Walton

ASHIPP

Todd states in yesterday's match programme that Brent's op and recovery arw taking longer than expected. He will be out for the foreseeable future. Got to feel for him..must be frustrating.

ASHIPP

The right decision under the circumstances. His recovery was slow and indefinite.Couldn't have been easy for him at the Club. He can go home with his family and recoup in Canada.

Thankyou to Brent for all his efforts at the Devils and best wishes for a full recovery.

Ocko

ASHIPP said:
The right decision under the circumstances. His recovery was slow and indefinite.Couldn't have been easy for him at the Club. He can go home with his family and recoup in Canada.

Thankyou to Brent for all his efforts at the Devils and best wishes for a full recovery.
What decision? There is no decision it just says he won't gain fitness this season. He isn't released or quitting. He isn't going back to Canada either, he 'will be around to help the Cardiff Devils in any way he can', which is fantastic of him.

Wannabe2

What a huge loss, Walton is a great player and is and will be sadly missed. I loved watching this guy play, his goals are irreplaceable. Wish you all the best Brent ( wish your name was different mind you ) :lol:

pjj365

I love gossip when it is not clouded by facts.

Brent has tweeted he is around to help the Devils for the rest of the season. This, obviously, might change but that is the fact today

BostonBart22

real shame this news today, fantastic player, always gave 110% hope for a speedy recovery and be back in a devils shirt at the IAW next season , good luck brent. :( :( :(

august04

Well, he studied in Cardiff didn't he, so let's put his education to good use if he's staying here. I'm sure the Devils organisation would benefit in terms of business/marketing/dealing with sponsors etc., while he's out.

wildthing74

Gutted for Wally after he has worked so hard to be in tip top shape ahead of this season. I think at this stage of his career he may have to look beyond playing and might have to accept the body can only take so much :(

It's fantastic that the club are going to utilise him as much as possible and he can still have an impact on the team off ice.Guys like Wally are worth their weight in gold as aside from his obvious skills and goalscoring ability being such a character means he's a great team mate and keeps the boys loose in the room.In the intense world of pro sports you needs guys that can lift spirits and make people smile and he has that skill in spades.

I hope if he does have to concede defeat this season in his battle to recover he can stick around to play his part in the team and as been mentioned he's a switched on guy with a business qualification and I'm sure that could be put to good use.

Good on Walton if he wants to help Devils in whatever way he can!!
But release him from the roster and get a new player to strengthen the squad is a no brainier.
Got to have cover so why not :)

Gutting to see Walton out... Wishing him a speedy recovery and hopefully see him back in a Devils jersey next season, although, I do think his playing days are now numbered

Ocko

Rabbitohs4 said:
Good on Walton if he wants to help Devils in whatever way he can!!
But release him from the roster and get a new player to strengthen the squad is a no brainier.
Got to have cover so why not :)
We won't have to 'release him from the roster' unless he wishes to play for another team. He needs to remain part of this team and have his contract honoured. If we can't afford another player because of Walton's wages I'd prefer us not have another player.

jimmy snels

Thread starter #20
Rabbitohs4 said:
Why honour a contract just because he is a nice guy.
Release him and get a new player. "Simple"

Business is business
Because if you were the remaining devils would you put your body on the line knowing if you get hurt you will be released from your contract and be lame without an income? :shock: :DWD