Fife revival

mweller

Thread starter #1
Slightly lazy post, apologies, but can anyone tell me what happened with Fife? They looked dead and buried in January but if I were a betting man, I'd put them in the playoffs now ahead of us. Was there some significant change? Sorry I don't follow the other teams in detail, so it's a genuine question. Their season reminds me of the challenge cup game against us - we demolished them in 1st period, they looked gone, and in 2nd period it was as if they'd substituted their team for the Giants and drew level. We then lost on penalties. That's our season right there.
But fairplay to the Flyers, they were down with Edinburgh at one stage and have really fought back. So just wondered if there was a particular reason behind it?

the guys really struggled for consistency in first half of season..we eventually gassed Contois who had great speed but no end product..we also gassed Pajic..It didnt help that our D had injuries to Da Costa and Hartung and Matt Nickerson had lengthy bans too...we jiggled our lines a bit and have 2 potent scoring lines now..performances of imports have mprovedbespecially reber.lucacevic and roehl..fulton has been immense all season..its just clicking well now..wish it had been all season

Finny

mweller said:
Their season reminds me of the challenge cup game against us - we demolished them in 1st period, they looked gone, and in 2nd period it was as if they'd substituted their team for the Giants and drew level. We then lost on penalties. That's our season right there.
Wasn't that the league game?

Our revival has really started since the beginning of Feb when we changed our lines and put Lukacevic, Roehl and Reber together which has given us fantastic speed on both wings and Lukacevic also has amazing skill and Roehl has so much grit, works both ends of the ice but has excellent skill too.

Loosing Nickerson for 9 games over Christmas seemed to have ruined our season but since Feb 1st the only team to take points from us is Belfast. Its still a long shot for Flyers to make the play offs but we have games against teams who seem to be lacking some confidence and our season will probably hinge on the game in Hull on Wed.

48pts was enough to get us a play off spot last season but I think if we get to 50/52 this year it will probably get the Flyers 7th and a quarter final against Dundee