Sunday 6th September

Wannabe2 said:
the placid casual said:
Someone please answer my question if rugby was on would they have made allowances? i.e delayed face off, not had a game on that day? Thanks
Wales play Italy in Cardiff Sat 5th sept, the same day we play Manchester at home, does that answer your question mate.
I wasn't aware they were playing that day but that's just a warm up game Wales v Israel is one of the biggest games the Welsh football team has had for years

Finny

Thread starter #22
If we get a draw or better in Cyprus I'd say it will be the biggest game in Welsh Sport for a generation....

DevilDom

Finny said:
If we get a draw or better in Cyprus I'd say it will be the biggest game in Welsh Sport for a generation....
Exactly and that is why on this rare occasion I choose the football over the hockey. Even a loss in Cyprus makes it a big game as a win against Israel would almost seal the deal with Andora at home to come.

ASHIPP

To avoid potential low attendance..or late arrivals due to transport chaos, the Club might seriously need to reconsider a face-off delay....or a date home/away swop with the Steelers.

I personally couldn't give a monkeys about the football but I DO care that the Devils" game might suffer as a result.

Why move face off times? Yes granted big game for Wales but the Devils have a massive game against the 2014/15 Challenge Cup Runners up against the HOLDERS of the Challenge Cup!

What happens if Wales get to the semi final of the RWC 2015 on Sunday 25/10/15 fixture request that the face off is changed again?
My view is now the ice hockey fixtures are published keep face off times as indicated.

Personally speaking, I consider hockey as my number 1 sport that I follow. However I also have a Wales football tournament ticket, and there's absolutely no chance I'd choose a Devils game over this Wales game despite being a Devils season ticket holder.

I'll take the hit on the season ticket on this one and just take it on the chin that I'll miss the Devils game.

It's a shame that I'll miss the Devils but it is what it is.

Hopefully the attendance isn't adversely affected, although I suspect that it may.

pjj365

Gohabsgo said:
Personally speaking, I consider hockey as my number 1 sport that I follow. However I also have a Wales football tournament ticket, and there's absolutely no chance I'd choose a Devils game over this Wales game despite being a Devils season ticket holder.

I'll take the hit on the season ticket on this one and just take it on the chin that I'll miss the Devils game.

It's a shame that I'll miss the Devils but it is what it is.

Hopefully the attendance isn't adversely affected, although I suspect that it may.
Life is about choices we cannot expect sporting bodies to schedule around our personal references. To ensure some Devils fans can watch live hockey and a Wales international we would ask 9 non Welsh EIHL teams to accomdate us- - let's get real
Smiles is right - make your choice, take the hit but please stop complaining

voth26

the placid casual said:
Not if like me you are going to the football and going to miss the hockey, they should of planned for this when sorting out the fixture list.
Why should they have? genuine question. they are two different sports that happen to be in the same city. lets be fair roughly 2yrs ago the FAW couldn't fill the stadium even with FREE TICKETS, and nobody cared about Devils games overlapping then. Now wales are in great shape all of a sudden people expect the Devils to accommodate the FAW. sorry but why should fans who aren't interested in going to the footy be inconvenienced by changing the fo time.

voth26 said:
the placid casual said:
Not if like me you are going to the football and going to miss the hockey, they should of planned for this when sorting out the fixture list.
Why should they have? genuine question. they are two different sports that happen to be in the same city. lets be fair roughly 2yrs ago the FAW couldn't fill the stadium even with FREE TICKETS, and nobody cared about Devils games overlapping then. Now wales are in great shape all of a sudden people expect the Devils to accommodate the FAW. sorry but why should fans who aren't interested in going to the footy be inconvenienced by changing the fo time.
I have been following the welsh football team since I was a kid a long time ago now I may add, a lot of people have jumped on the bandwagon since we have started getting better as a team, there will probably be a fair few football/Devils fans going to the game who will miss out on the hockey as a result,

They have delayed face off times for welsh rugby matches in the past and nobody bats an eyelid double standards I call it, but hey ho I will miss the Steelers game and take it on the chin - as we will be playing them about 10 more times this season anyway...

BostonBart22 said:
quite right face off times or matches have been altered rightly so for the rugby, after all its the national sport of wales :)
That's it inflame the situation, I am not a rugby fan never will be but I will be going to the football and miss the Sheffield game and watch my country that I love :D

the placid casual said:
BostonBart22 said:
quite right face off times or matches have been altered rightly so for the rugby, after all its the national sport of wales :)
I will never watch that game as long as I got a hole In my ass
Same here Butt, i hate thugby. I'll watch the Wales game if the devils don't move the face off I don't care to be honest

voth26

Dai Vader said:
the placid casual said:
BostonBart22 said:
I will never watch that game as long as I got a hole In my ass
Same here Butt, i hate thugby. I'll watch the Wales game if the devils don't move the face off I don't care to be honest
And im the same as you i dont care about the welsh game, i will be in the BBT watching the sport/team i like. we both have our own choices made by ourselves. enjoy your game i know i will ;) ;)

Finny

Thread starter #40
BostonBart22 said:
But not the most popular in terms of participants, spectators or clubs.