Where have our fans gone?

I know this is not indicative of everyone's experience, but as a mad hockey fan I've dragged most of my mates up to the BBT one by one to keep me company (they're all non hockey fans), and each and every one of them have enjoyed the game but are put off coming back due to the facility. Embarrassing was how one described it. Not exactly a great arena to showcase your product.

This is very old ground I'm sure though and not the club's fault.

DevilDom

Thread starter #62
With regards the Saturday / Sunday argument - I definitely prefer Sundays and it was Sunday games that originally got me into watching. The simple reason why - there is not much else to do on a Sunday evening. Now I'm hooked I go to nearly all games regardless but Saturday's do often prove difficult due to other commitments and I will undoubtly miss some games because of it. There is so much more going on and other events etc. to drag people away.

I think icket price is a big factor and despite being a season ticket holder would love to see more ticket offers / mini season ticket offers or flex tickets. An empty seat makes no money for the club.

I do also agree that a lot of games have been a bit dull this year. I still haven't worked out why I think this and whether i'm unfairly comparing this team to last years but the hockey and games has defintely been less exciting.

Personally, Sunday games at 6pm are the best.
As said, there's nothing else to do then and it's a nice way to finish the weekend (helps that 'Sunday feeling'.)
Also, as a shift worker, when working days I can get to the game after work and when working nights, before work.
Surely 6pm starts are early enough for the kids too?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.628537,-3.989379
Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

DevilDom

Thread starter #64
Perhaps a poll on here or questionnaire on the Sunday or Saturday issue would be useful to the club for the future? My perception is that Sunday's are preferable to the majority but that may just be the mouthy minority!

Simple answer from me, I can't afford it anymore

25 mile round trip I know many fans will travel further but I simple can't afford the extra petrol tbh, I need to get to work through the week and the extra journey down there is too much

to buy the ticket on top then, I just can't afford it

august04

The fanbase is still there, just check out the number of tickets sold for the next Hull game (which is part of the Groupon deal) and the previous Groupon game v Dundee. I'm not advocating tickets as cheap as that deal, but if they're priced more sensibly in these tough economic times, people will come. £16/£17.50 to watch a mid-table team in a sub-standard facility is simply too expensive. If we're contending for the league title, like last year, then you will always see an increase in numbers for every game despite the pricing but sadly, that doesn't look like being the case this year.

why are we fed up, only good fun last game our baseball goal . we were out played. out shot, and out shouted by sixty or so of the north fans, the time was the devils played a game home or away you knew the team would do its best,not now,some do their best others here for the ride, new fans could some one tell them ,we do make noise ,and tutting about it will not stop us. fans in breaks did not know how we won the last three games pure luck.......no one thought we would win. and now we are down one more player,great,,,,,belfast games returning teams should have the next day off ,also applys to belfast returns ,,,,,our rink washed my hands in toilet penarth side. tap came away in my hand,new fans will enjoy this,and the best , thank you to the man and his baby who stole my daughters seat behind home goal she is almost blind 80 per cnt and your baby was tired sorry ,no im not, just glad i am abroad till the shuff chall game. pr and g we need something done. very soon,we long term fans deserve better thanks

im sure if you would have asked a steward they would have got you a chair there is plenty there?

And i think you will find the gentle man was there long before the lady arrive and did not take her seat as i actulally got the seat for him from thee bar end !

no way my daughter had sat there for two periods went to toilet drinks left on wall in front of here chair came back and found a steward had given her seat to this man because he was his pal,my self and my wife sit in main blocks because some stewards dont want carers down below i did not know about this event till i had left the rink if i did stewerd and man would be hanging from time clock il say no more apart from steward knew seat was taken,,,,

if you talking of the big guy over towards the zamboni side its acually my son who was asleep and they were there from well before doors opened as i was working along side them? think facts need to be checked before people go accusing others !

any problems with the seating arrangement please feel free to come see myself in person (i dont bite) sure me or jason the head steward can assist you !

as we were the first persons in rink from st entree i do not think my daughter was not sat in chair ,.she was sat down 15to 20 mins before warm up, head steward has always helped in past thank you , but please staff should know who normally use the places and he told man he could sit in a occupied seat.

concidering i work at the rink and the guy with the small child (my son) came in at 4p/m with myself i do find it hard to believe and i was actually there end or debate not once did we say she wasnt in her chair all im saying is the guy with the baby certainlly didnt take the chair !!!!as he came with me !!!hope this clears up the childish banter !!!now back to original thread !!!! please feel free to pm me if you have any further issues!

I am a steward and work by the Zamboni entrance by Mark and the away fans. I gave the seat to your daughter on Sunday evening when she asked for a chair .

I can confirm the same as mark that the man and boy were sat there ages before face off unless we are thinking about different people.

Stewards are told that disabled people can sit there with one person.

People with pushchairs can sit the other side.

I am sure if this had been raised to a steward at that end on the night we would of sorted situation for you.