Sunday 6th September

Same here Butt, i hate thugby. I'll watch the Wales game if the devils don't move the face off I don't care to be honest[/quote]

And im the same as you i dont care about the welsh game, i will be in the BBT watching the sport/team i like. we both have our own choices made by ourselves. enjoy your game i know i will ;) ;)[/quote]

I think you are a wind up merchant

Lets not get into the football or rugby argument on a hockey message bored ha

But as someone posted above, it is what it is. I follow Wales home and away, and as much as I love the devils I would never miss the football, its just in the blood.

Hopefully both teams do the business on the night!

BostonBart22

if wales get to semi final of rwc on the 25 th oct , k.o. 8pm,, the home game with panthers would without doubt have an earlier f.o. time or re scheduled, thats a much bigger game than wales playing football in a group stage.

pjj365 said:
Gohabsgo said:
Personally speaking, I consider hockey as my number 1 sport that I follow. However I also have a Wales football tournament ticket, and there's absolutely no chance I'd choose a Devils game over this Wales game despite being a Devils season ticket holder.

I'll take the hit on the season ticket on this one and just take it on the chin that I'll miss the Devils game.

It's a shame that I'll miss the Devils but it is what it is.

Hopefully the attendance isn't adversely affected, although I suspect that it may.
Life is about choices we cannot expect sporting bodies to schedule around our personal references. To ensure some Devils fans can watch live hockey and a Wales international we would ask 9 non Welsh EIHL teams to accomdate us- - let's get real
Smiles is right - make your choice, take the hit but please stop complaining
Nowhere in my post am I complaining. I actually said I'll take it on the chin and miss the Devils game, It's a shame that I, along with a fair few others will miss the game, but as stated it is what it is. I was simply stating that I wouldn't miss the Wales game in favour of the Devils, and hope that the scheduling doesn't hit the Devils in the pocket at the gate as I suspect it may.

Not sure how long you've been watching the Devils, but I'm sure you're well aware that the Devils have moved games in the past to avoid a clash with not only rugby, but also Cardiff City games (premiership season immediately comes to mind).

I doubt any one would expect sports clubs to schedule around personal preference as you state, however despite what some may like to think, the Devils are the small fish in the sporting pond, in terms of media interest, popularity and finances. They would surely feel the effects of any amount of fans staying away to watch the Wales game financially one would have to think, as would any small business. What you would expect, is for a sports club in the area to have an awareness of other major events happening within the city on the same date, to minimise the potential for a loss of revenue at the gate. It's not pandering to personal choice, it's common sense.

Now maybe they have looked at it and decided they're prepared to accept any potential loss of revenue at the gate for this one off who knows, or they may very well believe that there will be no impact anyway.

Personally, if that's the case I believe they've made a huge mistake and I wouldn't be surprised if attendance is significantly affected for the game given the media hype that's going to be in overdrive in the week before. I could easily be wrong, but to simply say "stop complaining" is extremely short sighted in terms of the big picture in my opinion.

The other problem the Devils have with moving this game is the steelers have a CHL game on the Saturday 7pm so I doubt they will want to get down to cardiff for a lunchtime/1pm face off the next day, a face off after the football would have to be 7.30/8pm on a Sunday which is probably not an option

Also changing the fixture to an away one would depend on sheffield being able to get the ice time

The devils may have already looked into all of this and found there's no way around it

Tad-cu

The two recent topics, 4pm face off times and Sunday 6th September, have both shown that Devils fans are a mixed bunch - one size does not fit all!
Football and ice hockey have more in common than it appears at first glance. They are games based on invading the opponents' territory, passing and shooting to beat the goalie and score a goal. Any football fan would love ice hockey. This is shown in the number of people in the BBT wearing Cardiff City/Wales football clothing. I'm sure that like me, many Devils fans have tickets for Wales v Israel. When you follow two sports, clashes will happen. Todd and co must consider the effect on the attendance and any traffic problems and do what is best for the Devils.

Finny

Thread starter #53
BostonBart22 said:
OMG another headache brewing, cardiff city v wolves , sky live aug 22nd 5.15 ko.... devils home to brest 6 pm f.o :lol:
Devils playing at 7pm aren't they?

Earnie

I don't think Ice Hockey v Football clashes in Cardiff is a big deal for Devils management.
It's happened before and it will happen again.

We loose some and we may gain some on the day. A percentage may be ST holders anyway.

The problem is that of the individual who wants to attend both.

Koop11

In fairness though, this isn’t a standard weekend football match. This is potentially the biggest game for Welsh football in decades so its one fixture the club would have probably hoped to have avoided if possible but perhaps that’s the point – maybe they couldn’t avoid this clash.

Oh and bore off with the football v rugby arguments. Sadly it’s usually the football fans who harp on about the ‘egg chasing’ and rarely the other way around.

DevilDom

Koop11 said:
Oh and bore off with the football v rugby arguments. Sadly it’s usually the football fans who harp on about the ‘egg chasing’ and rarely the other way around.
+1

I enjoy and support Wales in both, but so many Welsh football fans do have a chip on their shoulder when comes to the rugby.

DevilDom said:
Koop11 said:
+1

I enjoy and support Wales in both, but so many Welsh football fans do have a chip on their shoulder when comes to the rugby.
Yeah and so many Welsh Rugby fans do have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to the football

Dai Vader said:
DevilDom said:
Koop11 said:
+1

Yeah and so many Welsh Rugby fans do have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to the football
I'm with you on this one Dai very very true :))