Search results

1. M

General things to reflect on for next season

Not talking about the team specifically (hence different thread) but I wonder what general lessons the management and coach will draw from the season? Although ultimately disappointing, this season will have been invaluable for a new coach such as Lord. So, based on no experience whatsoever (I...
  2. M

Scots independence

I know they may be considering issues other than ice hockey in the vote, but if there were a Yes vote today, was wondering if it would have any knock-on effects for EIHL? My first thought is no, the EIHL can have who they like in the league I guess, and if they wanted to classify independent...
  3. M

Early season trends

I've been to the four home games, but not seen the away games, so N=4 here, hardly a representative sample, but wondered if others had any thoughts on general trends they'd noticed over the games? For me I'd say on the positive side: We're a feisty bunch. Hendrikx in particular likes a scrap...
  4. M

Fife revival

Slightly lazy post, apologies, but can anyone tell me what happened with Fife? They looked dead and buried in January but if I were a betting man, I'd put them in the playoffs now ahead of us. Was there some significant change? Sorry I don't follow the other teams in detail, so it's a genuine...
  5. M

New players review

I thought be interesting to consider our new signings this season. Others will have seen the new players more than me, so I'd be interested to hear their views. Kurka - his Kurkness, the Kurkster, the Kurkerino. Scores goals, sets up play, puts in ice time, looks class. A new favourite, I've...