who do you want back?

DevilDom

Tyke Devil said:
DevilDom said:
Out of the imports i would take Marsh. Kurka already signed so ok but i want the kurka from first 5 games not the coasting Kurka from recents weeks. The rest can go back to Hicksville.
Bit harsh on Kurka maybe?....from what I understand he had been very poorly and to my mind wasn't fully fit when he returned. I think his overall numbers suggest he has done very well.

I also understand that he has a fantastic work ethic and lives and breathes Ice Hockey on and off the ice. "A complete professional" or words to that effect have been relayed to me.

Absolutley agree with you on Marsh. If Faulks does not retire (as some rumours suggest) I would try and bring him back.

Plus let's have some stability in the coaching and let that coach bring in his own players. Whis will have seen enough of what we have had this year to make his own judgement.

For the majority of teams in this league you are only two or three players away from having a successful side. Get the recruitment and mix right and you will do well...get them wrong and you will stuggle.

Most important player....the netminder. I think we had a good one. Just plain bad luck what happened. You are not going to win anything having 5 or 6 netminders playing for you over a season. Just need a bit of luck on that score next year!
I like Kurka, but think his game dropped off after the first few weeks even before he got ill. No doubt he is a highly skilled player and when he plays at the top of his game is possibly the best player in the league. The problem is there is no point having a player like him if he has to lower his game to match those around him. If we can sign players to play on his level then great.

Having cleared my head a bit from last night i would also keep Mac & Mark Smith from the imports and most if not all the Brits, however if we have to save money is this area for better imports i wouldn't be that disappointed if Myers went.

ASHIPP

It's always nice to dream about which players we would like to return but in reality we're kidding ourselves we will see any more of the consistent ones back. Fully exppect them to be playing for other teams or retiring from the game.

kettdevil1

Always amazed that Mark Smith doesn't figure more in these lists...... Insanely brave and puts his body on huge line again and again. Would snap hi up every year.

Sheincar

kettdevil1 said:
Always amazed that Mark Smith doesn't figure more in these lists...... Insanely brave and puts his body on huge line again and again. Would snap hi up every year.
Agreed BUT he's suffered significant injuries last few seasons which makes him a doubt to me.

ASHIPP

Sheincar said:
kettdevil1 said:
Agreed BUT he's suffered significant injuries last few seasons which makes him a doubt to me.
Smithy would be one of the first names down on the list....so reliable and an excellent team player. He's as much a fixture on the roster as Maxi! Despite his injuries he is still a big asset....noticably missed when not there.

Am so hoping Whis can persuade him to continue playing for the red,black and white.
:?

I wouldn't say they were significant injuries myself... A minor shoulder strain, going into the boards face first (perhaps from losing an edge on his unsharpened skates) oh and he went home for family reasons at the start of the year didn't he!? Don't think that should be classed as an injury...

Many good names and reasons mentioned already, One I would like to see back that I don't think has been said is Rama. He was clearly not in the right place for the game when he joined us, I think just to long out the game. But for me its not what he has got wrong, but what he gets right and the improvements made week on week. If he had spent last off season preparing to play at this level I think he would have a few more fans here in Cardiff. For that reason I would like to see what he can do next year. I also imagine Rama is a low cost player, freeing some limited resource up to be directed elsewhere.

These top 5 guys need to be signed at all costs:
Lord
Faulkner
Davies
Marsh
Richardson

These are the others I would be happy to see back:
M Smith
Kosowski
Kurka (already confirmed)
Plumton
Maxi (2nd line)

Happy with all the brits but like people have said if we need to free up cash for imports, Myers has looked a shadow of the guy I saw playing for Nottingham (I believe he's here on a 2 year deal though) I have listed Davies and Ritchie as I think it's imperative that we retain these two.

What we need: a tough guy (Colt King type), a playmaker (Chris Blight type) and a sniper (Jon Pelle type).

