2017/2018 Rumours & Offseason nonsense

Have Hope#35

I presume the unknown in Lord's recent interview with regard to Batch playing Forward is down to whether or not A.Hotham goes to Germany!? If Hotham decides to stay Batch is a Forward and if he doesn't then I assume Batch goes Back to D and we find 2/3 Import Forwards... Hopefully one of them is Asselin.

voth26

It's almost guaranteed to be Hotham who's deciding about a crack at the DEL, same thing happened last year. As much as I'd like him back I think Lord has to put a timescale on getting a definate answer so that the Devils have sufficient time to sort paperwork to bring a player in by Aug 7th. If he goes then thanks Mr Hotham for 3 amazing years, and if he stays then lets really rock this season

ASHIPP

This is just wrong

The organisation would never stop a player improving himself and go further by encouraging it.

Though it would be a huge loss he would go with everyone's blessing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely right. One of the most influential players to play in this league in recent years. We have been v lucky to have him on our team for so long. No-one would begrudge a player so gifted the chance to pursue an opportunity like that.

Am sure, as with the same situation last off-season, Lordo and TK with the owners will have discussed options at length and have a contingency plan.

If Andrew leaves, would love to see another awesome defenceman like Logan Stephenson join the team (although different style of play). He played on Matt Pope's team in Asia League last season.

Wannabe2

Everything does seem to point to Andrew Hotham leaving for Germany and if it is true, good luck to the guy.
But in reality what exactly points to Andrew leaving,
A. Some mouthy guy from up the road sort of suggests it
B. We haven't yet announced him signed, but no one else has
C. Andrew was the last signing to be announced last season
D. He is very comfortable playing and living in Cardiff
E. He like our other players are well treated, and valued
F. We don't speak funny.
G. And best of all he gets to play in front of us.
Now checking out those facts, he shouldn't have a problem turning down Pittsburgh Penguins.
Seriously though should we lose Andrew, I would be totally gutted, love him as a player, and respect him as a man. I would be the first to wish him well, if he leaves, but would be the first to be well chuffed if he returned home to Wales.
Gut feeling he chooses the Green Green Grass of Home.

Now checking out that scenario

voth26

But in reality what exactly points to Andrew leaving,
A. Some mouthy guy from up the road sort of suggests it
B. We haven't yet announced him signed, but no one else has
C. Andrew was the last signing to be announced last season
D. He is very comfortable playing and living in Cardiff
E. He like our other players are well treated, and valued
F. We don't speak funny.
G. And best of all he gets to play in front of us.
Now checking out those facts, he shouldn't have a problem turning down Pittsburgh Penguins.
Seriously though should we lose Andrew, I would be totally gutted, love him as a player, and respect him as a man. I would be the first to wish him well, if he leaves, but would be the first to be well chuffed if he returned home to Wales.
Gut feeling he chooses the Green Green Grass of Home.

Now checking out that scenario
what possibly gives the supposed rumour some credit is that Lordo himself said in an interview a few weeks back that a D man was thinking about possibly trying the DEL? And that decision would possibly decide if he went with 5 import D or not.

ASHIPP

what possibly gives the supposed rumour some credit is that Lordo himself said in an interview a few weeks back that a D man was thinking about possibly trying the DEL? And that decision would possibly decide if he went with 5 import D or not.
No getting away from the fact that Lordo did say this. And now we know that it must be one of the Hotham Brothers....simply because Fournier had already commited to next season and Big Lou was announced as returning within days of the interview with Lordo.

No-one would begrudge a player taking an opportunity like that. Will be interesting to see if the Devils go with 4 or 5 import D. The OS article on Bryce Reddick suggested another import defenceman still to be signed...perhaps , if it isn't one of Andrew or Scott, the Devils will wait to sign the right fit in a few weeks?

As for the Brummie idiot, he loves toying with speculation. Makes him feel important. The time to take any news seriously is when it appears on the Devils' OS.

Temme

Not unless he's going there as an 8th D man. Both teams have 7 top d men signed already.
Every other team in the league has 8 or 9 D men signed.

Also, the homophobic idiot has tweeted that he's received "official confirmation" that the rumour he heard isn't true.

Well it kept us on edge for most of a pretty boring Tuesday anyway!

Have Hope#35

So Simms has tweeted the following: "Received official confirmation from Cardiff that the Rumour I heard was false. Still not 100% convinced." Terry Phillips replied with: "Devils have confirmed to me rumour is false Simmsey. Be convinced!"
Seems Simmsy is once again WRONG!!!

Wannabe2

Also, the homophobic idiot has tweeted that he's received "official confirmation" that the rumour he heard isn't true.

Well it kept us on edge for most of a pretty boring Tuesday anyway![/QUOTE]

He has had confirmation from the Devils that the rumour ain't true, and he still don't believe it, wonder if I told him my house has 3 bedrooms he would believe that.

pjj365

Well it kept us on edge for most of a pretty boring Tuesday anyway!
He has had confirmation from the Devils that the rumour ain't true, and he still don't believe it, wonder if I told him my house has 3 bedrooms he would believe that.[/QUOTE]
Nah - he's an estate agent remember. He'd try and sell it as 4 bedroom