Where is Lucy Fur?

ASHIPP

I am suprised that the Club haven't seen the full potential of Lucy. Go on many of the North American team websites and they are offering their mascot for a range of community and corporate events.

Virtually every team in the EIHL has a mascot and infact, I believe last year there was an article in the Echo about well-known Welsh sporting mascots (on a competition, I think).......Lucy was one of them and they were all photographed together. She is a recognised and loved mascot! :D

I am an optimist that someone from the Club is reading this and thinking up some great ideas for her. :?

Jones72

floridadevil said:
running the risk of being flamed to death,but i think people realy need a big reality check here
Got to say I'm surprised at 5 pages of discussion on this.

Out of interest are any of the other Elite League mascots salaried?

"McMorrow?" :lol: :lol:

I love Lucy Fur and I'm gutted we wont be seeing her about any more. Thanks for all the effort and high fives! She is truly missed by all and i hope the club can look into finding a solution to this and getting her back. Even if its not every game.

I don't know exactly the extent of her role outside of Hockey nights but one Saturday i saw her outside topshop on Queen Street... I think! :shock:

Jones72

Mark666 said:
"McMorrow?" :lol: :lol:

I love Lucy Fur and I'm gutted we wont be seeing her about any more. Thanks for all the effort and high fives! She is truly missed by all and i hope the club can look into finding a solution to this and getting her back. Even if its not every game.

I don't know exactly the extent of her role outside of Hockey nights but one Saturday i saw her outside topshop on Queen Street... I think! :shock:
Can you be paid for shopping?

I knew i was in the wrong profession. I'm gunna tell my kids not to bother with their GCSE's and get into the mascot game if thats the money on offer.

TheStub

pj_blaze said:
I knew i was in the wrong profession. I'm gunna tell my kids not to bother with their GCSE's and get into the mascot game if thats the money on offer.
More indicative of the potential money to be raised ;)

Let's be honest, we would probably expect the wage to be lower. But there are plenty of revenue streams. A Lucy Fur club? Y'know, an annual fee and you get a birthday card and an email type thing.

TheStub said:
pj_blaze said:
More indicative of the potential money to be raised ;)

Let's be honest, we would probably expect the wage to be lower. But there are plenty of revenue streams. A Lucy Fur club? Y'know, an annual fee and you get a birthday card and an email type thing.
So we get to the real point, you just want a birthday card from Lucy Fur lol ;)

ASHIPP

Let's hear it for Lucy! She was back last night - although in a slightly shorter incarnation I think! ;) Good to see you can still dance, Luce! Keep the high fives and 'the Ayatollah' going, we love it. :cool:
p.s. do you think the Domino's pizza winners thought you were going to keep it for yourself? :lol:

Gospel

very nice to see Lucy back. Took my niece to the game and it was the first time she had seen Lucy and she was just looking out for her the whole game!

Keep it going :D

TheStub

Nice to see her back, obviously nursing an injury. Let's hope she gets back to full strength and dynamism soon.

Can I request less Bluebirds dances too. You lost, live with it :p

rachel out of all the mascots i've seen over the years in any sport you were the best.
you really brought hockey night in cardiff alive with taunts to the oppositions especially net minders and kids/adults alike loved you for it + the dancing etc.
although a replacement has been found and is doing a good job i'm sure many will agree you were the best and will be hard to match what you brought to the tent.
all the best for the future and if you ever suit up again remember you promised me a dance on the steps that i'm still waiting for ;)