Where is Lucy Fur?

hi all, in answer to the question of a back up - there isnt one :-( but in honesty im usually able to sort it out but like i said theres not many games i wont be able to make x x x x - thank you guys for all your support x x x

Re:

matthedevil said:
Wouldnt anyone be intrested in doing a whip round at games to make it a full time job im sure we could raise a good amount of money top pay for it ?
That idea is all well and good but what's the poor girl going to do for the off-season.

You have to put yourself first Lucy, and the job that pays the bills takes priority. We are all missing you though, it's not as much fun without you.

TheStub

Re: Re: Re:

phil PLT said:
matthedevil said:
Wouldnt anyone be intrested in doing a whip round at games to make it a full time job im sure we could raise a good amount of money top pay for it ?
That idea is all well and good but what's the poor girl going to do for the off-season.
If you raise enough, then you can give it back over the year. If you can raise £1k per home game, that should be about £25k in the mascot coffers.

And I still think the "Lucy Fur sponsered by" idea could be a goer

If half the people give a pound then it should work ok would have to have enough people to help collect and two people to be in control of finances im sure it could work out the reason i said 2 is could open a bank account that needs two signatures to withdraw money maybe lucy herself could help promote this ?

osh

Re: Re: Re:

TheStub said:
phil PLT said:
matthedevil said:
If you raise enough, then you can give it back over the year. If you can raise £1k per home game, that should be about £25k in the mascot coffers.

And I still think the "Lucy Fur sponsered by" idea could be a goer

All very honourable and well meaning, however, if you think it would be that easy to raise £25K, and I say the following with absolutely no disrespect to Lucy or her situation, surely it would be better to help the club with that sort of money going towards any shortfall in bringing in another or higher class import or dare I say it, perhaps it could go towards better travel arrangements (flights and accommodation in Scotland for example !! )

TheStub

I agree, but you would probably find a bucket to keep Lucy dancing would have more change in it than a pay players flights one.

Most fans see transport the responsibility of the club, but Lucy is Lucy.

Not saying either would actually work. Plus I have know idea what Lucy does out of the suit, and if she would want to be a professional mascot. Can't see it offering great career potential.

osh

Have to agree with you Stub, its just my business mind ruling my heart if you know what I mean and certainly no slight on Lucy who I think is a big plus for the Devils, she interacts well with the crowd, the DJ, and of course the kids love her as she is always so approachable.

TheStub

Although you could argue that a full time mascot is an investment. I haven't a clue what mascot would demand in salary, but £25k should cover it plus running costs... and you get the full time use of a mascot for promotion and another body to help with general promotion office activities.

You could build the Lucy Fur brand and use it to promote the team.

I'm a bit of a dreamer at times :lol:

I have to say guys that if it was a full time Job that covered my bills and I knew was safe then I would jump at the chance.

Being Lucy is what I love doing. I have to say and I know that I have said it before but all the support of the fans is awesome Im so overwhelmed by it.

I love making people happy and interacting with the crowds. I would love to also promote the club. If it was my full time job even through the off Season there are loads of things that you can do to find work for the club. you can have childrens parties with Lucy etc, visit schools and be a role model for kids. There are tons of things that you can do to for sponsorship - for example when you have meets to bring on a sponsor on board you can take Lucy and ive them a taste of the atmosphere. you can do kids excersize classes or skate with lucy - play hockey with lucy lessons etc. Also Lucy is a very good way to advertise for games.

I dont know how viable it is but I know that when I work I put 110% into everything I do. Lucy Fur has been a big part of my life and trust me I hate not being able to do this.

Well if it was feesable would mean that I could give up my job and commit 100% that's for sure. That would mean I'd be free to do all the work that they could use Lucy fur for.

TheStub

Re: Re:

matthedevil said:
25000 would be alot thats about 400 a week after tax definately something to look into though :)
Just remember that employing someone cost a company more than the salary. So £24k raised would probably be closer to a £20k salary.

Fair enough im not saying it wasnt worth it just working out the wages roughly next thing is would the club allow collections for it? Also why not collect under the inferno so lucy would infact be employed by the inferno ?

I think it would be hard to get people to commit, but if it was viable it would be better to collect it in one rather than chasing people for their quid every game wouldn't it?

I don't know about employment law but it would have to be done correctly, don't know the best option really. Doubt the club will want to put her on their payroll, they'd have to give her a contract of employment then and if I was Lucy I'd want long term commitment not season by season, year by year and I'm not sure they'd want that commitment.

Personally I think it should be included in the business plan of the club, same as travel and accomm for the players etc to come under the heading of marketing/promotion

osh said:
and of course the kids love her as she is always so approachable.
Couldn't she sell signed pictures on a game night to cover her expenses? I've seen it done in theme parks where kids queue up to have their picture taken with various characters, why not do some sums and find out how much a 7 x 10 picture would cost to produce and balance that out against Lucys outgoings. We might not get to see her every game because of her existing job but some Lucy is better than no Lucy surely.