For some he can do no wrong and others he can do no right.
However, I don't think any other team has (yet) signed a power forward that I would swap Voth for.

steve

I'm feeling fairly positive this morning.

The last few weeks I've been pretty keen to replace voth with a more 'useful' player, I do think we've wasted an important MBA slot, but i feel pretty confident this morning - I just hope he turns up every week this year and plays to his potential. Will he do this on a significanty reduced wage? - we'll have to wait and see.

Finny

steve said:
I just hope he turns up every week this year and plays to his potential. Will he do this on a significanty reduced wage? - we'll have to wait and see.
Actually, this is one of the most positive things in this signing. If rumours are to be believed, in previous seasons one of the reasons Voth came back is because we would make him an offer he couldn't refuse - hence why he was on of our top earners.
This year though, it seems that it has been Brad pushing for a return an in the end almost putting G in a position that he couldn't refuse to re-sign Voth.

I think he said on facebook at the end of last season that he had unfinished business. He is back because he wanted to come back and play one final season for us before retiring from the sport completely.

All the money and MBA deals in the world can't replace someones desire for playing for a club they clearly have a strong affection for - and that is what I think we have with Brad.

Wannabe2

Finny said:
Chris said:
Not all of us though Chris. ;)

I expected the Voth signing to split the fanbase on here, and I think that feeling will last all year. For some he can do no wrong and others he can do no right.
However, I don't think any other team has (yet) signed a power forward that I would swap Voth for.
Totally agree Finny, the best power forward in the league, we now have 6 returning imports from last seasons squad thats very good. Also think Brad will thrive with Stu next to him, and vice versa. Welcome home Mr Voth.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1,320
Nmase20 - It was in response to to whoever said Voth was loved in Cardiff, I don't own a phone good enough to quote people unfortunately though.

Finny - I couldn't think of how else to word it, but I did mean all of us who aren't over the moon at the signing, not everyone on here :E

Can't remember if i've already said this, but if Voth plays how he did towards the end of the season, it'll prove to be a great signing, i'll just have to look out for him embarrasing the Panthers up in Mogadishuham...

Chris.