Walton

KaneDevils

I'm not sure as results have ever been in question. Any team can beat any team. It's the level of performance that has, just a few times, been raised. In particular the recent 2-0 loss in Belfast, and the 1-3 defeat at home to the clan. If we lose, we go down fighting, or, we don't lose. Isn't that what the standard should be? As a devils fan, I've always believed that to be the minimum requirement.

fridaysfingers said:
One more thing, does anybody actually know about the insurance situation with regards to injuries?
I can vaguely recall from previous discussions that the premiums involved are prohibitive to most, if not all, clubs in this league. The clubs therefore gamble, for want of a better word, on not picking up any major injuries. One or two players wages for a season are normally less than the cost of insuring the whole team against injury. The only problem with this of course, is when a team suffers a raft of injuries, such as we have several times in the past and the wages outweigh the premiums. Unfortunately, that is a chance every club takes.
As for Mr. Walton, of course the club should, and I have no doubt will, look after him properly both medically and financially. That is not to say that he cannot be "replaced" from a playing perspective. If the worse case scenario unfolds and we have lost Brent and Tyson, I wouldn't mind seeing a new forward. We have Mark Smith as defensive cover and Chris Culligan is as accomplished in defence as he is going forward. A good face-off guy who can put a few dozen points up isn't too much to ask is it ?

Glad the Devils are keeping him on, the guy has presence in the locker room, and lifts spirits! thats a role on the team itself before you even get on the ice!

Would be good if we could get a giant card and get people to sign it, or even have a small collection for him and his family?

Oh so here we go again!!
We lose 2 games and people are calling for everyone's head!!

I knew this would happen and that's why i stuck by what i have said.
I love the devils but some fans are just comical,

Who am I to judge hey. :lol:

We will be posting our interview with him from the recent game so if you missed the stream you can catch the interview with him tomorrow! :)

mazza03

Rabbitohs4 said:
Oh so here we go again!!

It's not the fact that we lost, not at all. It's the way we lost. :cry:

Ocko

Rabbitohs4 said:
Oh so here we go again!!

I dont think many posters disagreed that we'd need a new player or two, and almost all have and will welcome them.

What people had an issue with is that you wanted it at the expense of Walton. That didnt and hasn't changed, I haven't seen anyone post anything to alter that. Thankfully the club didnt think like you either and he is still being kept on.

Wannabe2

You most certainly don't give someone the elbow if they get injured working for you, well our past owners would have, that's why we never won anything.

Rabbitohs4 said:
Oh so here we go again!!

Who am I to judge hey. [emoji38]
You suggested gassing Walton. Get off your high horse mate. You can dress it up all you like but you suggested gassing an injured player and seem suprised you got flamed...

I've been fairly vocal in my disappointment in performances but I can't see where the logic would be in dropping him and damaging our reputation to the point of not being able to get a suitable replacement.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk