Who next?

ASHIPP

Key to being able to roll 4 strong balanced forward lines is to have depth in British players. To ignore the fact that 3 of the top teams have already commited to that next season would be a catastrophic mistake if the Devils are focused on competing let alone winning anything.

No player is indispensible but I would say that Matthew is definitely in a strong position here if he wants to continue to play at this level. Strong, experienced British forwards will only benefit the roster and give options.

The Devils need a player like Matthew more than he needs them. Let's hope hurdles can be overcome if negotiations are happening.

In simple terms. The Devils need a high end Brit forward to compete this year and Mathew is returning to live in Cardiff.
When put like that it seems simple. I know it's not quite that straight forward, but is so blindingly obvious that this deal should get done, let's hope everyone concerned can get together and sort it.

Electro

The owners have made comments concerning players and financials. For the right guy the money is there.

Lordo makes no secret in the type of player he wants in the team.

Myers left to go to Nottingham, been there a yr now wants back.

I don't believe the Devils need him, no club needs a player, all are expendable.

RTfarty

Electro said:
I don't believe the Devils need him, no club needs a player, all are expendable.
They could do a lot worse! Myers was consistently one of the best players on the ice whenever I saw Devils v Nottingham this season just gone.

I would not hesitate to sign him, provided he's motivated and actually wants to play here.

wildthing74

Electro said:
The owners have made comments concerning players and financials. For the right guy the money is there.

Don't agree maybe imports are expendable but the pool of top end Brits is so small that you can't replace some of them with a suitable player.How would we replace Bowns?

ASHIPP

Electro said:
Would love to know how the Devils are going to roll 4 strong forward lines without the addition of strong experienced British players to offer depth.
If they do decide to go with 3 lines next season( no matter how good the imports are) then it's going to be v hard to compete with the top 3 teams who are already commiting to rolling 4 lines. We saw what happened in the CC Final. Panthers' 4th line made the difference.

They do need British forwards to give them options. Just naive to think otherwise.

terry hunt

There is another option for him if he wants to of course.

Coventry is a fairly short drive from Cardiff and there are old GB mates of his playing there.

The emotion in all of this "could" be genuine and if it is he clearly wants to return to Cardiff.

The problem in all of this is we dont know what went on last year between Myers and TK.

Its not always that easy to kiss and make up.

I seem to remember that Mychan and Clarkson were very unhappy when they didnt get resigned.

I would like to see Myers back as he is by far the best Brit forward available.

James

Administrator
Players are professionals. I'd hope they don't hold grudges if they don't get re-signed. It's part and parcel of the game.

Wannabe2

Hope Matty is back, excellent player, local lad, it would be a great call for both parties, Mathew should be seeing his career out with his home town. Fingers crossed.

jimmy snels

Thread starter #50
No brainer for me. Although not being an import immediately makes him "less fancy" he's a better than two of our three centres from last year and better at winning faceoffs than all of them. Brings it every night and doesn't bottle it hence his trophy cabinet. He would be 2nd or 3rd line centre and we won't need to carry 'spare' imports.

Electro

So there is a small pot of British players to choose from, the team that signs the best within that pool of talent is the one most likely to win the silverware.

I guess the players, agents or whoever their using in the negotiations must be putting one hell of a contract together for those guys.

Electro

James said:
Players are professionals. I'd hope they don't hold grudges if they don't get re-signed. It's part and parcel of the game.
They're also human, many "professionals" in reality can make very poor humans.

It's why I'm so cynical, I've witnessed many "professional" people have two faces depending on who their dealing with at the time or for whatever agenda.

Wannabe2

Electro said:
So there is a small pot of British players to choose from, the team that signs the best within that pool of talent is the one most likely to win the silverware.

I guess the players, agents or whoever their using in the negotiations must be putting one hell of a contract together for those guys.
Just like whoever signed the Coopers won the league.
Bowns best British Nettie in the league
Ritchie best British D Man in the league
Batchy toughest and most improved British D Man in the league
Matty best face off British player in the league.
Happy Hockey Days

jimmy snels

Thread starter #55
Devil_Abroad said:
What's carrying 'spare' imports to do with signing a Brit? I don't understand

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What i mean is myers as a brit can play regardless of suspensions to other team members and won't have to be rotated like if you carry a spare import and that extra import quality player is on the ice every night which is huge IMO. Absolute no brainer

Devil_Abroad

I'm sure on a thread in here someone listed quite a few Brits playing over the pond at present so there is talent available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ibbz9

The kid Kieran Brown is an incredible talent. If his attitude and progress remains at the level he is on, I would say he is genuine NHL prospect. His numbers and level exceeds both Perlini boys at this age. Time will tell.

Temme

Electro said:
James said:
They're also human, many "professionals" in reality can make very poor humans.

It's why I'm so cynical, I've witnessed many "professional" people have two faces depending on who their dealing with at the time or for whatever agenda.

Indeed these people are professionals and they will make their decision based on all these factors.

If Mosienko and Moose can play on the same team together next year then I'm sure whatever spat (IF there ever was one...) between Myers & Devils will be easily resolved.