Where is Lucy Fur?

ASHIPP

BBW said:
Where is Lucy? I haven't seen much of her this season.
Just like the netminders, doesn't the Club have a backup? :lol: She is being missed around the arena - by kids and adults alike. ;)

I believe "Lucy" is on tour with Holiday on Ice. Think we need someone new to adopt the mantel (or costume!!) in her absence!!

Russky

Well Lucy Fur may have retired for the time being! The club pay her a miserly fee to doing it and yet demand 100% commitment from her! Unfortunately she cant commit to this due to her 'PROPER' everyday work job commitments wont let her. I think the club is being very shortsighted on this and has to understand that they arent the only employer! Lucy Fur does have a day job that pays her bills so surely that has to be her number 1 commitment! Having said that there is only 1 Lucy fur and no other mascot or anyone in that costume will come up to scratch!

Hi All,

Lucy Fur here - I am really sorry that I am not there - I really miss you all. It was a very hard decision. You wouldn’t believe this but I have had many of sleepless nights because of this.

Basically for the last 3 years I have been doing this as a voluntary Job. I know it may not look expensive to do but I can assure you if I could carry on doing this job or had the moneys to do so I would. I love all the fans and also love being Lucy Fur.

I brought this to the attention of the Devils and they went away to see if they could help. They came back with the following offer - £20 a game but I have to commit to every game. I am really grateful that they have tried to help but I have a mortgage and bills that have to be my priority and my main job (although they are flexible) does have me working the weekends. My main job knows how much this means to me - however I do have to work weekend and where they will do their hardest to help I can’t guarantee that I can always be there. So I have let the devils know that I can’t commit to every single game.

Once again I am really sorry and if it meant that they could help me out and I could attend as many games as I possibly could then I would come back in a flash.

Hope you all take care

Thank you all for caring so much - it really means alot. Like I said I love being lucy fur - I dont go for the game - I turn up to make the fans happy and also more importantly the kiddies happy. If I had the money to carry on doing it then I would but its come to the point where its just not feesable. I work stupid hours as it is to try and pay the bills.

As for the stewards - I didnt know they got free tickets! WOW that is a shocker. To think I go all out and nearly make my self ill through doing it lol :roll: and for free ;) .

Nevermind tho - hopefully Ill be back but as it stands at the moment its not looking good.

Cheers for all the support tho - I really do appreciate it. All the fans have been sooooo good to me. Miss you all.

Russky

Finny said:
Sheincar said:
Given that most of the flashes are at the bar end of the rink my guess is Paul can see them!! Just what are stewards' instructions for a game night?
I believe they are now to keep their eyes on me all night. So if anyone is planning on using a camera with a flash on it in block 3 - you'll be lucky!

Hey Finny are you planning to go to the Belfast game next sunday, i understand your mate Hicksy might be there?

Lucy Fur, I hope you will be back at the rink soon, the place is not the same without you!

TheStub

Finny said:
I think we all agree Russky that it's a shame that Lucy Fur isn't able to appear at every game. But as she said herself, her bills and therefore her job must come first and that unfortunately means she can no longer make the games.

The only solution would be for the club to make her role as a mascot a full time job. Seeing as people already complain we have too many office staff - I think we will all agree that just isn't a viable solution.
But not actually that bad an idea. I'm not sure how much the current Lucy would need to take up full time mascot duties, but if we could get someone on a part time or full time basis it would open up the use of the "mascot" for promotional use - and provide another body.

Plus, remember that the mascot is something you could sell sponsorship for - far more than say Paul or Simon. We could then have a full weeks of Lucy visiting schools. Even Lucy hosting viewing evenings when we play any of the teams that provide a live stream. Not saying that this would be a financially viable solution, but maybe not as far off as we may think.

rocketbob

Thanks for all of your efforts Lucy. You are missed at the rink, but I am sure everyone will totally understand that you have to put your own job first (especially in this economic climate).

Thanks guys.

Like I said - more than happy to come back and Im sure ill be able to make most of the games but there are gonna be a few on saturdays or in the week games that may be sticky if I cant arrange to swop in work.

All of your support has been amazing and I am really greatful. Lets hope that if its not me the next mascot can be as good if not better.

There are sooo many ideas that I have they can use to sell the mascot. Soooo many avenues you can pursue but its having the time and the money - In the past I have used my holidays from work and even swopped my days off. If I can do it I do it. But its come to the point where having to cover all my travel costs etc... plus washing the suit every week and drying it - the costs do add up. Even the first 2 years as a mascot if I were to go up to the playoffs I have to cover all my travel expenses and also hotel costs and its just mounted up. I have to say though last year the devils were very good to me and covered that. I was even given a pass to the box. All in all it has been improving.

Russky

A big thank you to Lucy Fur, for all you have done to make Game nights such an event to look forward to and be part of!! YOU WILL BE MISSED! :(

You will be missed, nobody will be able to dance like you, you really bring out the character of Lucy Fur x I think someone filled in before and you could tell it wasn't you :D

I think everyones feeling the crunch, I'm picking and choosing games I go to, as you say its not just the ticket price its the travel too, then if hicks is ref you've had it really and you wish you hadn't bothered :lol:

ASHIPP

Lucy - a question. Is there the possibility of another of your fork-tongued, red furry friends helping out when you can't make it to games? Or doesn't the club have a backup on its books?

P.s. Totally understandable that you have to put your own work first - we just wanted you to know how much you are missed. :(

Wouldnt anyone be intrested in doing a whip round at games to make it a full time job im sure we could raise a good amount of money top pay for it ?