2011/12 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

voth26

Chris said:
Nmase20 - It was in response to to whoever said Voth was loved in Cardiff, I don't own a phone good enough to quote people unfortunately though.

Finny - I couldn't think of how else to word it, but I did mean all of us who aren't over the moon at the signing, not everyone on here :E

Can't remember if i've already said this, but if Voth plays how he did towards the end of the season, it'll prove to be a great signing, i'll just have to look out for him embarrasing the Panthers up in Mogadishuham...

Chris.
Chris it was me who posted that voth was loved in cardiff as he is pretty much a fan fav and has been for a number of years, dont understand the phone bit? if you not over the moon with voth resigning thats fine i respect that, same as i wasnt over the moon about lyle resigning, for me he wasnt consistent enough last year and in my opinion he gave away to many soft goals and cost us the playoffs by doing exactly that i'm sure others will disagree with me!!!, having said that he has resigned so i will support lyle and the team in general. for sure this has been the mother of all offseasons

We couldn't have signed Voth without Lyle, we might be able to get a better goalie (and that isn't criticism as I am pro Stevie), but not without sacrificing an import and looking at our roster I am pretty glad we didn't do that.

I'm not surprised we signed Voth in the end, it seems to make sense with this being the Devils Anniversary year that we would want our franchise player of the last few years on the team and also that he would want to be involved.
I had been thinking that it would better to have another goal scorer on the same line as MacRae who could benefit from all his assists, but I missed a lot of last yr and the 2nd line was a bit forgotten in all the hype about lines 1 and 3, so I hadn't taken into account that Brad has scored 25 goals. Since I realised that I have been hoping that he would return and I am very pleased he has.

As for the last MBA, I guess we don't have to use it if a player we target doesn't want to go down that route, obviously the Voth deal has been worked out a different way, I just hope this doesn't mean we get offered less places in future, but I am sure G, Franny etc have thought of that.

Welcome back Brad.

voth26

Mandeville said:
We couldn't have signed Voth without Lyle, we might be able to get a better goalie (and that isn't criticism as I am pro Stevie), but not without sacrificing an import and looking at our roster I am pretty glad we didn't do that.

I'm not surprised we signed Voth in the end, it seems to make sense with this being the Devils Anniversary year that we would want our franchise player of the last few years on the team and also that he would want to be involved.
I had been thinking that it would better to have another goal scorer on the same line as MacRae who could benefit from all his assists, but I missed a lot of last yr and the 2nd line was a bit forgotten in all the hype about lines 1 and 3, so I hadn't taken into account that Brad has scored 25 goals. Since I realised that I have been hoping that he would return and I am very pleased he has.

As for the last MBA, I guess we don't have to use it if a player we target doesn't want to go down that route, obviously the Voth deal has been worked out a different way, I just hope this doesn't mean we get offered less places in future, but I am sure G, Franny etc have thought of that.

Welcome back Brad.
I agree with your point about brad resigning because of lyle, my point was that everyone has a player they like and players they are not keen on for what ever reason, for me my concern with stevie is his inconsistency brilliant save one minute goofed the next. anyhows the team is the team and ALL players will get my full support because they have a DEVILS shirt on and we are the cardiff devils

I didn't mean for this to be a Lyle/Voth discussion, I don't actually think Voth would be the import to miss out if we had an import goalie.

I guess I am defending both, as for me (and I think many other fans), they are the 2 players that, in an irrational sense which goes beyond pure ability, you want to see on the team.

It seems appropriate that they should both be playing in such an important year for the club. They are here on merit, but they also mean a lot to many fans in a way that many players don't, they are each a big part of Devils history.

to add to that further, this season could also be the last year playing for both of them, so lets have fun watching them while they are here.

I have just had a brainwave...

I know G has said he is playing this year and everything... but maybe he is planning on surprising us all by using the MBA package to bring in a young hungry defenceman to replace himself on the ice, and is also using the difference in Voth's wages to create some sort of deal...?!?!
Just a thought...

Scott.

The MBA deal being offered to an as yet unknown player is a nice thought, but they have said the roster is complete for now and I cant see it being able to be used on a new player later in the season unfortunately.

I suspect we have only used 3 though as the club seems keen to promote the link whenever someone does sign up to the MBA, I wonder if the final one could have been offered to a players partner.

I dont really see why people said it would affect how many the devils get in future? Surely Cardiff business school aren't that worried how many the Devils used as long as they get their advertising and whatever else they are promised? Or am I being dumb?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Spot on nmase. If Cardiff Business School get the advertising, sponsorship etc they would rather we don't use any spots! They have saved 25% of the budget assigned to the Devils this way.

possibly, but sponsors normally offer you something expecting you to take it up and we do publicise the course every timed someone takes up a spot, so although it MIGHT have saved them money it may have cost them the publicity that I suspect drives the decision to offer the sponsorship anyway.

The team will know about these things though and I am pretty sure they would nave taken this into account as they were signing players, especially if they were always hoping Voth would come back and would be our final announced signing, which I suspect is the case..

Belfast 9 ----need 1
Braehead 6 --need 3
Cardiff 10
Coventry 9 --done
Dundee 10
Edinburgh4-- need 6
Fife 3 ------ need 7
Hull 10
Nottingham 10
Sheffield 10

jester said:
rumoured to be this guy:http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=15512 wow just wow
38 ouch, stats look amazing though so obviously still has the gift. Definately splashing the cash this year. (thats not a dig, just a observation)