2011/12 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

ASHIPP

Panthers fans seem to think Bobby Robbins is joining their team.
This rumour has done the rounds since he left Belfast......he was linked with several UK teams last year, including the Devils.

ASHIPP

Finny said:
Isn't everyone linked with Nottingham though?
Is it from one of their more reliable sources? They can often be spot on.
Finny - I wouldn't know who those 'reliable sources' are, I read it on the Cage! :lol:

James

Administrator
Devilsmania said:
I have a good feeling that Gerard will be signing someone today and it will be announced either today or tomorrow.
Reading Terry Phillips article today I'd say there is a good chance Kenton Smith will be announced tomorrow.

James said:
Devilsmania said:
I have a good feeling that Gerard will be signing someone today and it will be announced either today or tomorrow.
Reading Terry Phillips article today I'd say there is a good chance Kenton Smith will be announced tomorrow.
I'm feeling more of a Symmonds signing lol... hope someone will be though.

Rempel16

Simms has said on twitter that legue to panthers would disappoint him but not surprise him. Maybe some truth in it? I always got the impression that he never got on with finnerty even when they were teammates.

Gazza272

Rempel16 said:
Simms has said on twitter that legue to panthers would disappoint him but not surprise him. Maybe some truth in it? I always got the impression that he never got on with finnerty even when they were teammates.
The same Finnerty that played ECHL with Legue and recommended him to join Matsos at the Steelers? :?

I think the only reason Legue would join the Panthers would be the financial package.

Holl

ASHIPP

Ger-Devils said:
Legue to Panthers

Prpich to Braehead

Rumours from BIH
Sometimes get the impression on the Clanfans forum that whichever players appear to be available, they want them at the Clan...and before you know it, it snowballs into a rumour that the player is going there! :?

James

Administrator
Neil Black has stated at a fan forum the 'Luxury Player' idea isn't happening and is only in Mr Ragans head. Judging by his comments on the wage-cap, I'd be surprised if that exists outside Cardiff too :(

Skippy

James said:
Neil Black has stated at a fan forum the 'Luxury Player' idea isn't happening and is only in Mr Ragans head. Judging by his comments on the wage-cap, I'd be surprised if that exists outside Cardiff too :(
So effectivley Neil Black is now just wandering about saying that anything said by Ragan isn't true ? It can't be a good way for the league to work

DevilDom

James said:
You sound surprised by that! :lol: I think its been obvious to me for some time that this was the case as there as been nothing coming out from the league about wage caps or luxury players and Ragan avoided all questions on it when he did the recent blog.

Shame because it seems that we are heading to a situation where the league either tears itself apart or we end up with an 8 or 6 team league which will be very dull.

Question is will be - who is more to blame? Black for refusing to accept a wage cap or Ragan for being bloody minded and saying there is one when there obviously isn't!