2014/2015 Player movement rumours

Ocko

Re: 2014/2015 Rumour Thread of doom!

Matt Towe has left Braehead for an unknown EPL team. Shame we couldn't get him back here if we're losing one of ours.

Temme

Ocko said:
Matt Towe has left Braehead for an unknown EPL team. Shame we couldn't get him back here if we're losing one of ours.
He's had a great year this year there's no doubting that.

However it seems there's a few brits chasing the money into the EPIHL this off season!

Ocko

It might be time to start looking towards the EPL maybe for young British players if we are going to lose a few.

Although it didnt work for him in Sheffield, Aaron Nell may also be worth a look at for the right price.

Devil94

Interesting to see the website updated with current 2014-15 squad. 2 players on there, Matthew Myers not one of them.

zoesdevil

Devil94 said:
Interesting to see the website updated with current 2014-15 squad. 2 players on there, Matthew Myers not one of them.
I think this is because he has an option to take out the 2nd year, as he hasn't been confirmed as signing for us yet, I'm guessing this is why he isn't listed as he isn't technically a Devils player yet.

ASHIPP

Latest rumour....Craig Weller to Steelers.

Credibilty of this a bit suspect. Someone on Steeltalk claiming to know
a friend of G says it's a done deal ....apparently.

Although there is more chance of him going there than here unfortunately.

Mooney#16

Couldn't be bothered to start a thread but Slough Jets have gone to the wall. That is a real bloody nose for UK hockey. Gutted for them.

Kipper

ASHIPP said:
Latest rumour....Craig Weller to Steelers.

Credibilty of this a bit suspect. Someone on Steeltalk claiming to know
a friend of G says it's a done deal ....apparently.

Although there is more chance of him going there than here unfortunately.
As a friend of G I can honestly say that he keeps his cards close to his chest on potential player signings. He doesn't volunteer information and I have never asked him. G is very professional and I wound take this rumour with a huge pinch of salt

Temme

ALOT of speculation on Steeltalk that steeldogs are set to announce a Sheffield Steeler import as their player coach for next year.

Strong rumour that it's Jeff Legue to be announced.

This would astound me. He is a top end EIHL import, why would he drop down?!

TheStub

Temme said:
ALOT of speculation on Steeltalk that steeldogs are set to announce a Sheffield Steeler import as their player coach for next year.

Strong rumour that it's Jeff Legue to be announced.

This would astound me. He is a top end EIHL import, why would he drop down?!
He is reaching the end if his career. An EPL team as player coach would probably allow him to demand his current wage, keep his playing match fitness (therefore options) whilst gaining head coach experience on his CV.

Mooney#16 said:
Couldn't be bothered to start a thread but Slough Jets have gone to the wall. That is a real bloody nose for UK hockey. Gutted for them.
What's there Brit pack like? we could use a few ;)

voth26

Spearsy said:
Mooney#16 said:
Is that the team joe went to? could or would he come back to us???

voth26 said:
Spearsy said:
Mooney#16 said:
Is that the team joe went to? could or would he come back to us???
I believe that's where joe went. Be good to have him back :)

DevilDom

Gohabsgo said:
Ben Davies to Braehead? Grim.

Edit - That's from twitter by the way.
That would surprise me a little as i'm sure there were rumours that Finnerty and Ben didn't get on when Finnerty played for us. No disrespect to Clan but if Ben does leave I would have thought he would be looking for one of the "big 3" to further his career rather than a club in the weaker conference.

Skippy

DevilDom said:
That would surprise me a little as i'm sure there were rumours that Finnerty and Ben didn't get on when Finnerty played for us.
I've been wondering about that as well..

I guess its hard to know whats just idle rumour and whats the truth.