2011/12 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #362
As I can't be bothered picking through posts that have digs at each other and comments actually related to the thread, anything else that's posted in any thread will just see the whole post deleted.

This means you also Jester. If you want to continue something you started on THF, then do it on THF not on here.

Chris.

Rempel16 said:
Eskarin,

That's fair enough, I guess that's what makes sport so interesting as absolutely everyone sees the game in a different way.

I'm not sure about best 2-way forward ever, but in the Elite League I struggle to think of any that we had better than him. Who do you rate higher than him?
It's definitely one of the many great things about hockey, and sport in general. I mean have you ever listened to Barry Melrose of ESPN fame attempt a critical analysis, he can barely manage to point out the obvious :lol:

I have to admit I think I'm poor at picking out quality 2 way forwards, mainly because many people simply see them as grinders, for me personally though I always thought Jay Latulippe was solid defensively, chipped in goals and got to the dirty areas. And before this season I thought Finnerty would be an upgrade (my personal most disappointing player this season, not to say he played poorly, just not to the level I had hoped), and I often think that Phil Hill is undervalued in the defensive end.
While on Hill I've just noticed on elite prospects he is listed as W/C can anyone say how much experience he has at centre, would be interesting to see him attempt to be a Mark Messier style face-off bully!
Back on topic (sort of) I honestly felt the entire 3rd line (I know its what they are meant for) were brilliant as a group of 2-way forwards (I think they scored too much to be considered grinders)

Apologies for the waffling, I find it so easy to spew forth molten crap when it comes to ice hockey :D

Chris said:
As I can't be bothered picking through posts that have digs at each other and comments actually related to the thread, anything else that's posted in any thread will just see the whole post deleted.

This means you also Jester. If you want to continue something you started on THF, then do it on THF not on here.

Chris.
Chris,
No problems.No more digs from me sorry.
(the whole thing was started on here though not THF)

Cookies_naughtyboy said:
http://www.9management.co.uk/hockeyclients.php

Has Mark Smith Signed In The EIHL But Does Not Say Which Club, Back With Us?
Hes been down as signed for about 2/3 weeks now, so hopefully its us. I would think if he had signed with any other club, they would have announced him by now.

TheStub

Re: Re: 2011/12 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

Wannabe2 said:
Why would current AHL players want to come here.
Vetran rules. Long term AHL journey men now are limited in the slots they can have.

If Craig Weller struggled for a slot, it will be interesting to see who else falls out.

For example Rob Davison hasn't had a NHL contract for 2 seasons and is now a UFA. Can't see him with NJ next season - no where near good enough to waste an AHL vet spot on, and certainly not an NHL contract with our depth. Can't help thinking other teams will view him the same so he may fall out the bottom.

We need to try and catch a couple.

osh

Rob Davison - Rob imo wasn't as good a player when compared to Weller. I thought he pretty much went through the motions and did just enough to justify his signing, Weller offered more in many ways. The only thing that disappointed me with Weller was the fact that he never fought when I felt he should have. Ok we still won games, but i felt he should haver stepped up to the plate at times just to let other teams know who they were dealing with. Class player no doubt, but didn't really frighten the opposition with his known physical strengths. However, Weller was a better signing than Davison.

I don't think Weller needed to fight. I had a chuckle on a few occasions when just seeing him coming was enough to get players moving, and fast. I think they were more afraid of being checked than fought, which he could do legally and as often as he wanted - and they knew it.

Echo today states kenton and mark close to committing to devils. If they're showing as signed on management sites maybe they are signed just not announced? Cant post link as on my phone

jimmy snels

skippy said:
Wannabe2 said:
Why would current AHL players want to come here.
Bad / very old AHL players ?
Wannabe2 said:
Or bad/very old players who like currants. :lol:
jester said:
Yeah gleed and szwez really sucked :roll:
well to be fair szwez did have an unhealth obsession with potatoes and gleed had a 400 ft drive no one else would touch :lol: :lol: :lol:

on a serious note i think if we can see better players as a result of north americas vetrens rules im happy :) be interesting to see if weller does get a contract this yr because we have put a contract to him from what i gather and if he doesnt get a better one in NHL/AHL...........

osh

Welshy74 said:
Weller has suffered from a few concussions from fighting. He is not a fighter anymore. He was never gonna drop the gloves when he was here.

He fought at least 8 times in the season before he joined us, I'm not saying he was brought in to fight, just that on ocassions when he should have protected or stood up for the likes of Matzka and Pelle especially he didn't do so, thats the only thing that disappointed me in his play.