Search results

1. G

Devils v Stars - Home & Away - Playoff QF's - Chat/Updates

Re: Devils v Stars - Home & Away - Playoff QF's - Chat/Updat Heart. That's all I ask for. Congratulations to the players.
  2. G

Re: Devils v Stars - Home & Away - Playoff QF's - Chat/Updat Not once have I expressed criticism about the devils in the last two seasons, but last night has to be considered unacceptable on a basic level. I took a first timer to the game - he commented "is there this little passion and...
  3. G

Re: Devils v Stars - Home & Away - Playoff QF's - Chat/Updat Never thought I'd say this about a Devils team, but that was a gutless performance. No intensity, no desire seemingly, and just poor in every department. That's one thing I've felt in recent years that during the ups and downs at...
  4. G

NHL TV.....issues

You're probably aware of this but just in case you're not, hockeystreams has been resurrected as usemytv.com
  5. G

tickets for opening game not confirmed

Will be interesting to see whether I even get a seat at this rate. Current season ticket holder but couldn't make it to the seat selection day as was on holiday, have since selected a seat but am omitted from the list published today. I can well imagine getting down there tomorrow and having had...
  6. G

3 On 3 O/T

Excellent question. Hadn't considered any trickle down effect to the EIHL of the 3 on 3 OT change in the NHL. I too would like to see this introduced, there have been rave reviews around it in the AHL (although they had a slightly different 7 min OT format last year). Would definitely add...
  7. G

Sunday 6th September

To avoid losing money?
  8. G

Sunday 6th September

Nowhere in my post am I complaining. I actually said I'll take it on the chin and miss the Devils game, It's a shame that I, along with a fair few others will miss the game, but as stated it is what it is. I was simply stating that I wouldn't miss the Wales game in favour of the Devils, and hope...
  9. G

Sunday 6th September

Personally speaking, I consider hockey as my number 1 sport that I follow. However I also have a Wales football tournament ticket, and there's absolutely no chance I'd choose a Devils game over this Wales game despite being a Devils season ticket holder. I'll take the hit on the season ticket...
  10. G

4pm face off

Personally speaking, I would have reconsidered my decision to purchase a season ticket had I known about the 4pm Sun face offs, as I work on Sundays until 3pm (in Swansea), so I do wish the Devils' intention to change face off times would have been publicised before now. Having said that, I...
  11. G

Conference winner play off spot:

Interesting to read all these permutations. Probably an unpopular view given that we're more culturally focused in British sports on winning league championships, but I'd much prefer it in this country (when it comes to hockey at least) if the teams were more focused on winning the playoffs as...
  12. G

Season Ticket Renewal

Not completely convinced that the 10% saving is worth it on a pure financial basis as I work one Saturday evening a month, and cant attend every game, but sent my form off today regardless. Looking forward to next season already.
  13. G

Playoff Knockout Weekend Help/Info

A game on the evening of Sat 28th at home would clash with the Israel v wales euro qualifier. Gutting. (For me at least).
  14. G

Fantasy NHL

Hi Got a few spots open in a ESPN fantasy hockey league if anyone's interested? Its a head to head league, 12 teams, 2 divisions. Teams made up of 12 F, 6D, 1G and 5 on the bench. 22 game weeks (daily roster changes),, top 4 teams go through to the playoffs. Live draft will take place next...
  15. G

2014/2015 Player movement rumours

Re: 2014/2015 Rumour Thread of doom! Ben Davies to Braehead? Grim. Edit - That's from twitter by the way.
  16. G

who do you want back?

I'd like back Marsh, Lord, Kurka and Jake M from the imports. As many Brits as possible back although can see Ben, Quiney and possibly Myers moving on. Start afresh otherwise.
  17. G

respect to the players of 2013/2014

Looking back, our season died in the pre season Esbjerg game. LaCosta's injury that he never really recovered from it could be argued, and Conboy's headbutt that made him a marked man, and that he didn't learn from. Crazy to think how one seemingly meaningless pre season game could have such a...
  18. G

2014/15 signings thread [all teams]

(Deleted - posted in error). Sorry chaps.
  19. G

2014/2015 Player movement rumours

Re: 2014/2015 Rumour Thread of doom! This may have well been said elsewhere but I heard Quiney isn't coming back, going to play one of the lower leagues and also has a job outside hockey lined up apparently. Also heard there was some kind of meal or get together last Friday with Pope and Ragan...
  20. G

Big news tomorrow!

If it's a signing or something for next season to boost season ticket sales, then happy days fine by me! Just hope it's not something that's hardly worth announcing, and they're just making a big deal of it to get people in tomorrow