I would be pleasantly surprised if we retain Faulkner, Smith, Marsh and Birbraer, though word is that Smith is off to Braehead and the others are retiring. I at least hope if they don't re-sign here, they do not follow G to Sheffield (Has he been confirmed for next season yet?)

ASHIPP

Our most consistent players are those that I hope the Club will fight tooth and nail to keep.

Key signatures for me are:

British:
Mark Richardson
Ben Davies

Imports:
Mac Faulkner(assuming Mac not retiring)
Tyson Marsh
Kamil Kosowski
Andrew Lord
Mark Smith

Have Hope#35

scottydoesntknow said:
Lord
Faulkner
Davies
Marsh
Richardson

M Smith
Kosowski
Plumton
Maxi (2nd line)

Happy with all the brits but like people have said if we need to free up cash for imports, Myers has looked a shadow of the guy I saw playing for Nottingham (I believe he's here on a 2 year deal though) I have listed Davies and Ritchie as I think it's imperative that we retain these two.

What we need: a tough guy (Colt King type), a playmaker (Chris Blight type) and a sniper (Jon Pelle type).

I would be pleasantly surprised if we retain Faulkner, Smith, Marsh and Birbraer, though word is that Smith is off to Braehead and the others are retiring. I at least hope if they don't re-sign here, they do not follow G to Sheffield (Has he been confirmed for next season yet?)
Myers and Kurka are the two names on the 2014-15 Roster on Elite Prospects so he must have signed a two year contract! Whether or not he honours that is a different question? http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=205
As for who I'd want back... All of the Brits as I don't think there will be any better Brits available, specifically Ben Davies and Mark Richardson!
Of our Imports the two essential players for me are Tyson Marsh and Andrew Lord... Also Mac Faulkner if he's not retiring!

Have Hope#35 said:
scottydoesntknow said:
Lord
Faulkner
Davies
Marsh
Richardson

M Smith
Kosowski
Plumton
Maxi (2nd line)

Myers and Kurka are the two names on the 2014-15 Roster on Elite Prospects so he must have signed a two year contract! Whether or not he honours that is a different question? http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=205
As for who I'd want back... All of the Brits as I don't think there will be any better Brits available, specifically Ben Davies and Mark Richardson!
Of our Imports the two essential players for me are Tyson Marsh and Andrew Lord... Also Mac Faulkner if he's not retiring!

I take care of the EIHL Elite Prospects page online.
Only left those 2 in for next year's roster as Kurka (apparently) signed a 2 year deal and Myers was already signed up for 14/15 before i've taken over... But never seen anything really...

Ocko

The only player import I think we would struggle to replace is Marsh.

No other import should be kept at all costs, if they fit in with the systems Whis wishes to use fair enough but for every Faulkner there was a Matzka before him who we thought we couldnt replace and we did.

For the majority it is just plain emotion on the fans behalf wanting them back. Whilst I wouldnt object to any one of the players coming back, the pool of players worldwide is huge and every import is replaceable. I said Tyson is the only one we wouldnt because he is the sort of big and strong D man (and mobile) we have lacked for years and always have a problem finding.

This isnt a slight on any of the 13/14 roster and I get the importance of some players for reasons other than hockey, but in a hockey sense there are others out there who could do at least an equal job.

If I could pick one player in the league I'd want playing for Devils, it would be Keefe. Someone who can play, score, hit, fight and look after team mates. He's one of those players you hate when he's playing against your team but a player you would love to lead your team.

Skippy

benh84 said:
If I could pick one player in the league I'd want playing for Devils, it would be Keefe. Someone who can play, score, hit, fight and look after team mates. He's one of those players you hate when he's playing against your team but a player you would love to lead your team.
Agreed.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Conboy - no thanks - said at the time would swap him in a heartbeat for Salters - who has gone on to play 58 games with 58 points at roughly 2mins penalties per point until tonight - and so far tonight he has 2 assists and no penalties against the Giants. Conboy would be a liability, whereas Salters is a top 20 points gatherer and a real presence on the ice at 6.04 and 225lbs.
Would be great to see him in a Devils shirt next season.