2011/12 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

Wannabe2 said:
secondly cant see G signing the bison player, he isnt good enough for our team one iota.
Not good enough perhaps but might be required to stay within the wage cap?
If you were over it last season and you've given big rises to Pelle, Hill and Macrae as rumoured, surely the saving must be coming from somewhere?

Gazza272

J.B said:
Wannabe2 said:
secondly cant see G signing the bison player, he isnt good enough for our team one iota.
Not good enough perhaps but might be required to stay within the wage cap?
If you were over it last season and you've given big rises to Pelle, Hill and Macrae as rumoured, surely the saving must be coming from somewhere?

We werent over it last year. Even Andy French backed us up on that one! :shock:

Gazza272 said:
[/quote]

And we all know that Andy French is always spot on with everything he says :? I prefer to believe the Nottingham Evening Post :lol: ;)

Rempel16

Well if, as rumoured, Weaver, Phillips and Fulghum have taken uop 50% of the wage budget then I wonder whether that is the type of signing that Coventry would make.

Disclaimer- please note that there may not be any fact to this rumour, just an intent to take the blinkers off a forum troll from Coventry who thinks that players sign for the Blaze at a reduced cost because they want to live in Coventry.

ASHIPP

Wannabe2 said:
buzzwagon said:
Dave Simms just tweeted " Interesting signing by Elite league club in the morning, i wouldn't have made that signing". Any ideas people? :?
Firstly its more than Simmsy job to have a go about a Cardiff signing so cant see that happening, secondly cant see G signing the bison player, he isnt good enough for our team one iota.
(My bold) Didn't stop him being openly critical of Moose even during last season! Simms won't care - he will say what he feels irrespective of which club it is - read his Twitter last week and James Huchison was the villain. :evil:
As for Bison players not being good enough....the Devils have just signed a young British player who played for the Bison for part of last season, remember? :? Also interesting fact that Ben was partnered with Kubenko and Moria at the Bison.....a very good scoring line. :? :cool:
The notion of signing an import from the EPL is an interesting one, though. They may be untested at EIHL level, but that can be equally be true of many young Brits.

osh

I'm not convinced there any stand out imports in the EPL, and if we signed one it wouldn't really be the sort of import news we are waiting for imo. Then again, if someone was signed on a low salary, who knows?

Wannabe2

Qweeb said:
I dont think his numbers are that bad good actually i know its the league below but third line center not bad!
Mark :ugeek:
No disrespect but he is 34, and is this what we are looking for. ;)

Kubenko
Left Wing
Born Jan 18 1977
Height 6.03 -- Weight 209
Regular Season Playoffs
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM +/- GP G A Pts PIM
2000-01 Sweden Intl 12 4 5 9 8
2001-02 New Orleans Brass ECHL 47 7 3 10 43 -7 1 0 0 0 0
2001-02 Zvolen HKm Slovak 11 0 2 2 2
2002-03 Skalica HK 36 Slovak 30 5 2 7 14
2003-04 Poprad HK SKP Slovak 29 3 3 6 10 -1 4 0 1 1 14
2004-05 Poprad HK SKP Slovak 49 6 9 15 36 0
2005-06 Poprad HK SKP Slovak 51 6 11 17 50
2006-07 Zvolen HKm Slovak 45 3 8 11 22 5
2007-08 Zvolen HKm Slovak 52 13 5 18 63 29

Sliput

J.B said:
Gazza272 said:
And we all know that Andy French is always spot on with everything he says :? I prefer to believe the Nottingham Evening Post :lol: ;)[/quote]

Andy French was answering a direct question from a Cov fan, in Coventry at a forum full of Cov fans....why would he feel the need to lie ?

ASHIPP

It's surely about the right attitude and partnerships that WORK. If, as rumoured, it is Kubenko, he was one of the top centres/point scorers in the EPL...he was partnered with Ben and Steve Moria. The Devils need 2 centres. With Ben now playing a regular forward role with the Devils next season, perhaps the thinking is to partner him with a proven, successful centre on his line. It could be a clever move. As for Viktor's age, I can think of several Elite League players in their 30's still at the top of their game (and a couple of EPL players 40+ who most fans would take in a heartbeat :D ;) ) These facts make a nonesense of an arguement that such a player is not good enough - his statistics suggest he was actually better than Matt Towe, Shaun Thompson and several other top EPL players linked with joining the Devils a few weeks ago.

With no announcements about Jon, Stu, Max, the Smiths or the Vother, we have no idea whether these quality players are still considering all options, have decided to move on...or, hopefully, have re-signed for the Devils. :cool: :? Let's hope for news soon. :? :D
Stu is a fantastic centre...one of the best in the Elite League :D If Stu is staying (as we all pray he will), who is to say that G won't partner him with the other guys I've just mentioned?

Wannabe2

He got 1 point every 3 games, in a lower league. It doesnt worry me one bit as for the life of me i cant see a top coach in the top league making this one of his import slots.

ASHIPP

Wannabe2 said:
He got 1 point every 3 games, in a lower league. It doesnt worry me one bit as for the life of me i cant see a top coach in the top league making this one of his import slots.
In the EPL last season? Kubenko scored 40+ goals and accumulated 84 points. He was in the top 10 point scorers in that league (although he did score much less when he played for his home Slovakian teams).

No-one else but G and Franny can guarantee that particular players are going to be ruled in or out....in the end it all depends on what budgets are available, what players are available and whether they 'fit' with the team ethic and G/Franny's plans. Everything else is pure, unadulterated speculation!

Wannabe2

Yes sorry about that, looked on Database and took it from his last season listed how stupid am i, well now you have put me right he certainly looks a better player than what i thought, and fortunately for him his eyesight is a lot better than mine. :lol:

Guessing the EPL player may be an option if the rumours are true, latest one is devils budget has been slashed by a grand a week and Sheffield are being allowed the same budget as last season, very worrying times if true and a real reason to consider whether to keep the season ticket or cancel it.

Finny

SPEEDACE said:
Guessing the EPL player may be an option if the rumours are true, latest one is devils budget has been slashed by a grand a week and Sheffield are being allowed the same budget as last season, very worrying times if true and a real reason to consider whether to keep the season ticket or cancel it.
Where has this rumour come from when only last week Ragan confirmed the budget's were the same and the only slight difference would be because of multi-year contracts?

TheStub

Re: Re: 2011/12 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

Finny said:
Where has this rumour come from when only last week Ragan confirmed the budget's were the same and the only slight difference would be because of multi-year contracts?
I though Ragan said that both teams had the same budget and would spend 99% of each other.

Can't remember the multi year contract clause. Where was that?

Finny

Re: Re: 2011/12 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

TheStub said:
I though Ragan said that both teams had the same budget and would spend 99% of each other.

Can't remember the multi year contract clause. Where was that?
I think he said that the two clubs would have 99% the same budget, and that any slight differences would be because of players already on mutli-year contracts that they couldn't change.

Wannabe2

These are the words from the Wales-on-line Blog.

Paul: That said, there do remain a few exceptional cases such as players on two year contracts for example, but I can guarantee you that wages will be 99% identical